Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why? His brother destroyed all the tests too. Clearly an athletic family.

His mom medaled at the Olympics as a sprinter, his dad was a track star that went on to play defensive back in the CFL and I'm pretty sure Jean-Luc has a bunch of OFSAArecords for sprinting as well. That family is fast for sure.

Hes a guy that depending on how the draft goes could fall to Detroits second round pick.For whatever reason hes pretty low in the first round to a lot of people right now. His teammate Cuylle is another guy to watch for with that early second round pick.

He looks like the Makar and Hughes kind of D-man to me. I like him a lot.

Watching Drysdale, I think hes a better defender than both of those guys at the same age. Skates comparably but probably isnt quite the offensive player. Overall pretty close to both of those guys in style and upside I think. I wuldnt want him top 3 I dont think but abolutely in play at 4th

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
His mom medaled at the Olympics as a sprinter, his dad was a track star that went on to play defensive back in the CFL and I'm pretty sure Jean-Luc has a bunch of OFSAArecords for sprinting as well. That family is fast for sure.

Hes a guy that depending on how the draft goes could fall to Detroits second round pick.For whatever reason hes pretty low in the first round to a lot of people right now. His teammate Cuylle is another guy to watch for with that early second round pick.

Yup, I’ve heard people say all year he’s the best skater in this draft.

Watching Drysdale, I think hes a better defender than both of those guys at the same age. Skates comparably but probably isnt quite the offensive player. Overall pretty close to both of those guys in style and upside I think. I wuldnt want him top 3 I dont think but abolutely in play at 4th

I agree with your first sentence, but not sure about the last one. I find myself putting him outside the top 3 not because I don’t think he’s good, but because I don’t think we need a RD.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I agree with your first sentence, but not sure about the last one. I find myself putting him outside the top 3 not because I don’t think he’s good, but because I don’t think we need a RD.

I think right handed D are probably the most valuable commodity in the NHL so it wouldnt bother me. The wings are probably set at right handed D but Hronek is only in his first full season, Seider has played half a season of pro hockey. I dont make a pick based on assuming everything will work out with those 2. Too many right handed D is a great problem to have. If they dont take him at 4th and he ends up being great it will suck but I also see the reasoning behind it. If hes viewed as completely equal with another player it might make sense to draft a different position because of Hronek and Seider.

Another guy I meant to mention that you mentioned earlier is Ryan O'Rourke. Looks like a late first/early second in the draft this year right in the wings second pick wheel house. I think he would really fit in with the wings D group.If you put him on the defense with Seider, McIsaac and Hronek teams are going to hate playing the wings for a playoff series.

You also mentioned Guhle. He looked good tonight. I've only see him play at the Hlinka but I've liked him then and now. He has some bite to his game like O'Rourke to go with some skill. Would fit with what Detroit is building really nicely as well

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn’t mind taking Jarvis early in the 2nd round he has 20g this season
He showed some wheels boy.

Brandon Coe looked really good, he's on a terrible team not much hype but I see lots of potential. I take him over Stranges all day.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I’m telling you... we may not need a RD but that kid is going to be a player once he develops.
Drysdale can play either side.

What'd you guys think of Cormier? He was overly active and got caught a number of times. I honestly don't know what to think of him because I was so wrong about Sandin.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Drysdale can play either side.

What'd you guys think of Cormier? He was overly active and got caught a number of times. I honestly don't know what to think of him because I was so wrong about Sandin.
If Drysdale can actually end up playing either side then I'm much more in favor of taking him. His skating is very, very good and that is one of the most useful skills to have now. The thought of a Drysdale-Seider pairing is very tantalizing.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
No, I would not.

This is not the time to try to be the smartest guy in the room. With as volatile as values on drafted prospects tend to be... I'm not going to deal a guy I'm pretty damn certain will be elite for even a chance at two guys that have a pretty good chance at being elite.

If the pair end up both hitting, sure, it's more value. But I have a really hard time seeing a future in which Lafreniere is not a stud.
It's still half year till draft , a lot of things going to change people opinion.
Did AVs right thing to trade Lindros for Forsberg++++?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Not a fan of Guhle? I think he's exactly the type of LD that would fit in with our group. Ideally I'd like to get Sanderson, but I feel like he will end up going in round 1. Ryan O'Rourke is another guy that interests me, but also feel like he will go somewhere in round 1.

I actually am a fan of Guhle and agree he is a good compliment to the organization. I am just overreacting to the number of defensemen we drafted last year. I think he and Schneider are the best CHL defensemen in the class after Drysdale. I like them much better than the top three of the Q. I am also really curious about some of these Swedish defensemen.

My problem is that most of the guys I really like outside of the top 6 are likely to go in the late teens to early 20s. At 32 Holloway will be gone, Perrault, Zary, Mysak, Brisson...all going in the first I think. The more I think about it, our best options at 32 are likely to be defensemen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I actually am a fan of Guhle and agree he is a good compliment to the organization. I am just overreacting to the number of defensemen we drafted last year. I think he and Schneider are the best CHL defensemen in the class after Drysdale. I like them much better than the top three of the Q. I am also really curious about some of these Swedish defensemen.

My problem is that most of the guys I really like outside of the top 6 are likely to go in the late teens to early 20s. At 32 Holloway will be gone, Perrault, Zary, Mysak, Brisson...all going in the first I think. The more I think about it, our best options at 32 are likely to be defensemen.

The only Euro defenseman I know of that intrigue me are Wallinder and Jurmo. I think Wallinder will definitely be gone but Jurmo might be an option. Maybe Emil Andrae?

If Jack Thompson is there in round 2 that might be a good option. If we grab a forward in round 1 then round 2 might be a prime spot for a defenseman.

Carter Savoie and Zion Nybeck could change that though if they are there for our 2nd pick.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The only Euro defenseman I know of that intrigue me are Wallinder and Jurmo. I think Wallinder will definitely be gone but Jurmo might be an option. Maybe Emil Andrae?

If Jack Thompson is there in round 2 that might be a good option. If we grab a forward in round 1 then round 2 might be a prime spot for a defenseman.

Carter Savoie and Zion Nybeck could change that though if they are there for our 2nd pick.

Grans was the other Swedish defensemen I was thinking of. I thought Thompson may last until the end of the 2nd which would be awesome. It is hard to tell, there is a lot of hockey left to be played. I have no objections to Savoie because I have never been deterred by Tier II kids. I think Benning could be interesting in the third to that end.

I don't love this class outside of the top 10-12. We will get a really good player with our first pick, but I am less convinced that we will get something memorable at 32.

Reactions: Frk It

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It's still half year till draft , a lot of things going to change people opinion.
Did AVs right thing to trade Lindros for Forsberg++++?

I’ve even said, if you get a bat crap offer that you literally can’t turn down, sure. But that would be like Ottawa dealing their two firsts and Thomas Chabot. Or something so ridiculously tilted that you’re an idiot to say no.

Any remotely reasonable offer in terms of value does nothing for me.

Christien

May 1, 2010
One of my favorite players in this draft. I’d love to get another first and grab him with it

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Justin Barron is another excellent skating D man that may be available at 32 due to his blood clotting issue. Will be interesting to see how far he falls down the rankings.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Hopefully Yzerman can find a way to take on some salary in order to gain an extra pick or two, since it doesn't look like our veteran players will return much.

Looking at a team like Boston, we could take Backes off their hands. Possibly even try for something like AA for Backes, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, 2021 2nd.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Hopefully Yzerman can find a way to take on some salary in order to gain an extra pick or two, since it doesn't look like our veteran players will return much.

Looking at a team like Boston, we could take Backes off their hands. Possibly even try for something like AA for Backes, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, 2021 2nd.

I’d prefer to do something like this with more of a bubble team than a first place team but I agree with the general idea.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I’d prefer to do something like this with more of a bubble team than a first place team but I agree with the general idea.

All gotta come down to finding the right match. Gonna be tough to find a bubble team who desperately needs to unload a contract that will expire by 2021, and is also willing to give up the assets to do so.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
All gotta come down to finding the right match. Gonna be tough to find a bubble team who desperately needs to unload a contract that will expire by 2021, and is also willing to give up the assets to do so.

I would think a team sitting around the 7th-8th seed would be more desperate to add so they can try to compete, than a first place team that’s dominated all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->