Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Lundell is probably pressing that to make it a top 5. I can see him having a big year. He's an early birthday, but even in his D-1 year he managed to record 9 goals and 10 assists in 38 Liiga games. For reference that puts him at 0.5 points per game compared to Kakko's 0.84 in 45 games in this year. Kakko only played 6 games in Liiga in his D-1 recording 1 point.
Yeah, you can't argue with Lundell's results. He's not flashy but he creates offense. Reminds me of Veleno a bit.
Also I made sure to say fairly clear because it's not 100% at all. There's a whole season of hockey ahead of us, but as of right now I like the aforementioned five guys.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I really like Antonio Stranges from London. Played in the Little Caesar's program. He's a really good skater and uses his edges in a unique way while carrying the puck. He also is sick in the shootout, like Nielsen good in the shootout.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Time to stock up on 1st round picks, the top is looking insane. Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Raymond, Lundell, Stranges, Perfetti, Rossi, Gunler.

For D position, Drysdale and Barron are looking like Top 4D's so far.

Goalie wise, Askarov is the number 1 pick goalie. Outside of that, Bednar looks like the 2nd highest rated goalie

Reactions: firestarter

Christien

May 1, 2010
Time to stock up on 1st round picks, the top is looking insane. Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Raymond, Lundell, Stranges, Perfetti, Rossi, Gunler.

For D position, Drysdale and Barron are looking like Top 4D's so far.

Goalie wise, Askarov is the number 1 pick goalie. Outside of that, Bednar looks like the 2nd highest rated goalie
Yeah for sure. I like the top of this draft way more than the one this year. I think this is the year we get that center that can play behind or in front of Larkin. Imagine Byfield and then Luke Hughes the year after :naughty:

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Yeah for sure. I like the top of this draft way more than the one this year. I think this is the year we get that center that can play behind or in front of Larkin. Imagine Byfield and then Luke Hughes the year after :naughty:
I think next year might be our last time picking around the top 5 (unless we get bumped into the top 3 from 14/15).

Reactions: hkydave04

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

All drafts look great a year out. I would give it some time before drawing those conclusions.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Any Kakko' coming in 2020? By that, I mean a guy who could legitimately push Alexis for that top spot. Seems like a deeeeeeep draft so far.

I am not sure he will with industry types but I prefer Byfield. 6'4" 215+ center that is one of the youngest players in the draft with an August Birthday. He is a monster, I prefer him to Alexis. I think he can challenge him especially with the position being in his favor, which wasn't the case for Kakko.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any Kakko' coming in 2020? By that, I mean a guy who could legitimately push Alexis for that top spot. Seems like a deeeeeeep draft so far.

Lafreniere has been dominant and a known quantity for so long in the scouting world that I really doubt he gets unseated next year, barring something catastrophic.

That said, I think Byfield, Drysdale, Raymond, and Holtz will battle for the #2 spot and maybe make the conversation interesting over the next year.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am not sure he will with industry types but I prefer Byfield. 6'4" 215+ center that is one of the youngest players in the draft with an August Birthday. He is a monster, I prefer him to Alexis. I think he can challenge him especially with the position being in his favor, which wasn't the case for Kakko.

I am with you on that assessment. Byfield would be an awesome fit for what we have in the organization. While I like the quality of the 2020 class overall, it does not have a ton of guys who obviously project as centers in the pro ranks in my opinion, which makes Byfield all the more intriguing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am with you on that assessment. Byfield would be an awesome fit for what we have in the organization. While I like the quality of the 2020 class overall, it does not have a ton of guys who obviously project as centers in the pro ranks in my opinion, which makes Byfield all the more intriguing.

The OHL is poised for a strong bounce back.

I am hoping Cole Perfetti and Jacob Perrault show they can project as centers. I like those 2 kids.

Also was really impressed with Zary at the U18s and am optimistic he will be a riser next year.

Reactions: Marky9er

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
The OHL is poised for a strong bounce back.

I am hoping Cole Perfetti and Jacob Perrault show they can project as centers. I like those 2 kids.

Also was really impressed with Zary at the U18s and am optimistic he will be a riser next year.
With Zary just compare his production to Dach, and his teammates to Krebs. Really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->