Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Who’s projected to go 6th since we’re destined to complete the number of the beast?
I've only seen 1 ranking, but it's almost pointless a year away. Tim Stutzle was 6th and Mysak was not in the top 31.... which seems really questionable to me.

I think it's Lafreniere, Byfield and the 2 Swedish kids as the top 4 then a number of guys like Perfetti, Rossi, Mysak, really there's quite a few who had good years in PPG territory like Jacob Perrault. Lot's of guys to keep tabs on.

Reactions: Orthodox Caveman

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Pronman has Lundell ranked 6th

Watched a bit of him the other day. First impressions are he’s definitely not flashy. Likes to clean up the garbage in front of the net. Still early, definitely need to watch a lot more.

I really like Byfield though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Pronman is lower on Barron than a lot of lists I've seen. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Byfield is the most intriguing one to me, 6'5, elite skating center. Obviously its Lafreniere's draft right now but if anyone is going to challenge him its Byfield I think just given the fact that hes the center and all the other top talents in this draft are wingers

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Byfield is the dream. Would be like getting 1 player that combines the best elements of Dach and Cozens from this last draft. Would be absolutely over the moon if we pull that off.

Also really intrigued by the group of Swedish kids. Pretty special group there. Lundell too.

I'm intrigued to see if Lafreniere will be the next talented winger that @The Zetterberg Era is lower on than everyone else... seems like there's always 1 :laugh:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Byfield is the dream. Would be like getting 1 player that combines the best elements of Dach and Cozens from this last draft. Would be absolutely over the moon if we pull that off.

Also really intrigued by the group of Swedish kids. Pretty special group there. Lundell too.

I'm intrigued to see if Lafreniere will be the next talented winger that @The Zetterberg Era is lower on than everyone else... seems like there's always 1 :laugh:

I'm really intrigued to see how their clubs handle Raymond and Holtz. They could both be high end players in the SHL next year, both with 2002 birthdays. They could be really something else in about a year. Definitely the main attraction in the Hlinka Gretzky for me this year.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Byfield sounds terrific, but a line of:
Lafreniere-Larkin-Zadina

Sounds good as hell too.

Reactions: newfy

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'm going to do a shameless plug for a Saginaw player. Since 2010/11 here is the complete list of players to average better than PPG in their U17 season:

Cole Perfetti
Connor McDavid
Travis Konecny
Alex Galchenyuk

First U17 since Taylor Hall (07/08) to get 35 goals.

Wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if we can't suck enough to get 1 or 2.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Connor Zary was over PPG on Kamloops, a close 2nd on a team with no big name vets. Statistically close to Dach, 9 months younger (late birthdate, missed 2019 draft by 6 days.)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Can’t wait for the lottery to bump us down THREE spots next year.

dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me-ricky-bobby.jpg

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
From the looks of next years draft class, we should get a pretty high level player if we draft in the top 10-15.
In no order:
Lafreniere
Byfield
Lundell
Holtz
Raymond
Gunler
Foudy
Rossi
Drysdale
Barron
Perfetti
Perreault
Mercer
Holloway
Zary
Savoie
Lapierre

Atm, I would be perfectly fine with getting Foudy at 5-6, great wheels, but with IQ and hands to go with them, unlike his brother. Looking forward to watching him next season in some tournaments.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
From the looks of next years draft class, we should get a pretty high level player if we draft in the top 10-15.
In no order:
Lafreniere
Byfield
Lundell
Holtz
Raymond
Gunler
Foudy
Rossi
Drysdale
Barron
Perfetti
Perreault
Mercer
Holloway
Zary
Savoie
Lapierre

Atm, I would be perfectly fine with getting Foudy at 5-6, great wheels, but with IQ and hands to go with them, unlike his brother. Looking forward to watching him next season in some tournaments.
Seems like an order lol. The OHL guys are going to be this year's Dach-Byram-Cozens-Krebs. Looks like Sweden has an outstanding class. You seem really high on Foudy, I'm looking forward to see how he does as well as Stranges.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Seems like an order lol. The OHL guys are going to be this year's Dach-Byram-Cozens-Krebs. Looks like Sweden has an outstanding class. You seem really high on Foudy, I'm looking forward to see how he does as well as Stranges.
It was just the order at which those names came to mind,not a ranking..but I see why it could look like one

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
It was just the order at which those names came to mind,not a ranking..but I see why it could look like one
I'm just having fun. It's too early for anything more than groupings IMO. It looks like Lafreniere-Byfield-Raymond currently in lottery territory and a pretty large group of first round talents. I'm pretty much all in on a center this year, unless it's a lottery win deal so just identifying the prospective centers is all I care about, not a sequence at this point.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I would love Raymond on the team. Seems like Mitch Marner 2.0. We also badly need a skilled right handed forward.
My rankings of what I see as a fairly clear top 4 is 1. Lafreniere, 2. Raymond, 3. Byfield, 4. Holtz

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I would love Raymond on the team. Seems like Mitch Marner 2.0. We also badly need a skilled right handed forward.
My rankings of what I see as a fairly clear top 4 is 1. Lafreniere, 2. Raymond, 3. Byfield, 4. Holtz

Lundell is probably pressing that to make it a top 5. I can see him having a big year. He's an early birthday, but even in his D-1 year he managed to record 9 goals and 10 assists in 38 Liiga games. For reference that puts him at 0.5 points per game compared to Kakko's 0.84 in 45 games in this year. Kakko only played 6 games in Liiga in his D-1 recording 1 point.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Looking at these threads just leads to ultimate disappointment when we either lose the lottery or end up picking off the board.

To think...my worst case scenario this year was us picking Dach :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad