2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anybody want to give a quick summary to somebody that has paid zero attention to whatever was supposed to happen tonight? What does 'ghost team' mean?

This is the draft order:
No. 8 Buffalo Sabres
No. 7 New Jersey Devils
No. 6 Anaheim Ducks
No. 5 Ottawa Senators
No. 4 Detroit Red Wings
No. 3 Ottawa Senators
No. 2 Los Angeles Kings
No. 1 Placeholder team to be determined

Which means all 8 teams that lose the play-in series will be entered in a second lottery, each with a 12.5% chance at winning that 1st overall pick.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I thought we already agreed it was Lafreniere-Fiala-Kaprizov
Yeah that order isn’t set in stone tho. Kaprizov could jump in the middle and we could slide Fiala back the RW. Or Laf can hop in the middle

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So even if the season doesn't happen, the Wild will still be one of the eight teams with a shot at 1st overall.

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Fiala is gonna become common enemy real quick if he tries to take away our 12.5% chance at Lafreniere

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wonder what you could trade a 12.5% chance at the first pick in the 2020 draft for?

Probably not enough to be worth trading a 12.5% chance at Lafreniere

Also, the trade restrictions probably won't be lifted before the second lottery anyway, so it's a moot point.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Anybody want to give a quick summary to somebody that has paid zero attention to whatever was supposed to happen tonight? What does 'ghost team' mean?

From my understanding there is another lottery after the play in round where they take the next 8 teams that didn't make the playoffs and whoever wins that will get the top selection. So 1/8 chance if the Wild lose to get the 1st overall.

If there isn't a play in round, bottom 8 teams in term of points I believe get a chance.

Hahah Detroit

Without landing first, this is probably one of the favorable outcomes for Detroit as Yzerman has been linked to Stutzle and it wouldn't be a reach where they are picking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if a miracle happened & we landed lafreniere i'd want him on a line with staal & zuccarello; 2 good playmakers feeding him could be magic.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
With what?
We’d have to trade a D or package our 1sts probably. If Rossi or Perfetti are there, I’d pull the trigger. Anaheim or Buffalo could get their winger or dman at 11 if that is where we end up. A guy like Quinn next to Zegras/Cozens, or Sanderson while adding nhl ready/near ready defense would boost their teams. And then we get our potential C.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, if we win against VAN, and PIT loses against MTL, then we go back to picking in the late teens, and don't get PIT's pick?
That would be special.:confused:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So, if we win against VAN, and PIT loses against MTL, then we go back to picking in the late teens, and don't get PIT's pick?
That would be special.:confused:
If the Wild win the Cup, they have to go all the way to the end of the 1st round. Man, wouldn't that just suck. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->