2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Interesting takes by pronman. For some background I’ll tell you that he breaks down tiers by:
Special: One of very best plays at position
Elite: top 10-15% at position
High-end: 1st liner/top pair
Very good: top 6/top 4
Legit: bottom half lineup

9 player projected as 1st line or better

Laf in special tier, Byfield is bubble elite/special
Groups Stutzle, Raymond, Perfetti into Elite tier

Zary, Mercer, Jarvis all high-end/very good—> i.e. 1syt line tweeters. The first two there play center. Personally, Zary worries me.

Brenden Brisson at 14 is interesting. Has him listed as a C in the very good tier (top 6). I’m not super familiar with the player. Pronman has said before that he just lists the players as they’re listed by central scouting, so I’m intruiged as to if he’s an actual C.
14. Brendan Brisson, C, Chicago-USHL
Oct. 22, 2001 | 5-foot-11 | 179 pounds
Skating: 50
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 45
Hockey Sense: 65
Shot Grade: 60
Brisson, the son of NHL agent Pat Brisson, was one of the best players in the USHL and had a great World Jr. A Challenge, tying the tournament record for scoring. Brisson is a very skilled player. He has the slick 1-on-1 skill to beat defenders consistently and make plays in small areas. He’s an extremely creative playmaker who can make a lot of plays off the perimeter and make plays with pace. He improvises very well, making high-end plays under pressure. Brisson is a great passer, but also a great goal-scorer, who scored numerous goals off his one-timer. That combination makes him very dangerous on the power play. Brisson has limitations in his size and speed, which is why some scouts still question how his game will translate. He does compete well, attacking the middle third of the ice; and he isn’t a perimeter player, although I wouldn’t call him very physical.
Ryan Hardy, GM of the Chicago Steel, on Brisson: “He has so many attributes that are attractive. He has skill, he can score, and he can make plays.”

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Interesting takes by pronman. For some background I’ll tell you that he breaks down tiers by:
Special: One of very best plays at position
Elite: top 10-15% at position
High-end: 1st liner/top pair
Very good: top 6/top 4
Legit: bottom half lineup

9 player projected as 1st line or better

Laf in special tier, Byfield is bubble elite/special
Groups Stutzle, Raymond, Perfetti into Elite tier

Zary, Mercer, Jarvis all high-end/very good—> i.e. 1syt line tweeters. The first two there play center. Personally, Zary worries me.

Brenden Brisson at 14 is interesting. Has him listed as a C in the very good tier (top 6). I’m not super familiar with the player. Pronman has said before that he just lists the players as they’re listed by central scouting, so I’m intruiged as to if he’s an actual C.
14. Brendan Brisson, C, Chicago-USHL
Oct. 22, 2001 | 5-foot-11 | 179 pounds
Skating: 50
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 45
Hockey Sense: 65
Shot Grade: 60
Brisson, the son of NHL agent Pat Brisson, was one of the best players in the USHL and had a great World Jr. A Challenge, tying the tournament record for scoring. Brisson is a very skilled player. He has the slick 1-on-1 skill to beat defenders consistently and make plays in small areas. He’s an extremely creative playmaker who can make a lot of plays off the perimeter and make plays with pace. He improvises very well, making high-end plays under pressure. Brisson is a great passer, but also a great goal-scorer, who scored numerous goals off his one-timer. That combination makes him very dangerous on the power play. Brisson has limitations in his size and speed, which is why some scouts still question how his game will translate. He does compete well, attacking the middle third of the ice; and he isn’t a perimeter player, although I wouldn’t call him very physical.
Ryan Hardy, GM of the Chicago Steel, on Brisson: “He has so many attributes that are attractive. He has skill, he can score, and he can make plays.”

Mercer is the guy that I like more and more with everything that I see/read about him. Might have to find a new guy though if Pronman likes him too.

I don't really know amything about Brisson. I do know that guys drafted out the USHL are pretty much impossible to get a read on.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Mercer is the guy that I like more and more with everything that I see/read about him. Might have to find a new guy though if Pronman likes him too.

I don't really know amything about Brisson. I do know that guys drafted out the USHL are pretty much impossible to get a read on.
Brisson is a guy that I think you look at with Pittsburgh’s pick. Like I said, I don’t know much about him, but 59 points in 45 USHL games is impressive. His team was loaded, which is something to keep an eye on, but I think he could have a good season at U mich next year just based on historical comparisons. I like Mercer too, especially in our likely range, I just wonder why his production slowed down when he got traded.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel for Quinton Byfield :) this one was my favourite to make so far

Hit the like or subscribe button if you guys enjoy!

More videos are on the way

Another fresh hype reel for Marco Rossi - who had with the highest PPG of this draft class

Enjoy guys :)

Another fresh new hype reel for Connor Zary - absolute workhorse of a player

Hope you guys enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe this stuff is better put on the main Prospects page? Seems to me you are flooding HFB in order to get hits. I mean, lots of draftniks do, but you are going further than most.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just got Perfetti, Mercer, and Perrault with the first three Wild picks on a draft simulator app. Yes!!!

Reactions: Digitalbooya

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well im frustrated with the bs playoffs upcoming the draft probably wont happen till end of sept or early oct. bettman sokks. how will we even have pre season for teams ? IF pitt loses to MTL they keep there pick is my understanding.

P10p

May 15, 2012
well im frustrated with the bs playoffs upcoming the draft probably wont happen till end of sept or early oct. bettman sokks. how will we even have pre season for teams ? IF pitt loses to MTL they keep there pick is my understanding.

Yeah totally Bettmans fault for the pandemic. How dare he do his job and try to minimize the loss for the owners while still providing a fair playoff format....

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nothing bs about the possible upcoming playoff.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Hopefully we get to watch this team next year:

Kent Johnson is my dark horsed or 1OA next year

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The NHL Draft Lottery and Why it Matters for the Minnesota Wild
If any of the teams in the bottom seven (i.e any of the teams not involved with the play-in series/postseason) wins any of the first three lottery draws, they earn that pick in the Entry Draft. The Winner of the first draw gets the first pick, the Winner of the second draw gets the second pick, and the Winner of the third draw gets the third pick.
The other eight teams are labeled as “Qualifier Team (letter)”, meaning, if any of the “Qualifier Teams” win any of the three lottery draws, a second phase of the NHL Lottery Draft will occur between the Play-In Series and the First Official Playoff Round.
If the three lottery draws in Phase 1 are won by teams #1-7, there will not be a second phase, and the remaining teams (the other four from #1-#7 and the teams who don’t advance from teams #8-#15) are ranked in inverse points percentage for draft selection.

In the Second Phase of the Lottery Draft, all teams have the same odds for each lottery draw, even between teams who did not participate in a Play-In and those who did.
If any of the Three Draws are won by Qualifier Team Placeholders and the Minnesota Wild fail to defeat the Vancouver Canucks in the Play-In Series, the Wild could make a significant jump in draft selection. Even if the Wild fails to win the Lottery, they could select as high as 8th (if all three of Montreal, Chicago, and Arizona win their Play-In Series) and at worst they are picking 11th overall.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Watch, Minnesota wins their play-in, gets blown out in the playoffs and drafts in the late teens, early twenties losing out on a talented center again. Meantime, Pittsburgh loses their play-in, gets a top 8 selection. Hockey doesn't start on time, we get Pittsburgh's pick next season in the late 20s and pick another Zach Phillips, because not enough data on the draft selections next year and the guy that did well this year that slid for 'unknown' reasons, yeah there is a reason why he slid.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Watch, Minnesota wins their play-in, gets blown out in the playoffs and drafts in the late teens, early twenties losing out on a talented center again. Meantime, Pittsburgh loses their play-in, gets a top 8 selection. Hockey doesn't start on time, we get Pittsburgh's pick next season in the late 20s and pick another Zach Phillips, because not enough data on the draft selections next year and the guy that did well this year that slid for 'unknown' reasons, yeah there is a reason why he slid.
aren’t you just a little ball of brightness this morning.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Give me the pick 100%. I have no interest in winning that series.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
can you just imagine IF wild lose to vancouver then hit the jackpot? 1 in 8 shot for christmas to come early. i was also happy to see the projected top 10 did not include lundell , better chance for us to pick 11 or 12. (assuming loss to nuckers)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anybody want to give a quick summary to somebody that has paid zero attention to whatever was supposed to happen tonight? What does 'ghost team' mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad