Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Who are people’s favorite forward and defense prospects who will likely be either 1st or 2nd RD picks in this draft? I’ve been primarily watching Flyers prospects this season and I haven’t been able to watch nearly as many draft eligible prospects as I have in past years.

I’m really liking what I’m seeing out of Lukas Cormier (LHD) from my viewings this season. Great edgework, pivots, crossovers, and he’s very fast. Fantastic passer too and makes a lot of stops with his feet and via stickwork.
I haven’t watched anything outside of the WJC. From that I liked Peterka, Reichel, Stützle, and Mysak though. Didn’t pay much attention to the other top guys there.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I would like you to take a look at Lukas Reichel, Anton Lundell and Simon Knak and tell me what I should think, please and thank you.

Lukas Reichel: one of those German folks
Anton Lundell: never trust a man with the first name Anton
Simon Knak: former Lindt Chocolatier

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Is anyone going to watch this prospect game on NHLN? I'm going to stick with it for now, but I'm clueless on these players. HockeyProspect.com only has 3 playing in this ranked as 1st rounders.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Youth Olympic Games are going on. It’s essentially a U16 tournament. USA & Russia are in the gold medal game.

These kids at least in NA will be eligible to play in the USHL & CHL next year. Shane Wright of Canada already plays in the OHL full time after getting exceptional status.

The US look pretty good as of now but obviously things can change. The last time this tournament took place it was Farabee’s birth year & he didn’t make the team for example. He obviously went on to be the top American from that birth year by his U18 year.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
William Villeneuve is on my list of players to watch more closely in the 2nd half of the season. Anyone here familiar with his game?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Jack Quinn from the Ottawa 67s is a forward I like. I'm from the Ottawa Valley originally and Jack is from a village about 15 minutes away from where I was raised. Hard working kid with very good hands, good speed, good hockey iq and good size (6'1, 180 pounds). Also plays a full 200 for game. He's probably going to end the season with 50+ goals.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Jack Quinn from the Ottawa 67s is a forward I like. I'm from the Ottawa Valley originally and Jack is from a village about 15 minutes away from where I was raised. Hard working kid with very good hands, good speed, good hockey iq and good size (6'1, 180 pounds). Also plays a full 200 for game. He's probably going to end the season with 50+ goals.

Village? Is it civilized there?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I try not to get excited about the top 10 guys so I don't get jealous of who other teams are getting. Focus on teh 10-20 ranked guys and find a favorite or 2 from that group.

Life in the middle.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanderson in the top 10 surprised me a little. Haven’t really watched him yet.

Not crazy about the CHL defensemen getting mid first round hype though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For quite a while, I have had this terrible premonition that we are going to end up with Rodion Amirov, and I am not sure that I can stomach someone named Rodion when we already have Ronnie Attard.

Reactions: Morinisbear

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Askarov will go in 1st round?

hysterical.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad