Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
(1): Undrafted Draft+1 OHL FWD Evgeni Oksentyuk vs. 2019 NHL Drafted OHL FWDS (2001 Born) Draft+1 Season Estimated Scoring Rates:

**Remember kids: Official TOI isn't provided to us heathens**

Oksentyuk vs 2019 Draft OHL FWDS D+1 Season.png

(2): Oksentyuk Even-Strength Involvement% & Even-Strength Primary Involvement% vs this same sample of players

Oksentyuk EV INV% & EV P1 INV%.png

Picking Oksentyuk anywhere from Rd 4 through 7 would represent good value for any NHL team. Stacks up real nicely vs his already drafted peers during his first season in NA.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don’t want this and neither should the Flyers:

View attachment 345561

Drafting injured players is a gamble that teams lose...a lot

Hard No.
I'd definitely rather buy stocks on the way up than on the way down, but...it's hard for me to ignore the fact that he was the best skater at the Hlinka for my money this summer. Mitigating risk is how you come out on top in the long run, but at some point risk intersects reward. Obviously you have to be comfortable with his long term health and essentially missing 2/3 of your 17 year old season is not ideal either. Will you be able to with a possible accelerated draft process? :dunno:

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
In realistic case scenario our target should be on of:
- Jake Neighbours;
- Jacob Perrault;
- Martin Chromiak;
- Kaiden Guhle;
- Brendan Schneider;
- Ryan O`Rourke;
- Thomas Bordeleau;
- Ridley Greig

And my own non-draft list (at least in the 1st round):
- Jeremie Poiriere - awful lateral movies and backward skating, which are unallowable for Dman in the NHL nowdays;
- Connor Zary - lack of top-6 skills, terrible non-PP stats, despite he`s a late 2001 born and played 1st line alongside with solid (by WHL standarts) overagers

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
I hope the board is a lot better than that. :laugh:
Well, I hope someone like Jarvis or Mercer will fall to our choice, but right now it seems unrealistic. I`m not a big fan of some hyped guys like Amirov or Gunler, so I don`t think other guys are more better than ones I listed above. It`s a matter of taste though

Reactions: IronMarshal

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Well, I hope someone like Jarvis or Mercer will fall to our choice, but right now it seems unrealistic. I`m not a big fan of some hyped guys like Amirov or Gunler, so I don`t think other guys are more better than ones I listed above. It`s a matter of taste though

Reichel, Khusnutdinov, Mysak?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Difference of opinion I guess. Besides Greig, I really have no interest in any of the players listed as first round picks. They are more 2nd round types (to me). O'Rourke - I don't think you could convince me he's a top 100 pick. That would be a really disappointing pick for a team with all of the young LHD in the system.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I hope the board is a lot better than that. :laugh:

I guess:

Lafreniere, Rossi, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Holtz, Gunler, Lundell, Perfetti, Drysdale, Sanderson, Askarov, Quinn, Zary, Mercer.

Feel like 15 who will almost certainly go top 20. Maybe ~1 guy falls.

Then:

Jarvis, Mysak, Amirov, Holloway are 4 more who very likely are gone before 20.

Which leaves ~6 picks before the Flyers and:

Brisson, Bourque, Lapierre, Nybeck, Neigbours, Perreault, Peterka, Reichel, Greig, Evangelista, Chromiak...

And: Andrae, Grans, Wallinder, Poirier, Schneider, Guhle, Barron, Cormier.

Left as guys who seem like they have a good chance to go in the 1st round.

I would *guess* that ~3 Dmen go before the Flyers.

And that there are ~2-3 of:

Brisson, Bourque, Lapierre, Nybeck, Perreault.

are left when the Flyers pick.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I’m all aboard the Lapierre train. Read an article about how his injury was misdiagnosed and that he’s fine now.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Was able to get in some viewings recently and Lapierre IS a good player. The injuries are for sure concerning though. If I had to pick between the two, I'd go Brisson over Lapierre at 26 (if thats where the Flyers end up picking).

Lapierre without an extensive draft year injury history would be a solid bet in the late 1st.

Yet...that's an Earth 2.0 scenario

he’s fine and would offer more upside than many others at our spot

After draft year of injury and mystery, Hendrix Lapierre has something to prove
After draft year of injury and mystery, Hendrix Lapierre has...

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I have 4th overall in a full keeper league and I'm having trouble on who I would pick there :laugh:.

Ooof. Tough draw.

Stutzle if he is there (I could see somebody at 2 or 3 going full Kournianos and taking Perfetti).

Otherwise I would recommend looking very closely at Rossi, Perfetti, or Askarov. 4th seems crazy on a goalie but I really think this kid is legit and if your settings allow you to stash him for 3/4/5 years; that's a pick that will pay off for a decade or more.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Ooof. Tough draw.

Stutzle if he is there (I could see somebody at 2 or 3 going full Kournianos and taking Perfetti).

Otherwise I would recommend looking very closely at Rossi, Perfetti, or Askarov. 4th seems crazy on a goalie but I really think this kid is legit and if your settings allow you to stash him for 3/4/5 years; that's a pick that will pay off for a decade or more.

If Askarov signs, he would probably be top 5 in the league. And yep, since it's a full league, you can hold onto a player as long as you have a spare NA slot for them.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Any risers ur high on for the flyers draft spot?

I've yet to find my 2020 Bobby Brink to bang the table for.

I'm still in my initial stages of studying. It's going to be very difficult this year. No U-18 tournament. Also, the super handy prospect shift website has folded.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New Tim Stutzle hype reel - enjoy guys :)

If there's another player you'd like covered let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad