Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part IV - well, the lotto sucked

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
With how long the draft is delayed, every player is getting nitpicked until we reach paralysis by analysis. I can't imagine the conversations that some actual scouting staffs must be having - it might border on a cyclic game of rock / paper / scissors:

Drysdale has better skating than Raymond.
Perfetti has more creativity than Drysdale.
Raymond plays a better two-way game than Perfetti.

It's maddening. No TV and no beer make Homer, something-something...

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
With how long the draft is delayed, every player is getting nitpicked until we reach paralysis by analysis. I can't imagine the conversations that some actual scouting staffs must be having - it might border on a cyclic game of rock / paper / scissors:

It's crazy. For two months now I have been going fort En back, back en fort.
From Raymond to Rossi to Perfetti. I am now in some quasi Raymond-Perfetti stage. If they asked me to announce the wings' selection at 4 I would proudly announce our selection to be Rarfossi

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
My worst fears for this lotto are closer to becoming reality; One of Toronto, Edmonton, Pittsburgh or NYR could end up with the first overall pick. Bleh.

Reactions: FMichael

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Title checks out, that sucked.

I'm pretty bored of the 4th options and just waiting for them to decide. There's a lot of interesting players further down the list and I've started digging deeper on the goalies just to change it up. I'm not huge on any of them(Askarov not included) it's interesting to hear some of the opinions from the self declared goalie experts out there(different YT and podcasts out there).

I like Bednar as a project he has size and youth. Don't know how he was playing pro at 16, but he needs a lot of technical refinements and I'd gamble that they can be made. In clips I saw this guy purposely laying on his belly and leaping up with his arms to make saves. What the hell. He's apparently coming to QMJHL and I think they just hit the reset button on him. I know some of you like Commesso and or Blomqvist and I would be happy with either, and probably safer picks.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
My worst fears for this lotto are closer to becoming reality; One of Toronto, Edmonton, Pittsburgh or NYR could end up with the first overall pick. Bleh.

That actually would be a positive for us. If he went to one of those teams there would be such an outcry from the fans that the NHL might finally do away with the lottery all together or at least properly fix it.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I just appreciate that you left Rossi out of the discussion.

giphy-downsized-2.gif

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

As I mentioned in a previous thread as to whom we should pick at 4th overall - all this extra time on our hands has us nitpicking thru every pro/con of the top 10 prospects...As expected people will change their minds a handful of times...At least the banter helps pass the time.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I drove to Little Caesar's to pick up a Hot-N-Ready (now $5.55!) and stuffed Crazy Bread. Drive there, entering code into the portal and drive back spent thinking about getting boned by Bettman's Balls. Who is he kidding? These play-in teams are playoff teams. None of these play-in teams are bad.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I drove to Little Caesar's to pick up a Hot-N-Ready (now $5.55!) and stuffed Crazy Bread. Drive there, entering code into the portal and drive back spent thinking about getting boned by Bettman's Balls. Who is he kidding? These play-in teams are playoff teams. None of these play-in teams are bad.

Chicago. Montreal. Teams that traded guys away at the deadline. They don't have a "fair shot" in the playoffs. They're playing to help the league avoid a massive cut in tv revenue.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
In my dream Stutzle DEMANDS not be drafted 3rd overall because he wants to play with his big bro Seider. Ottawa drafts Drysdale while we reunite the German brothers.
I think we end up with him, have a feeling Ottawa will go Raymond/Drysdale

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think we end up with him, have a feeling Ottawa will go Raymond/Drysdale

Ottawa's weakest position is at center, I cannot see them passing on Stutzle. Besides one of Raymond or Drysdale will be available at the 5th pick when they draft again.

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
i just want to draft stutzle at 3 cant we just trade up 1 spot and make that happen what would the cost of something like that be? our 4th plus cholo or raz? i just think it would be awesome to have seider and stutzle both on the wings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad