Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part III - June 26th Lottery Confirmed by League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I have Viro going 3rd round, Niemala early 2nd, Kaiser 3rd round or later and Faber also 3rd round.

3rd is stacked with defenders. Maybe Barron slips to 3rd or Villeneuve as well.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Of forwards, Jokerit U20 Juuso Mäenpää stood out in all, Zone entries, Scoring chance assists+chances and Primary shot contributions. All three areas overall, looked very stong.

Kasper Simontaival was also great these areas, especially in Scoring chance data, both Assists and chances. Most dangerous forward of all.

Veeti Miettinen also good.

These guys are just so damn small. :(

Mäenpää 5'7, Miettinen and Simontaival both 5'9.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Christien

May 1, 2010
Kinda want the Wings to draft Albert Lyckåsen just because of this video :laugh:

Has anybody here watched him play? I looked him up on Eliteprospects, he's a RHD that appears to be an overager, however, he's ranked by a few scouting services.

Strong skating defender, he keeps a good gap and is generally on the right side of the puck and likes to jump into the rush , McKeen's Hockey 2019

His shot is not very hard but he keeps his the puck low and rarely gets blocked, Hockeyprospect.com 2019

In his own end, his gap control is solid and he either uses his physical play or stick work to break up developing plays, Future Considerations 2019

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like all four of those (especially Kaiser (one of the most underrated players in this class) and Faber). I personally don't think Kaiser makes it out of the second round.

I have heard Faber has picked up some buzz in the last few months.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Kinda want the Wings to draft Albert Lyckåsen just because of this video :laugh:

Has anybody here watched him play? I looked him up on Eliteprospects, he's a RHD that appears to be an overager, however, he's ranked by a few scouting services.

I’m in total agreement

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Of those I like Seeley and Faber the most, but I think they'll get picked much earlier than what I'd be comfortable with. I feel like they'd be slight reaches with our late 2nds/early 3rds and won't last till our 5th. If one of them was available at our 5th round pick I think they'd be perfectly fine value picks.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Not sure if this is the best thread to post this, but here's an interview with Perfetti. For the first couple minutes, he touches on the possibility of playing in Detroit.

Reactions: jfrank21

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Not sure if this is the best thread to post this, but here's an interview with Perfetti. For the first couple minutes, he touches on the possibility of playing in Detroit.

Sounds like he rather goes to Detroit than Ottawa. Dont blame him. I have him going somewhere between 5 and 8. Like the kid, hope he grows a few inches.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Is there any truth to Arizona possibly having to forfeit their pick? Would be such an epic plot twist if they win the lottery lol.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is there any truth to Arizona possibly having to forfeit their pick? Would be such an epic plot twist if they win the lottery lol.

Not sure, after the NHL gave the pick back to New Jersey I am not confident they will follow through in that way.

I think a very substantial fine is coming.

I actually think it would be funny/appropriate if you barred them from the combine for like 5 years as a part of the penalty.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't agree, but Jarvis has top 10 talent in my opinion. He created a lot of offense this year and has a ton to develop. I wouldn't take him over Raymond personally, but as I usually end these things, I have him above Rossi...

I’m actually not sure why I don’t have Jarvis higher...?

Now that I think about it.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

17:56 for Sanderson vs Drysdale

I will be up front in saying that you cannot scout through a stat sheet, or by looking at two profiles side by side (measurements and athleticism).

But the end of the video was not at all kind to Jamie Drysdale. He was put in a body bag.

Sanderson is kind of the profile of a prototypical defenseman of the NHL, but it’s also very easy to look and see all the top flight defensemen who buck the trend when it comes to that prototype. The mobility is there, the size is there, the fundamentals are there, the basic instincts are there. What it comes down to is trying to assess if he has a more dynamic range to his offensive game that would allow him to excel quarterbacking an NHL powerplay.

Is he more McDonagh, or is he more Vlasic?

Reactions: Darkseider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->