Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I really hope we land one of those top-3 guys. I've been watching a lot of Stutzle lately and I would not be upset at all if we take him at #2, the kid reminds me of a Kane/Panarin combo, and the last time I got excited watching this much footage was of Elias Pettersson, so I really have a good hunch on this guy.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Just dont draft another winger unless its Laf..... stutzle has been advertised as a possible center recently so im OK with him

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Just dont draft another winger unless its Laf..... stutzle has been advertised as a possible center recently so im OK with him

At least with him we would have two bets on center position, not 100% guys, but still good bets. Veleno and Stuzle. Either will pan out, and Rasmussen holds the future 3rd line.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Veleno/Stutzle - Zadina
XXX - Rasmussen - XXX

This should be the core.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
You draft the best player available period. If we're going at #4, they better grab Raymond.

i know... which is why i'd still draft Laf at #1.

I dont see the argument for taking Raymond (or any other winger) over Rossi or Drysdale at #4 overall. I consider them on pretty even footing and i value the center and dman MUCH more.

Ultimately ive spent <5hrs watching all of these kids so i dont know shit about the draft other than what i regurgitate from other people. I'll be happy with whoever yzerman is happy with.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
At least with him we would have two bets on center position, not 100% guys, but still good bets. Veleno and Stuzle. Either will pan out, and Rasmussen holds the future 3rd line.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Veleno/Stutzle - Zadina
XXX - Rasmussen - XXX

This should be the core.

Fabbri? AA?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1. Brian Lawton
2. Sylvain Turgeon
3. Pat LaFontaine
4. Steve Yzerman
5. Tom Barrasso
6. John MacLean
7. Russ Courtnall

I would that a "pyramid"-draft where #4 overall was the best player, 3 and 5 the next best, 2 and 6 the next best and 1 & 7 quite equal.

Really funny. :)

Yzerman is older than me. When he joined the wings I did know anything about the wings, was not a fan either.

But I have read the wings really wanted LaFontaine and fortunately he was picked before the wings picked so the wings had to settle for Yzerman.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
i know... which is why i'd still draft Laf at #1.

I dont see the argument for taking Raymond (or any other winger) over Rossi or Drysdale at #4 overall. I consider them on pretty even footing and i value the center and dman MUCH more.

Ultimately ive spent <5hrs watching all of these kids so i dont know **** about the draft other than what i regurgitate from other people. I'll be happy with whoever yzerman is happy with.

I recommend being super excited if Yzerman picks Raymond in any position not number 1 overall. You could say the same about several players, but Raymond might have the best hockey sense in the entire draft.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cole Perfetti has 95 pts in 52 games now... after 12 pts in 5 games at the Hlinka.

Kid is having a hell of a draft year. About the same size as Kucherov was in his draft year. Would love to know what the Wings think of Perfetti.

Reactions: lilidk and MBH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Cole Perfetti has 95 pts in 52 games now... after 12 pts in 5 games at the Hlinka.

Kid is having a hell of a draft year. About the same size as Kucherov was in his draft year. Would love to know what the Wings think of Perfetti.

He very well could be my guy. Does he project as a C?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He very well could be my guy. Does he project as a C?

Looks like he is back playing in the middle. His hockey sense is definitely good enough to play center, I’ll tell you that much.

He would need to improve his skating and defensive play a good amount to play there in the NHL though.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Looks like he is back playing in the middle. His hockey sense is definitely good enough to play center, I’ll tell you that much.

He would need to improve his skating and defensive play a good amount to play there in the NHL though.

I think it’s more so the skating than it is the defensive play. There aren’t many well rounded 200 foot forwards in the OHL (or CHL) at this point. I think of Veleno, who we all thought was a diligent 200 foot player, and this year we’ve had Horcoff on record talking about how Joe was an offensive minded player who needed to spend a lot of time in learning how to be a good defensive center.

I think it’s maturity to be honest, and it will come with time for a player who is as smart as he is. The sobering realization that most of the time you are going to be on the ice as a pro, you’re going to have to earn the offensive opportunities. You won’t be superior to your opponent or linemates as a player that you can coast your way to huge numbers like you can in juniors.

That being said, the skating is a real sticking point for him as a potential center. Of all the projected top 10 forwards, I think he is safely at the bottom of the list in terms of explosive skating ability.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think I might have to hop on this Perfetti bandwagon, f*** it. He might end up my #3 player. We’ll see.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think I might have to hop on this Perfetti bandwagon, **** it. He might end up my #3 player. We’ll see.

He looked light years ahead of Byfield at the Hlinka for sure. Hes a high risk high reward guy though, wouldnt be surprised if he was a bust or if he ended up the best player in the draft

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Like him a lot, but hope we don't end up #4. Anyway ,if I choose today it will be
Lafreniere
Stutzle
Byfield
Perfetti
A lot depends on the end of the season push from other kids

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Hi, I’m here to place my order. I’ll have a super star left wing, a 1C with high end playmaking ability, a side of top pair two way defenseman, and for desert can you toss in a franchise goaltender?

Thank You. Oh, if you can’t have these things ready by 21/22, no tip.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I would love for us to draft Bourque for his name alone.
He centered Lafreniere at the prospects game, so they already have...like...15 minutes of "chemistry".

Kidding but I'd be keeping an eye on whether or not Bourque slips from round 1. Jarvis is another one, and these guys would be right up there if they were 6'1".

Reactions: wingerdinger

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
If I'm SY I'm probably taking one of Shane Wright's linemates at some point. They're pretty decent players in their own right, but it'd be nice to have a familiar face to greet your franchise player in TC in the summer of 2022.

Reactions: Christien

Christien

May 1, 2010
If I'm SY I'm probably taking one of Shane Wright's linemates at some point. They're pretty decent players in their own right, but it'd be nice to have a familiar face to greet your franchise player in TC in the summer of 2022.
I hear Chromiak has adjusted to the league pretty well, wouldn't mind us taking him with one of our 2nd round picks

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I hear Chromiak has adjusted to the league pretty well, wouldn't mind us taking him with one of our 2nd round picks
I'd like him in the 3rd. Late 2nd would be ok. Wisdom is pretty solid and if we get him in the 4th or even later I'd be happy. He's a PPG player but I think he projects as a bottom 6 versatile guy, and I mean that in a way that acknowledges that soldiers are necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad