Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
If Ottawa gets two of the top four picks how likely are they to take Drysdale with one of them?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If Ottawa gets two of the top four picks how likely are they to take Drysdale with one of them?

Young D/prospect D is probably their organisations strongest aspect right now so I dont think they would reach for Drysdale just to get a dman, but if they think hes the best player I'm sure they would take him. They need centers bad though so I doubt they take him before fourth

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Young D/prospect D is probably their organisations strongest aspect right now so I dont think they would reach for Drysdale just to get a dman, but if they think hes the best player I'm sure they would take him. They need centers bad though so I doubt they take him before fourth

I wonder how much pressure there is in the market to take Rossi with him playing junior locally? I don't really keep up on that in terms of searching their board or anything. I haven't heard it from a couple of scouting friends or anything but with him playing right there in their backyard I will be curious to see if they pass on him 2-5. I mean I would because I am not as high on Rossi as some but that is an interesting factor probably for Ottawa especially with their picture down the middle. Tkachuk is a pretty good pair for him long-term to help some of his size and skating deficiencies in my opinion.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
We already know Button has no idea what he is talking about, but this is the icing on the cake.

Lapierre top 10? There is waaaaay too much risk due to his injuries. Quinn ranked 7th? Before Lundell and Holtz? Perfetti before Rossi I can see but Quinn before Rossi is ridiculous.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I’m surprised Button didn’t put Cole Caufield in here even though he was already drafted... His slurpfest is legendary lol

oh yeah Seider is next Carlo haha

Can’t stand the dude as you can see ha

Reactions: Killerjas

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I wonder how much pressure there is in the market to take Rossi with him playing junior locally? I don't really keep up on that in terms of searching their board or anything. I haven't heard it from a couple of scouting friends or anything but with him playing right there in their backyard I will be curious to see if they pass on him 2-5. I mean I would because I am not as high on Rossi as some but that is an interesting factor probably for Ottawa especially with their picture down the middle. Tkachuk is a pretty good pair for him long-term to help some of his size and skating deficiencies in my opinion.

I highly doubt thats the case at all. Ottawa drafts really well and will just take who they think is best. I also think the fan base gave up on putting pressure for 67s when they ended up with Ceci.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Sens fan coming in peace. I m curious if you land with the second pick, who you pick ?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I feel like this board is so preparing themselves to draft 3/4, and get one of those players, they are less excited than they should be about Lafreniere and Byfield.

Byfield is so many things this team needs, and is super young. Odd to me he is not the no-brainer answer to “who would you want at 2?”

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I feel like this board is so preparing themselves to draft 3/4, and get one of those players, they are less excited than they should be about Lafreniere and Byfield.

Byfield is so many things this team needs, and is super young. Odd to me he is not the no-brainer answer to “who would you want at 2?”
Stutzle! He is already proving himself against men, has the Seider connection, and will bring the entertainment factor we haven't had since Pavs left

Reactions: Ulysses31

AttilaTheFun

Nov 18, 2018

Byfield isn't as committed to defensive play as some of the other top prospects and he's often criticized for not being physically engaged. We know Yzerman is "pretty strict" about only drafting players with really high compete so I could see some room for him passing Byfield over at #2.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Byfield isn't as committed to defensive play as some of the other top prospects and he's often criticized for not being physically engaged. We know Yzerman is "pretty strict" about only drafting players with really high compete so I could see some room for him passing Byfield over at #2.

I’ve never heard either of those criticisms regarding Byfield.

AttilaTheFun

Nov 18, 2018
I’ve never heard either of those criticisms regarding Byfield.

I gotcha covered, my man:

Wheeler: "If I have one outstanding concern with Byfield’s game it’s his defensive play. There are little things like his faceoff ability (he’s 50 percent on draws this season, which normally translates to the mid-to-high 40s at the NHL level) and more pronounced things like his first couple of steps and the way they can contribute to him standing around instead of closing off on opposing players, as well as his tendency to misread plays."

Eddy Jones (the Hockey Writers): "If I had to pick an area for improvement, he could stand to be a bit more physical off the puck. The term “gentle giant” is a good fit. He uses his size well to protect the puck but tends to shy away from contact."

HFBoards poster livingod included some clips in his video review to illustrate concerns about his defensive play (you can see the video here).

They're the two most commonly raised concerns for Byfield once you start looking through a lot of scouting reports. If you watch him play yourself and come to different conclusions, that's another matter.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I lean toward Byfield, but, man... Stutzle is awesome. I think he's a really good fit for Detroit stylistically, too. They badly need a high end playmaker and high end puck possessor to complement all that north-south game they've got. And from the games I've seen it seems like Stutzle plays very well with north-south type linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad