2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He played a couple of years in college, and developed a lot there. One exception does not make the rule, either.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not exactly sure what you are saying, but the AJHL isn't considered to be as strong as the BCHL. I lived in both provinces and watched both leagues...and AJHL team would get beaten by a BCHL team, usually, and a WHL team would beat both pretty badly.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not exactly sure what you are saying, but the AJHL isn't considered to be as strong as the BCHL. I lived in both provinces and watched both leagues...and AJHL team would get beaten by a BCHL team, usually, and a WHL team would beat both pretty badly.

You said Makar was “the exception”. There needs to be a rule first before an exception to that rule can exist.

wfode09

Jan 16, 2017
Did a quick check. Only other name of note recently drafted straight from AJHL is Parayko.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
An NCAA team would destroy a WHL team. Somehow the WHL still seems to be able to have quality players on their teams

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don't see anything remotely special about that goal. Am I not seeing something here?
That’s as kinda supposed to be the point. The guy said it was gaborik-esque so i said it because I didn’t see it. The more I think about it, it doesn’t make sense over the internet

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018

This will be something to watch as the season unfolds. Lucas Raymond’s skill level is as high as they come. Entering the year, he was expected to challenge Lafrienere for 1OA. He’s having a tough transition to the pro hockey partly due to the SHL being a very good league, his team not utilizing him very well, and needing to add strength. Now that he might miss the WJC, his stock could fall even further. He is a player I would look at as potentially being a huuuuuge steal in this draft. His ceiling is so, so high, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t go in the top 10 with how other draft eligibles are performing.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
This draft is shaping up to be a little odd.

I think that there will definitely be more than one guy outside of the top 5 that was supposed to go top 5.

I'm not a draft fanatic but I keep up well enough. I predict this draft will be one of risers (and therefore fallers). Sure, you could say every draft is like this and I would agree with you. Yet, not all drafts top 10 changes dramatically throughout the year. It seems to me some drafts 8/10 top guys who were predicted to go top 10, do so.

This draft is shaping up to be strange due to risers, injuries, etc.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And Askarov is a wild card. Depending on how this year plays out, and who is picking, he could go as high as #3 oa. If we had the 3rd pick i wouldn't hate it if we picked him, but it would depend on a lot of factors.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And Askarov is a wild card. Depending on how this year plays out, and who is picking, he could go as high as #3 oa. If we had the 3rd pick i wouldn't hate it if we picked him, but it would depend on a lot of factors.

Jesus christ

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If we picked Askarov 3oa, I would lose my f***ing mind

Reactions: AKL

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
getting a top 10 pick in this draft won’t be like getting a top 10 pick in most years. For example, last year was a strong draft, but there are about 7 players in this draft that likely would’ve gone 3oa over Dach. Them being: Raymond, Stutzle, Rossi, Perfetti, Holtz, Drysdale, Lundell. I don’t think this draft has the depth of 2003, but it very well could have the best top 10 in recent memory, maybe slightly behind 2015 due to less high-high end skill.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Perfetti is a better prospect than Cozens, Dach, and Zegras? Drysdale better than Byram? I'm not buying it. There is Lafreniere and Byfield... Askarov is the only other player that is at their level. Clearly above everyone else. I am sure that one or two of the other players in the top 15 will end up being excellent, but that is always the case.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Perfetti is a better prospect than Cozens, Dach, and Zegras? Drysdale better than Byram? I'm not buying it. There is Lafreniere and Byfield... Askarov is the only other player that is at their level. Clearly above everyone else. I am sure that one or two of the other players in the top 15 will end up being excellent, but that is always the case.

Take a walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->