Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Even if he does and I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, Barzal is a next level elite NHL player. His skating is unmatched in regards to being smooth on the edges and he has one of the highest IQ's.
Barzal’s IQ isnt even higher than Nico or Jack’s

Thats exactly his problem as well. His vision (you mean) is top tier in this league but he holds the puck too long a lot and it creates turnovers - and hes not 18 like Jack

Barzal will either be formed into a monster by Trotz or run out of town

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Barzal’s IQ isnt even higher than Nico or Jack’s

Thats exactly his problem as well. His vision (you mean) is top tier in this league but he holds the puck too long a lot and it creates turnovers - and hes not 18 like Jack

Barzal will either be formed into a monster by Trotz or run out of town

Yes, I meant vision. Still a fantastic player, I'd trade a lot to acquire the kid. He is an absolute pleasure to watch skate circles around other teams. I never compared him to Jack but if Hughes can ever reach the heights of Barzals rookie season we have a good player.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New reel for Askarov :) kid is the real deal

Would you take him with the Canucks pick?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Yes, I meant vision. Still a fantastic player, I'd trade a lot to acquire the kid. He is an absolute pleasure to watch skate circles around other teams. I never compared him to Jack but if Hughes can ever reach the heights of Barzals rookie season we have a good player.
Dont forget Barzal had about 6 years of minor league play before he played for the Isle's while Jack had about 3 years before being thrown into the dumpster fire

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If we have three firsts and one isn't moved, I would seriously contemplate Askarov with the second pick. A top forward prospect, another defensive project, and Askarov would put us in great shape for the future. With Blackwood, there will be no need to rush Askarov, but the potential there is absolutely massive.

If this draft was loaded with defensive prospects, I would be hesitant. But this draft is all forwards. While we shouldn't pass up a top forward prospect, we don't necessarily need any more right now.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
If we have three firsts and one isn't moved, I would seriously contemplate Askarov with the second pick. A top forward prospect, another defensive project, and Askarov would put us in great shape for the future. With Blackwood, there will be no need to rush Askarov, but the potential there is absolutely massive.

If this draft was loaded with defensive prospects, I would be hesitant. But this draft is all forwards. While we shouldn't pass up a top forward prospect, we don't necessarily need any more right now.
We could most deffinantly use a Blue Chip forward prospect. If we lose Palms and Gusev therr will be a big gaping hole in our top 6 if players like Boqvist , Foote , Merkley etc dont pan out. Anyone we take with our 1st pick in the draft will have Star potential , that's something we lack in the system for forwards. We need defense more on the big club but we drafted plenty the last 2 years and acquired Bahl. We need a top line potential forward or d man.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We need a superstar prospect and the position for me is irrelevant. If we draft Drysdale, we got a superstar in the making on defence and if we draft any of the usual suspects in the top #8, we’ll have an superstar prospect up front.

If Askarov is still there at #17 and we didn’t move the pick (that’s if we get it in the first place), I wouldn’t mind taking a superstar prospect between the pipes.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We could most deffinantly use a Blue Chip forward prospect. If we lose Palms and Gusev therr will be a big gaping hole in our top 6 if players like Boqvist , Foote , Merkley etc dont pan out. Anyone we take with our 1st pick in the draft will have Star potential , that's something we lack in the system for forwards. We need defense more on the big club but we drafted plenty the last 2 years and acquired Bahl. We need a top line potential forward or d man.

I think we should definitely use one on a top forward prospect, most likely #6 would be the wise choice.

One of Palmieri or Gusev should stay. Hischier - Hughes - Zacha down the middle. Bratt already on the wings. Foote, Boqvist, and Kuokkanen have a legitimate chance at being top six players as well. If we add another high-end pick to that like Marco Rossi, I think that's more than enough and that's not even considering the next group of prospects like Anderson, Merkley, Thompson, Talvitie, Studenic, Zetterlund, Maltsev, and McLeod that could battle for more than a bottom-six spot.

Between all of those guys, that should be enough. The core forward group up front is still very, very young so they're not going anywhere for the next five-six years. There's enough elite talent there, enough complimentary skilled players, and more than enough role players.

I would be more than ok with picking an elite goaltending prospect in Askarov rather than add yet another forward prospect to a crowded and already talented group.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018

Sanderson gets more love as time goes on. I don’t know if that’s good, bad, or nothing.

Its probably due to lack of high end D men in the 1st round , especially the top 15 picks. I would take him with pick 10 but I would rather draft a forward there like Jarvis , Quinn , Gunler or Mercer. Sanderson in some other draft years IMO would be a late first or early 2nd round pick. I still wouldnt mind if take him at #10 jist depends on who is there.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I would honestly take both Drysdale and Sanderson if our pick(s) allow and I wouldn't look back

that would set the D up nicely for the future with those 2 guys and Smith and Bahl

100% the same here. There's a lot of good arguments to be made for drafting a high skilled forward (And I won't be mad if we do), but good young defensemen just are never available, and cost a lot more than a 1st round pick to get when they are.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I would honestly take both Drysdale and Sanderson if our pick(s) allow and I wouldn't look back

that would set the D up nicely for the future with those 2 guys and Smith and Bahl

Couldn’t agree more!

Sanderson is really getting undervalued here, simply because he’s not like Makar, Hughes or Drysdale.

Having a Suter or McDonagh is just as useful but won’t bring that flash you get from offensive minded guys that’ll put up 60+ points.

Having Drysdale and Sanderson with both of our first two picks would be absolutely awesome!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Couldn’t agree more!

Sanderson is really getting undervalued here, simply because he’s not like Makar, Hughes or Drysdale.

Having a Suter or McDonagh is just as useful but won’t bring that flash you get from offensive minded guys that’ll put up 60+ points.

Having Drysdale and Sanderson with both of our first two picks would be absolutely awesome!
I'd argue that having a Suter or McDonagh is more important. I'd love a guy like Makar but you NEED the other type of guys at some point.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'd argue that having a Suter or McDonagh is more important. I'd love a guy like Makar but you NEED the other type of guys at some point.

It’s true. Cup winning teams always have a couple of guys who are just all situation work horses that the other team has a difficult time playing against. Larry Robinson. Denis Potvin. Stevens. Parayko, Chara. Lovejoy.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It’s true. Cup winning teams always have a couple of guys who are just all situation work horses that the other team has a difficult time playing against. Larry Robinson. Denis Potvin. Stevens. Parayko, Chara. Lovejoy.
This is gross. None of the other guys are known for chipping in the hatties.

Reactions: My3Sons

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Id guess we go Drysdale or Sanderson no matter where we pick in the top-9 (if theyre available). If not then best forward

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Come on...

Ever heard of the saying... “one of these things is not like the other”? Parayko clearly still has some growing to do.

Reactions: Billdo and My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hard pass on Askarov unless it's Vancouvers pick and it's 20+ and even then I still don't really want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad