Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
I believe were at the point of drafting past need (unless we win lottery or the best dman available is at 6) because whoever we pick outside our first selection wont be joining the team for quite a while

By that time our needs will have changed and these guys will be crucial since theyll be our only ELC talents by the time our best talents are hitting primes (Nico Jack Ty Bratt etc.)

Just dont take a goalie lol

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I think Stutzle could drop to us. I don’t think Anaheim or LA would pick him if he drops past Ottawa.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Random question... why does the prospect thread get locked at 40 pages? The Chicago prospect thread is currently at page 54

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Random question... why does the prospect thread get locked at 40 pages? The Chicago prospect thread is currently at page 54

They also, like many other teams' boards, have so many random threads just for the sake of it. It's complete anarchy on other boards :rolleyes:

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I think Stutzle could drop to us. I don’t think Anaheim or LA would pick him if he drops past Ottawa.
I'd be surprised if he does. I could see Anaheim going for D but I suppose if a couple of teams really like certain prospects there is the change it could happen.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida

Would love that. There is a clear top 6 in my mind: Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Drysdale and Raymond.

We would need someone in the top 5 to fancy Raymond or long shot fancy Sanderson. Of the top 6 Raymond excites me the least and I’m not sure I’d want him over Holtz.

Granted I must be missing something because everyone seems to love Raymond and what he could be.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I'd be surprised if he does. I could see Anaheim going for D but I suppose if a couple of teams really like certain prospects there is the change it could happen.
Anaheim tends to shy away from players that are not North American. Yes there are some exceptions like Rakell and lindholm but they have not drafted Russians in maybe over a decade so maybe they would pass on the German.

I could see Ottawa picking Byfield and Raymond Anaheim picking Perfetti and LA picking drysdale

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It's not random, the HF limit for threads has almost always been 1000 posts because of software concerns, with hot topic exceptions.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Can he realistically fall to us?

I think he goes beforehand, but i'll be honest, any of the the 3-8 guys could go in any which order and I wouldn't be surprised (and hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if someone took Sanderson before Drysdale).

I feel like there's a lot of talk about how Ottawa loves Swedes in general though lol.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i feel like stutzle is gonna go 3rd honestly. but man, having a german buddy for nico would be awesome

edit: though rossi also speaks german and knows nico already..... :P nico might put in a good word for him

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico Hischier

Dr Aidonis Bison

May 18, 2020
Sydney
Hi guys, I'm a long time stalker of the boards (15-20 years). Decided to bite the bullet and sign up..

What are your thoughts on possibly trading picks 10 & 17 to move up to number 4, or 5? This way, we'd guarantee getting 2 top players like Stutzle/Drysdale/Raymond/Rossi.

The trade could be something like picks 10 & 17 for LA's/Anaheim's 1st and 2nd round pick. Do you think LA, or Anaheim would even do this? Do you think Buffalo would do it (provided the right player was still available at 7)?

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Hi guys, I'm a long time stalker of the boards (15-20 years). Decided to bite the bullet and sign up..

What are your thoughts on possibly trading picks 10 & 17 to move up to number 4, or 5? This way, we'd guarantee getting 2 top players like Stutzle/Drysdale/Raymond/Rossi.

The trade could be something like picks 10 & 17 for LA's/Anaheim's 1st and 2nd round pick. Do you think LA, or Anaheim would even do this? Do you think Buffalo would do it (provided the right player was still available at 7)?
I don't think LA or Anaheim would add a 2nd. Also think that is an overpay to move up 3 spots to Buffalo.

I'd personally just draft at all three spots since it is a deep draft.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Generally speaking, I like trades like this, but not in this situation. I have 8 guys that I love, and then a few others I like as fall back options just below (lundell, for example). I don't love Sanderson, but he makes sense at 10 too, so that's another guy.

I just think there is a decent chance that one of those 8 falls at 10, and I don't view the security of getting into the top 8 to secure one as worth Vancouver's pick, which has a lot of power in it's own right if players can be traded during the draft.

Reactions: Dr Aidonis Bison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad