Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Say they do 24 team playoff. Your the 24th ranked team and you win the cup somehow. Do you still consider it a legit win?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
100%.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't tbh

It would feel weird imo. The 24th team would be Montreal and they were 10+ points out of a playoff spot by the time the season was paused. Now of course they could have turned it around, but it was unlikely that they would have made it with such few games left.

Now i guess if they won the cup, they would have earned it. But there will always be that argument that if it was a full season, the Habs wouldn't have had a chance to win the cup cause they wouldn't have made the playoffs to begin with.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I hope a team gets trigger happy and will move a 2nd round pick for us to drop a few spots with our Vancouver pick. Maybe jumping from somewhere like 17 to say 22 the latest. This is dependant on who falls in the draft of course and how our scouts rankings look. Would like to grab another goalie or a boom or bust pick in the 2nd round. I'm all for staying put at 6 10 and 17 if that is how it ends up. Wouldnt hurt to grab another goalie of we dont take Askarov.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel for Anton Lundell :) enjoy guys

Let me know what you think! Lundell is one of my fav's from this draft but his most valuable plays fly under the radar.

Reactions: My3Sons

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
New hype reel for Anton Lundell :) enjoy guys

Let me know what you think! Lundell is one of my fav's from this draft but his most valuable plays fly under the radar.

I found out I am 11% finnish today, which is the only top tier IIHF country in my heritage above 1% (USA not included obvi)

GIVE ME ALL THE FINNS

Reactions: Ja Sports

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
The more I see of Lundell the more I’m hoping he is there at our Arizona pick. I think Rossi/Drysdale would be gone at our pick at #6. Holtz seems like a natural fit, RW sniper which we need. Raymond looks like more of a play maker and passer.

Would Holtz at 6 and Lundell at 10 and best available D at #17 be a disappointment?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
100%.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't tbh

guess if the season continued and the habs did make it would they really have gotten by the bolts or bruins leafs or caps? Now everyone is starting at zero and there is no real advantage of being the 1 seed no home ice either.

I’d say teams playing the “play in” games would have a huge advantage since they are getting game time while others are still standing still

I realize I put this in the wrong thread

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
The more I see of Lundell the more I’m hoping he is there at our Arizona pick. I think Rossi/Drysdale would be gone at our pick at #6. Holtz seems like a natural fit, RW sniper which we need. Raymond looks like more of a play maker and passer.

Would Holtz at 6 and Lundell at 10 and best available D at #17 be a disappointment?
To me it would.

I think there is a top 6 that excludes Hotlz. I'd prefer Raymond over both Rossi and Drysdale so if he is there, we should take him IMO. If not, one of Rossi and Drysdale should be there.

Lundell doesn't seem to have the offensive potential of a typical top 10 pick and is safer. I'd prefer to go for someone who has higher end talent.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

I would be pretty disappointed if that’s how it went down but I would still support our picks.

I think Raymond is more talented than Holtz. I don’t think Lundell has a high ceiling and would be treated like Zacha... decent nhl player but more talented players drafted after.

I would like Rossi or drysdale at 6 and Raymond as a third option. We are basically guaranteed to get one of those guys if the top six looks like
Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, drysdale, Rossi, Raymond

Reactions: Taylors lost step

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Keep Cory and re-sign Louis.

Bring back Nas and try to get Hynes back too!:sarcasm:

bleed, Cory was outstanding once he got his feet under him again. Sometimes we go through things in life. Cory has a family now, and had a minor tweak with groin. He had to work them out. He proved himself at the world championships with a better team and defense in front of him.

Once back with the Devils after
Going back to the minors, he was back to elite Cory. He should be able to compete for the starter role and may be in line for a contract extension. May be able to play into his late 40s now that he’s healthy again.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
To me it would.

I think there is a top 6 that excludes Hotlz. I'd prefer Raymond over both Rossi and Drysdale so if he is there, we should take him IMO. If not, one of Rossi and Drysdale should be there.

Lundell doesn't seem to have the offensive potential of a typical top 10 pick and is safer. I'd prefer to go for someone who has higher end talent.

If Drysdale and Rossi are both there at #6 and we decide to take Raymond, I’ll be very disappointed.

And as for Lundell at #10, like you said, it wouldn’t be a bad pick but the way I see it, you can’t go with safe when you’re picking in the 1st round, let alone the top #10. We have a golden opportunity to hit two home runs with picks #6 and #10, so let’s not f*** this up, please.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If Drysdale and Rossi are both there at #6 and we decide to take Raymond, I’ll be very disappointed.

And as for Lundell at #10, like you said, it wouldn’t be a bad pick but the way I see it, you can’t go with safe when you’re picking in the 1st round, let alone the top #10. We have a golden opportunity to hit two home runs with picks #6 and #10, so let’s not f*** this up, please.

I'd personally rather take Askarov at 10 than Lundell. Rossi/Drysdale at 6 is perfect, though. We have a cupboard full of good prospects without star potential. Use this draft to swing for the fences.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

I'd prefer Raymond over both. He reminds me of Barzal.

Kid has a ton of skill and I think he'd be a great winger for Nico or Hughes.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I'd personally rather take Askarov at 10 than Lundell. Rossi/Drysdale at 6 is perfect, though. We have a cupboard full of good prospects without star potential. Use this draft to swing for the fences.

Yeah we need high end talent on offense and defense. The depth is better definitely, but we need more high end guys to put next to Hughes and Nico. We really have a chance to get that this year.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I'd prefer Raymond over both. He reminds me of Barzal.

Kid has a ton of skill and I think he'd be a great winger for Nico or Hughes.

A player like Barzal wouldn’t be a bad thing but I’d prefer a more aggressive Mitch Marner, which in this case would be Marco Rossi.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Holtz would address a big need for a goal scorer with some size. If you are drafting BPA and you feel Raymond Rossi or Perfetti are there and age potential to be an offensive dynamo over Holtz with their playmaking than you take them I suppose.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Holtz would address a big need for a goal scorer with some size. If you are drafting BPA and you feel Raymond Rossi or Perfetti are there and age potential to be an offensive dynamo over Holtz with their playmaking than you take them I suppose.

Ive seen some pundits talking about Rossi or Raymond as being in the same tier with Stutzle. I haven’t seen anyone discuss Holtz as quite that level of prospect. I agree with you he’d fit the bill stylistically. I think wi Th a pick that high you should go BPA but presumably the entire staff is doing a lot of home work on this class between three first round picks and having nothing else to do.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
NHLdraft 2020, has the Sens taking Sanderson at 2 and with our 17th pick the Devils take Helge Grans, Swedish defensemen.

At 6, it’s Stutzle and Holtz at 10.
You think Holtz makes it to 10? Not saying Sanderson does but that opens things up a bit.
If we assume:
1 Laf
2-3 Sanderson/Byfield
4-10Stutlze/Drysdale/Rossi/Holtz/Perfetti/Raymond/Lundell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad