Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
So... Stutzle, Sanderson and someone else with our three 1sts?

or trade one from immediate help.

OR TRADE THEM ALL FOR LAFFY

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Lots of flexibility now. The Devils have three shots at coming away with a longterm top6 forward or Top4 defenseman either by draft OR trade. I’d have to assume they’ll shop at least one of the picks; if they pick up another (or 2?) they’ll obviously be in the driver’s seat and I’d expect multiple deals.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
So... Stutzle, Sanderson and someone else with our three 1sts?

or trade one from immediate help.

OR TRADE THEM ALL FOR LAFFY

Stutzle (if we don’t win Lafreniere), Quinn, and trade as part of a package for a young defender.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm all in on Drysdale. I'll be disappointed if we don't walk away with him.

we have to be in position to even get him. We can easily end up too high or too low.

I can’t get hung up on one prospect in the top 6 with so much uncertainty where we pick. We could easily end up with Laffy or Byfield, or end up 5 or 6 and Drysdale is gone.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Lots of flexibility now. The Devils have three shots at coming away with a longterm top6 forward or Top4 defenseman either by draft OR trade. I’d have to assume they’ll shop at least one of the picks; if they pick up another (or 2?) they’ll obviously be in the driver’s seat and I’d expect multiple deals.

I've been waiting for this supposed "trade for a dman" for over 10 years or w/e it was. It's not that simple.

Reactions: Darkauron

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Unless the devils use the picks to move up in the draft they are going to be drafting all of them. I don’t see them trading for nhl talent with them mainly what nhl talent are they going to be getting for a 1st round pick in the 20 range? Rather just draft the kid and fit in line with the young core they are trying to build.

this would be a great year to have a barzal type fall from someone

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Unless the devils use the picks to move up in the draft they are going to be drafting all of them. I don’t see them trading for nhl talent with them mainly what nhl talent are they going to be getting for a 1st round pick in the 20 range? Rather just draft the kid and fit in line with the young core they are trying to build.

If they got 4 1st rounders...and somehow an offer came through for a solid, young d-man for 3 of the other 1st rounders + maybe additionals...I'd do it.

On a side note...I'm gunna have to start looking at the bottom half of the 1st round now...suddenly got more attractive there :D

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I've been waiting for this supposed "trade for a dman" for over 10 years or w/e it was. It's not that simple.

When was the last time the team had disposable 1st round picks? Of course it’s not that easy but they have the ammo to make a deal if the opportunity is there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

If they feel like they can make a trade for a young Dman with one of these picks I expect it happens.

Those guys are not usually available though, so it is possible we end up just drafting. Boston did that in 2015. Didn’t kill their long term success.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I'll be attending , since the draft is 4 blocks away... Thanks Fitz for the early birthday gift!

Can't wait for the draft!

Reactions: My3Sons

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
When was the last time the team had disposable 1st round picks? Of course it’s not that easy but they have the ammo to make a deal if the opportunity is there.

I just don't think it makes sense for a team to trade their valuable d prospects/players for draft picks. I'm talking guys like Werenski or maybe Sergachev. That's the kind of young d-men we need but they're never going to be available for just draft picks imo. Most likely, they will ship out their older, expensive players first.

There are definitely options (Samberg, Bean, just a few off top my head), I'm just not sure there is a fit. I don't follow other teams at all.

Thinking about it though....there are quite a lot of d prospects i'd do back flips for if they managed to land them.

Reactions: Guttersniped

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
What's the deal with karlsson? Is he just injury-prone now? The Sharks don't have a 1st round pick atm and they're in a decline atm (I think)...or maybe get Merkley? No idea how his defensive game has come along.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
The smartest thing to do would be to use all the picks and hopefully we hit on some. We are multiple pieces away from being a contender anyways.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
The smartest thing to do would be to use all the picks and hopefully we hit on some. We are multiple pieces away from being a contender anyways.

The issue with this is...the d class is very weak and that's really what they need. Ofc, if there are no trades available, then you just have to deal with what you're given.

Reactions: MichaelJ

beekay414

#FireLindy
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
The issue with this is...the d class is very weak and that's really what they need. Ofc, if there are no trades available, then you just have to deal with what you're given.
I wouldn't say it's "weak," it's just not top heavy. There are still some very, very good d prospects in this class, just no sure fire home runs after Drysdale is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->