NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XIII [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Interesting but we have seen a few rankings now that place Stutzle outside the top 3. This guy has:

1. LAF
2. BYF
3. RAY
4. PERF
5. STU

He was pretty high on Raymond as most are so I think if we go with Stutzle at 3, that there is no way Detroit passes on Raymond.

Stat watchers make the worst scouts.

Reactions: aragorn and bert

R2010

May 23, 2011
Goalie is irrelevant for me. Anton Khudobin is leading the Stars to the Cup right now. On the way to the Cup he beat a goalie that has been tossed around the league and acquired by Vegas for peanuts.
Not irrelevant just not valued correctly. Teams are terrible at judging talent. Khudobin has been the best backup in the NHL for a while so it's not shocking that can put some good starts together. I mean in like 240 career games he has a 0.919 save %.

Players with a career 0.919 save % putting up 0.923% in a playoff run is not even remotely shocking. GMs just are bad at judging goalie talent. Numerous teams should've been all over him when he became available.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Not irrelevant just not valued correctly. Teams are terrible at judging talent. Khudobin has been the best backup in the NHL for a while so it's not shocking that can put some good starts together. I mean in like 240 career games he has a 0.919 save %.

Players with a career 0.919 save % putting up 0.923% in a playoff run is not even remotely shocking. GMs just are bad at judging goalie talent. Numerous teams should've been all over him when he became available.

0.919 is easily starter numbers

Reactions: R2010

R2010

May 23, 2011
Dahlin, Svechnikov, Hughes were clearly on another level talent wise than the other guys.

Imagine thinking there was a clear top three with Hughes in it at the same time that NHL scouts had him rated around 8th and consensus had him as the 3rd-4th best dman in the draft at the time...

Kotkaniemi surges into top five of TSN Draft Ranking - TSN.ca

Also Detroit wasn't taking Hughes if Zadina didn't fall to them either. Really clearly another level talent wise right...

'That was a home run': The inside story of how Quinn Hughes fell to the Canucks at seventh overall in 2018

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Because I said Brady was the wrong pick? I still stand by it.

There was a clear top 3 that draft.

Dahlin, Svechnikov, Hughes were clearly on another level talent wise than the other guys.

I do not see how the Senators picking Tkachuk at #4 is relevant to how "clear" the top 3 prospects were? Unless you are suggesting that Q. Hughes was, at the time, a consensus top 3-5 pick?

If that were the case, why was he passed on by 4 teams before being selected? And what is your source for declaring him a top 3 ranked player at the time?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Imagine thinking there was a clear top three with Hughes in it at the same time that NHL scouts had him rated around 8th and consensus had him as the 3rd-4th best dman in the draft at the time...

Kotkaniemi surges into top five of TSN Draft Ranking - TSN.ca

Also Detroit wasn't taking Hughes if Zadina didn't fall to them either. Really clearly another level talent wise right...

'That was a home run': The inside story of how Quinn Hughes fell to the Canucks at seventh overall in 2018

Well what about now? Wouldn't you say that with what Hughes has shown he can do, it puts him in the top tier of the draft so far?

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Apparently Tychonic (sic) is one of those.

i remember saying some dumb stuff about that lol. honestly i was annoyed we had taken a safe pick again, but obviously Brady isn't a regular kind of safe pick.

though i was genuinely high on tychonick. hopefully he can turn it around

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad