NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Askarov would be a waste of assets IMO. There must be some analytics tool showing that the best goalie over a 3 year period is worth very few wins vs the league average starter.

Askarov would be a risky top 15 pick because he is a Goaltender and a Russian. I might be tempted to take him with the NYI pick if he was still available.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If we get 1 and 5. I’ll gladly draft Rossi if I know Lafreniere would be his winger.

I'd most def be OK with that too. I'd also be fine with Laf and Raymond. Put Logan Brown between them and his lack of effort is more than made up for.

Laf - Brown - Raymond
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson

That's a hell of a top 6 in 2 or 3 years.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I'd most def be OK with that too. I'd also be fine with Laf and Raymond. Put Logan Brown between them and his lack of effort is more than made up for.

Laf - Brown - Raymond
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson

That's a hell of a top 6 in 2 or 3 years.
Formenton - White - Duclair
Hawryluk - Pinto - Brown
Askarov in net, bring the cup baby bring the cup

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
the QMJHL targetting a october 1 return date. The NHL appears to be targetting a July 31 return (training camps not opening til 11th, 3 weeks I think?).

To me this means they would end in extremely late september or early october. There could still be games played from these prospects before the draft...

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Never really show mock drafts I do because it's just for fun for myself. But I did a 3 round draft with no trades and this is how it fell. Tell me I am completely wrong on everything!!! :sarcasm:

Ottawa Senators
(1) Alexis Lafreniere, LW (I had no other choice... I hope he's good...I'm sorry!)
(4) Marco Rossi, C (Picked Rossi over Drysdale because I've been watching him ever since he came to the 67's. From the first game I saw him I thought this kid will be HUGE in the NHL. I get these feelings with players and my gut is generally never (I kid) right. I always thought he would be a top 5 pick. He just has heart!)
(18) Dawson Mercer, RW (Who doesn't want a tough playing goal scoring winger who gives his all?)
(33) Lukas Reichel, LW/C (Just have a really good feeling he will develop nicely with the Sens. Very smart player too! Do we need that?)
(49) Ryan O'Rourke, LD (Moooore Left handed Dman you say? Why not!)
(50) Drew Commesso, G (Depth, depth, depth!!! Did I say Depth? Don't be mad!)
(53) Jaromir Pytlik, C (Some big center has to work out eventually. Come on Brown!!!)
(64) Alexander Nikishin, LD (Sens need a Booooom kind of stay at home dman. Little bit of a gamble with the IQ. But hard to pass up!)
(79) Brock Faber, RD (Just a solid safe pick or not I don't knowww. Magic beans anyone?)

Used the Draft Prospects Hockey’s NHL Draft Sim w/ lottery. I think I've gone crazy :nod:

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I really really hope we dont rush any of the top picks we don't want to be like the Sabers. That said besides Laf do you see any of the 2020 prospects as being NHL ready?

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I’m worried about Perfetti not having the highest compete level and he has not shown any defensive acumen. Neither of those are uncommon at that age but I wonder how much his production would drop if he played as responsibly as Rossi.

im worried that even in juniors he looks like one of the smaller and slower players on the ice.

if he had skating like a marner i'd be completely sold.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The Dallas Stars let their rights to Curtis Douglas expire so he is eligible to re-enter the draft. He plays center and is listed at 6'8 and 249 lbs. In 62 games he scored 30 goal and 30 assists for 60 points.
Curtis Douglas at eliteprospects.com
He might be worth a pick in the later rounds.

Someone may take a late round flyer, but his skating is atrocious. when you skate as bad as he does, it’s very unlikely he’ll play in a higher league than the AHL.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I really really hope we dont rush any of the top picks we don't want to be like the Sabers. That said besides Laf do you see any of the 2020 prospects as being NHL ready?
Good chance Rossi plays in the NHL next year, same with Stutzle... he’s already played in a men’s league so the transition shouldn’t be as bad as a player coming from the OHL. Byfield with the right team will play in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->