Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by DJB, May 26, 2020.
McCagg knows that if he throws out wild rankings that he'll get a few right here and there and he can use those as proof of his scouting ability, ignoring all the wild rankings that went badly of course.
I was subscribed to Recrutes in 2018, largely because of how cheap it was, and I remember his rankings that year being all over the place. The guy would bump guys up his list by absurd amounts due to single game performances. Was a big red flag for me.
really excited to hear about the draft, kinda the same feeling you get when the sens are about to trade a star player.
I believe that people not caring about fair is exactly the point I was making.
It certainly wasn't fair that Matt Cooke sliced Karlsson's Achilles and played it off as some sort of accident.
But that was something that Karlsson and the team had to deal with.
I want other teams to have to deal with us.
He tweeted his top 10
...and a press release at like 4:30 ET. This is to confirm the 24-team playoff
MAYBE the lottery too.
I wouldn’t expect them to announce anything regarding the lottery today tbh.
Edit: I stand corrected.
Here we go! Grab a hold of your butts!
Three more hours boys.
It's been an honour posting with you.
That was from March. As we know, lists are pretty fluid and there is a lot movement before the lists are finalized.
f*** me. If it is normally lottery odds Ottawa got screwed again.
"So we are going to put every prospects name in a hat" - Gary Bettman on the 2020 draft format.
(Four week message board debates about whether a using a cowboy hat instead of a fedora would be unfair to the St.Louis Blues)
btw on vancouver radio bob mckenzie was spitballing about only having the top pick up for grabs not the top 4. he said it was the logical idea. there has been discussion on the odds apparently.
Not a religious Man but will be praying over the next 3 hours. Come on Hockey Gods, give us Sens fans some great news.
1-7 lottery only
Playoff teams can only move up 4 spots
Only 1 draw
Montreal has been withdrawn from the playoff, lottery and league.
Anyone of those scenarios and I'm helicopter dicking around my Condo.
bob Mckenzie said there is an possibility of only 1 draw, he's actually in favour of the idea
will try to find the link, but we'll find out real soon anyways.
the reason for having a june lottery is to create buzz for the 7 teams who aren't going to play again until next year most likely. i doubt the nhl will want to screw with them too much by having 3 top picks up for grabs.
I’ve already made up my mind on Raymond and Holtz as Senators. The league gonna make sure we screwed.
I also agree that Byfield hockey sense makes me really worried about him achieving his potential.
Even a one draw would be better than nothing. Obviously a 1 draw or only move up X spots would be the best, but given the odds involved I'd be happy with the best odds of #1. Who knows, maybe we win?
The other thing is the play-in really helps us with NYI's pick. As long as they don't win the lottery, it could end up 4-5 spots higher than normal if they lose. Better than a kick in the nuts.
I'll take it if it happens.
the talk about getting screwed is funny, the stop in play couldn't have come at a better time. I doubt we finish with 2 picks in the bottom 3 after a normal 82 game season.
Selfishly, this is better for the Senators, but it would still be a farce that certain teams who should be nowhere near the #1 pick could win it as a result of losing a "play in round".
If there is only 1 spot for grabs, and the odds at the top of the draft lottery are not altered, because we don't move back if Detroit wins the lottery, it means we'd have a 43.5 percent chance of having two picks in the top 3 (1+3 or 2+3), and a 56.5 percent chance of having picks 3+4.
It would be a better situation for Ottawa than a 7 team lottery with 3 spots up for grabs. The only positive to 3 spots being up for grab is that the upside is better for Ottawa since we could get 1 and 2 under that format, where as the best we can do under a one lottery pick format would be 1 and 3.
I don't think we'd be getting "screwed", but the current lottery system is completely flawed, and I find it annoying the same bubble teams that voted for a 24-team playoffs are probably the same ones that took the biggest issue with not having a shot at #1 overall.
If screwed is getting Raymond, Holtz and potentially another top 15 pick if the Isles lose their play-in series, I hope we get screwed more often.
Honestly the only situation in which we would have been screwed over is one in which our chances of winning a top 3 pick were lowered from what they were before the virus (eg. 31 teams included in the lottery or some other such nonsense).
We've actually made out like bandits. Play stopped right after we got picks 2+3 (getting us picks 5-6 at worst) and now the play-in series could get us another pick in the 8-15 range.
Separate names with a comma.