NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
The reason McCagg had Kotkaniemi at 3, Thomson at 13 and now has Sanderson at 3 is because he's a huge Habs homer and they were big on the first two guys and are probably very high on Sanderson (they need a stud LD badly).

Don't take him seriously. Edwards and his scouting service on the other hand are generally great and them ranking Sanderson high says a lot.

If the Sens somehow pick 4 at highest, I wish teams ahead of them follows McCagg's suit and pick up Sanderson so that Byfield drops to us!

Either Sandy is getting a bit overrated or Byfield somewhat underrated.

Do you have McCagg's 2018 draft preview? Curious to see where he had Tkachuk listed, or his viewpoint on the player. Some of the HF posters here made it feel like they were talking about a 3rd liner when they were describing Tkachuk prior to the draft :shakehead:.

I agree with McCagg is closely connected to the Habs and that may represent the majority of his contacts. He was the head scout at Mckeens for while. And he has had some interesting takes...I remember when he came on Ottawa radio and was totally bullish on Karlsson in 2008:

"I think he's the steal of the draft to be honest with you if he's not taken in the top 10," said Grant McCagg, publisher of the McKeen's Hockey Draft Guide. "Only Doughty would compare as far as offensive puck skills go and he's probably better because he's a better skater.

At the time....that was a wild take..I am sure people easily dismissed as absurd.

I am pretty much investing in all draft related content this year, since it is a big year.

To answer @armani, I did not subscribe to the 2018 Draft guide and I can't remember his thoughts on Tkachuk. He did have Zadina going to Ottawa in his 2018 mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad