Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 1st Overall Pick, Alexis Lafreniere, LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
Rangers are hosting a chalk talk with "Laffy" and "Schneids" on zoom and Laffy said he chose 13 because his favorite 2 numbers are retired but he liked Datsyuk growing up.
It doesn’t get talked about as much as his other skills, but Laffy is a pretty good pick pocket. Makes sense when you hear he liked Datsyuk who is the master.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It doesn’t get talked about as much as his other skills, but Laffy is a pretty good pick pocket. Makes sense when you hear he liked Datsyuk who is the master.
Watched the entire final game of the wjc vs Russia last night and good point that is a very underrated part of his game. He does it similar to a puck hound but also with high iq like Panarin in anticipating what the opposing player is gonna do

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m in Laf’s 4th year in my franchise on NHL 21. His first year he had 58 in 82, followed by 71 in 82, followed by 83 in 82 and finally 86 in 71. The Rangers have won 2 cups, Laf and Panarin each have a Smythe, no other hardware for Laf besides the Calder. Actually no hardware for any Rangers, except Schneider won the Calder (with only 28 points) in 22-23.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No reason for him to go and risk injury. Let him continue to train/skate/etc. with the NHLers, especially since it'll be so close to when NHL camps/season will likely begin.

WJC games aren't "real competitive games" with any impact for him at this point.

Reactions: McSauer and bl02

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No reason for him to go and risk injury. Let him continue to train/skate/etc. with the NHLers, especially since it'll be so close to when NHL camps/season will likely begin.

WJC games aren't "real competitive games" with any impact for him at this point.

Players can get injured in practice as well. They can break their ankle walking the dog. Risk of injury is, for me at least, never a concern to keep players out of a tournament

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Players can get injured in practice as well. They can break their ankle walking the dog. Risk of injury is, for me at least, never a concern to keep players out of a tournament
Yep. And once injury becomes a worry the likelihood of it happening seems to grow. It’s just better to go forth and let the player play. Of course, if it’s a trade deadline thing, it’s understandable when a team sits a player but in general, yep, injury shouldn’t be front-of-mind.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Two things about that Chalk Talk thing:

1) Lafreniere said his two favorite numbers were taken. What's the second? #3? I assume one is #11.

2) The This or That segment was cringeworthy AF. You can tell Schneider and Laf were getting annoyed. It ran on way too long.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

BlueBlood94

Oct 11, 2011
Laffy I think Rangers will send to WJC when they find out how delayed start is. Gretzky should convince his peeps to use him at C. The Rangers haven’t blinked on Strome nor will they. They don’t need to pay him his arbitration number teams don’t have that kind of money laying around at this point. He should have taken offer, I could see him being left without a dance partner.

Last season I was trashed for supporting Strome. Still I stuck by him throughout. I thought he was good with the Islanders and would thrive as our 2c. He wants New York and our 2c was his biggest opportunity. He wasn’t extraordinary but a tic above serviceable. Thats all he needed to be on line with breadman. Teams are not stupid they know he wont put up nearly those stats not on line with Panarin.

The Rangers should consider trying to entice Mikael Granlund to sign a 1 year team friendly deal. I think Strome shot himself in the foot. I’d be shocked if he signed a deal anywhere near his arbitration number. After his arbitration number comes back and he sees nobody is going to give him 4.5 to 5 million dollars maybe he wakes up. That is when the Rangers should start shopping the same 1 year prove it deal to him and Granlund. Start at 3 mil and get to a number one settles for on show me deal. They both want long term deals and matching there most productive seasons will help. It will show in Stromes case it wasn’t a fluke. In Granlunds case it will show his best days are not behind him. It will keep the Rangers from capping out in case they need deadline move.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Two things about that Chalk Talk thing:

1) Lafreniere said his two favorite numbers were taken. What's the second? #3? I assume one is #11.

2) The This or That segment was cringeworthy AF. You can tell Schneider and Laf were getting annoyed. It ran on way too long.

Others have said 9. I’ve also seen him wear 12, which Gauthier is wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->