GDT: 2020 NHL All-Star Game | 8PM ET | January 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
this. Lots of parity in the Pacific.

Eh personally I think the entire west stinks sans St Louis. I mean wouldn’t head to head records settle this? I believe every Eastern Conference team but 2-3 have a winning record vs the West. Maybe the Pacific is the most competitive in that not much separates the teams but clearly both divisions in the EC are stronger then the Pacific.

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
I hate this all-star game format. I also had no interest in watching the women play in the middle of the skills competition.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Wait are people actually the Pacific division isn't terrible because they won an allstar game? :laugh: Guys it was a game with no checking and no one even bothered skating hard in.
The Pacific is terrible plain and simple, don't give me the parity bull****, look at the Central vs Pacific record. It's a joke. Almost every team in the Central has a winning record against the Pacific and almost every Pacific team has a losing record against the Central.

2019-20 NHL Vs. Division Standings | ESPN

Reactions: Sam Spade

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Has to be the worst game of them all. They have to rethink the format again.

For one thing put color on these jerseys, they look so bland, they looked like a bunch of ghosts on TV. I miss the old orange and black ones. Create three teams, do a little week-long tournament and make it 5 on 5.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Wait are people actually the Pacific division isn't terrible because they won an allstar game? :laugh: Guys it was a game with no checking and no one even bothered skating hard in.
The Pacific is terrible plain and simple, don't give me the parity bull****, look at the Central vs Pacific record. It's a joke. Almost every team in the Central has a winning record against the Pacific and almost every Pacific team has a losing record against the Central.

2019-20 NHL Vs. Division Standings | ESPN
Just take the loss with grace my man... Youll get em next year. Not every division can 3 peat the all star game

Reactions: rotiman187

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020

For one thing put color on these jerseys, they look so bland, they looked like a bunch of ghosts on TV. I miss the old orange and black ones. Create three teams, do a little week-long tournament and make it 5 on 5.
I liked the green and purple ones the best.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If HFBoards existed in 2003, would we have been up in arms over the ASG MVP being on a losing team?

It happened when Dany Heatley also had a 4-goal game

HFBoards did exist.

Though I joined in July. I don't know how it handled the 2003 ASG

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The NHL needs to cut back on the over done gimmicks and let the players be the spectacle. Too much nonsense on the screens. It will never be perfect but the addition of the final skills competition "event" and the clutter on the screen tonight only hurt the legitimacy of the spectacle.

Good ending tonight at least....

I disagree. It is the perfect time to test out technologies, see which ones work, which ones don't and how well the public responds to it.

Now if only they would apply cutting edge technology and skill to make nhl.com and the app more enjoyable.

Reactions: CanuckCity

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Also as much as I despised Bieksa for a decade on the ice... he is honestly hilarious as a color guy.

I said this to a Flames fan but I’ll say it again:

No. Stop. Please don’t like our loveable goofs. They’re OUR goofs. You’re suppose to hate him. :( Guys. This isn’t how it’s supppse to work. :(

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Rittich was great, and Andersen played great in the final. Pastrnak also seemed to be flying.

Could have been better, could have been worse.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018

I have an insane idea: do an all-star game like every other sport does. East vs. West. Done. Enough of the gimmicks. It’s embarrassing. Nobody needs 3-on-3 or tournaments or drafts or any other garbage. Just play a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad