NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I do agree he is underrated

People always talk up Brees , Brady , Mahomes , Watson and now Jackson but rarely bring up Wilson when talking best QB's in game
Wilson just wins. Team philosophy of running the ball. They should let him throw more especially early in the game.

you could drop Wilson into the other team’s roster and he would do well for them.

The other QBs given Seattle’s OL the past few seasons they wouldn’t be putting up insane stats. Too busy running for their lives.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A person who attended the Chiefs/Texans game as a fan tested positive for Covid

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
To me, Russ is the 3rd best QB, and if in an offense that fully utilizes him, he could easily be in the Mahomes/Jackson tier. I think those 2 are in a tier by themselves with how dynamic they are and they rarely have an off game. If he went to a more aggressive offense, we'd probably view him with Mahomes and Jackson. He's only had 1 season with over 550 passing attempts.

And I love how we have multiple quarterbacks that broke the silly stereotypes that held black quarterbacks back.

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wilson has always been this capable, people just didn't start noticing until the defense fell back to earth.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I’m a big fan of Russell Wilson since his rookie year, so it’s not surprising he’s now getting the accolades he deserves cause the LOB defense is no longer there.

Seattle still had a stout defense but this is now Russell’s team, he takes this team where ever he goes.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I was pretty shocked with how good of a game that Cleveland-Cincy game was. Looks like Cincy defense picked up right where they left it last year, getting shredded by both Chubb and Hunt. Cleveland was trying to run down the clock and "accidentally" scored while only taking a couple minutes off the clock.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Why does Seattle always have suspect first round picks but have terrific picks after round 1!? Lol

It's very puzzling but this is why I was totally fine with trading two of them for a proven stud like Adams.
Much better than whatever off the board picks Schneider would have made.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not exactly much on TV worth it for companies especially since some shows wont be returning until 2021 because of COVID related delays

So its not surprising they are running to NFL

In other NFL news

What a dumb contract

Cohen is overrated and has regressed in every facet of game

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is a funny reference, but I get why he's looking down. He started his season against two of the best teams in the league and got rolled by both.

I have no idea how to judge the Texans at this point. The rest of their schedule will look like a cakewalk after starting against KC and Baltimore.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This is a funny reference, but I get why he's looking down. He started his season against two of the best teams in the league and got rolled by both.

I have no idea how to judge the Texans at this point. The rest of their schedule will look like a cakewalk after starting against KC and Baltimore.

Yeah absolutely brutal first two weeks for them. Like you said, it's hard to judge them at this point, considering their opponents. I think they're still going to be a strong team, but losing Hopkins is going to be massive for them. Especially if Brandin Cooks and Will Fuller can't stay on the field.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Whelp.... another example of why you don't draft a RB this high. There's a very good chance Barkley doesn't get a big second contract from the Giants after this injury.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad