NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Figured I'd post this here.

I'm trying to find a meme I saw back at the NFL draft. It's this meme:

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

But it's Brady yelling, Gronk holding him back, and instead of the smug cat, it's Belichick's dog Nike.

5ea397064bca633d4a6b4a64

It's all greyscale, and available on a shirt.

I've done a rough and dirty google search and twitter is pretty poor for looking back at your timeline, so I figured I'd try and ask here.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So they’re getting rid of PI reviews, what’s the reasoning? I didn’t realize it wasn’t liked, is it because there’s more stoppages?
Their standard for most of the season was not to overturn the call unless it was Blatant.

then it seemed to have changed later in the year.

but fans and coaches seemed to want calls made that were between blatant To close plays called which the NFL never intended the rule to do.

so teams were just wasting a challenge and timeout.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Actually, I think the problem was there never was a consistent standard.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Former NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: Vikings should sign Colin Kaepernick - ProFootballTalk

I don't know how Minnesota signing a QB who hasn't played in 4 years is going to help anything, but good to know Lockhart pointed out the obvious

With Cousins having remained healthy the past 2 seasons, I don't even know who their Backup is at this point. I think Minnesota would have been a good landing spot for Josh Rosen with one of their recent late round picks in rounds 5-7. 2 years left on his rookie contract to see what he has.

As for Kaep, that's also assuming he's fine accepting a backup role for a $1 mill salary. And how they view their QB room with Cousins and whether as a team they can handle any QB controversy as they know what they have in Cousins and he is still inconsistent from time to time with his performances. Based on the contract, they are committed to him through this season, but also in 2021 as they restructured his contract adding another season.

member 157595

Former NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: Vikings should sign Colin Kaepernick - ProFootballTalk

I don't know how Minnesota signing a QB who hasn't played in 4 years is going to help anything, but good to know Lockhart pointed out the obvious

Yeah whether you agree with what he did or not it's beside the point, he hasn't played in forever and he wasn't exactly an elite player at the point SF let him go in the first place. For the journalists it's all about the clicks. Writing about CK will generate clicks.

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
Yeah whether you agree with what he did or not it's beside the point, he hasn't played in forever and he wasn't exactly an elite player at the point SF let him go in the first place. For the journalists it's all about the clicks. Writing about CK will generate clicks.
CK wasn't any good when he left. But some of the Niners fans here will tell you different.

The reason CK is not signed is not a conspiracy by NFL clubs as retribution for his protests. It is because he cannot play football at a NFL level.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
CK wasn't any good when he left. But some of the Niners fans here will tell you different.

The reason CK is not signed is not a conspiracy by NFL clubs as retribution for his protests. It is because he cannot play football at a NFL level.

NFL even went out of their way to give him a try out last year. He ditched them at the last minute when they wouldn't agree to anymore of his unnecessary changes (after already agreeing to some) then wonders why nobody will sign him.

Anyways, the other poster is right. Simple click bait.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

He can play football at a NFL level though, it's just not high enough to be worth the media circus that follows him around and that would be dialed up to 10 now with everything going on.

And no team without an unquestioned top of the line starter can sign him, otherwise the calls for CK will be shouted from the rooftops the moment the incumbent starter throws a bad pass. Cousins' gets scrutinized enough, he doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder at Kaepernick on top of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad