NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Giants are a mess

John Mara sticking with Gettleman b/c now Gettleman has apparently embraced analytics. Meanwhile he traded a high 3rd Rounder for FA Williams so I guess draft choices don’t jive with analytics.

was a disaster

Reactions: Melrose Munch

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Which means they’re going to get a puppet because when Gettleman is fired, the new guy will want his guy, unless whoever they hire wrestles power away but that doesn’t seem to be how the Giants do business.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
so Jameis, Cam, Rosen or Trubisky who do you pick here for the Bears?
Giants are a mess

John Mara sticking with Gettleman b/c now Gettleman has apparently embraced analytics. Meanwhile he traded a high 3rd Rounder for FA Williams so I guess draft choices don’t jive with analytics.

was a disaster
agreed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This should mean the end of Eli's NFL career then

Cant see any team having interest in him as a #1 at this stage of his career and his age

I’m looking around, I don’t see many teams in general who will be looking for QB’s to start they otherwise couldn’t draft.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bears? Titans if they don’t re-sign Tannehill? Indy? Not many teams looking for a QB right now. Maybe Miami signs him and has Tua sit behind him for a year?
Indy committed money to Brissett next season. Both Rivers and Eli, there's not a spot open.

Depending on what the Raiders do, Carr could be an option for teams. Bridgewater will sign with someone for an opportunity to play. Aside from Burrow and a completely healthy Tua, I don't see another QB from this draft who should start immediately.

If the Chargers grab Herbert then I think they bring Rivers back to mentor the kid.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

This should mean the end of Eli's NFL career then

Cant see any team having interest in him as a #1 at this stage of his career and his age

Probably safe to say that for the past decade or so there wouldn’t have been a lot of teams eager to make him their #1. I mean, I know he would have continually bounced around finding work like McCown on teams seeking stop gaps, but he wouldn’t have been anyone’s exciting long term addition.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Could be a scandal brewing in NY. It looks like Manish Mehta, the Jets beat writer for the NY Daily News, has been busted for running a pro Adam Gase burner twitter account that was so pro Gase it was believed it could only be coming from Gase himself or a family member...meanwhile Mehta was reporting in some of his stories that people in the Jets building were quite convinced Gase had a burner account going. Which appears to have been Mehta's all along. Wow.

Barstool Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGooooch

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hasn't Mehta been attacking Gase for months now?

If so was this designed to try and further turn fans/media against Gase and generally make him looks worse

Odd story and if true that essentially should end Mehta journalism career

Sep 19, 2008
Could be a scandal brewing in NY. It looks like Manish Mehta, the Jets beat writer for the NY Daily News, has been busted for running a pro Adam Gase burner twitter account that was so pro Gase it was believed it could only be coming from Gase himself or a family member...meanwhile Mehta was reporting in some of his stories that people in the Jets building were quite convinced Gase had a burner account going. Which appears to have been Mehta's all along. Wow.

Barstool Sports
f*** Mehta

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Matt Rhule will not interview in Cleveland. He turned them down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->