Injury Report: 2020 NFL Injuries Thread (Packers LT LT David Bakhtiari has torn ACL)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anyone ever see Pearl Harbor, the 2001 movie that was both terribly bad and terribly long? When Kate Beckinsale had to triage people with lipstick? That’s gonna be the NFL infirmary tomorrow.
And some huge names as well. Saquon, Nick Bosa, a couple of QBs in lock, Jimmy G, etc.

The play on the field has been good without pre season but have to check to see how the injuries were from prior years through week 2 if you include pre season injuries as well as regular season game injuries.

Was it the same or does it seem like more simply because there was no pre season.

going from 0-60 is hard.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Some of the injuries might be due to no preseason, but some of them are just horrible luck, like the ACL's or Lock's shoulder. I suppose you could say the defenders not having live games to get timing down, but I don't buy that argument as much. To me it's just the reality in a sport like this, we are just more aware since it's early in the season and it's notable names as opposed to non-stars.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
With the way that this season is going we may actually need an Injury Thread part 2!

This was very much what I expected to happen, but the level of severe injuries is just crazy. I was expecting a lot of hamstrings and other muscle pulls/strains/sprains. Not torn ACL's and busted shoulders.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With the way that this season is going we may actually need an Injury Thread part 2!

This was very much what I expected to happen, but the level of severe injuries is just crazy. I was expecting a lot of hamstrings and other muscle pulls/strains/sprains. Not torn ACL's and busted shoulders.
That’s how you know it doesn’t really have anything to do with no preseason

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
That’s how you know it doesn’t really have anything to do with no preseason
I was attributing it more to being no full training camps/OTA's than the lack of actual pre-season games. Outside of a handful of practices these guys are jumping straight into full game speed. Whenever I tore my ACL (non-contact) in 2014 my doctor and Physical Therapist told me that playing sports after long-term inactivity can greatly increase the risk factor. I went all summer without playing any sports and then jumped right into full-speed hockey one day a week. Without any kind of regular conditioning it left my body more susceptible to injury. I am guessing that this is similar to what is happening with these guys.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was attributing it more to being no full training camps/OTA's than the lack of actual pre-season games. Outside of a handful of practices these guys are jumping straight into full game speed. Whenever I tore my ACL (non-contact) in 2014 my doctor and Physical Therapist told me that playing sports after long-term inactivity can greatly increase the risk factor. I went all summer without playing any sports and then jumped right into full-speed hockey one day a week. Without any kind of regular conditioning it left my body more susceptible to injury. I am guessing that this is similar to what is happening with these guys.

These guys were still training and conditioning though. They just weren’t at OTA’s.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Seattle is really going to struggle to pressure QB ,, Already looked like problem before this injury now they probably need to shop around league for some pass rushers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad