Injury Report: 2020 NFL Injuries Thread (Packers LT LT David Bakhtiari has torn ACL)

Sep 19, 2008

Heh

I figured the Niners curse was gone after last year but this is just devastating

Niners before last year were oft injured though and many blamed that for a poor season

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Think Seahawks can start sitting guys now. That division race is ovah.
Only 1 team gets a bye. So competing with the north and south for that. Seattle got a bye in week 6 so that is 11 consecutive weeks of football for them once they roll into the playoffs. A bye would be huge.

but man it does not look good for SF. This is their tough stretch of games. Still another 4 tough games ahead. GB and NO coming up I believe.

3 full years of Jimmy G and he ends up starting like 23 games for them if you exclude the final few games he played when he arrived which were pretty meaningless at the time for SF.

guaranteed money done for Jimmy. What does SF do? At 4 wins that’s to many to draft a QB with their own pick. Would need to trade up for one.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Only 1 team gets a bye. So competing with the north and south for that. Seattle got a bye in week 6 so that is 11 consecutive weeks of football for them once they roll into the playoffs. A bye would be huge.

but man it does not look good for SF. This is their tough stretch of games. Still another 4 tough games ahead. GB and NO coming up I believe.

3 full years of Jimmy G and he ends up starting like 23 games for them if you exclude the final few games he played when he arrived which were pretty meaningless at the time for SF.

guaranteed money done for Jimmy. What does SF do? At 4 wins that’s to many to draft a QB with their own pick. Would need to trade up for one.
Good point. Still need the bye. But the division is done and dusted. Seahawks better win all the remaining division games.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's too bad the 49ers are so deep or else this would be a perfect time to tank. Unfortunately they'll win at least 2 or 3 of these last 8 and be meddling.

member 157595

I cannot recall any team in recent history with as many major injuries as SF has had right now.

It's not just the number of players, it's the number of key players and the length of time they're out.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I cannot recall any team in recent history with as many major injuries as SF has had right now.

It's not just the number of players, it's the number of key players and the length of time they're out.
It's been insane. Literally over half the starters on both sides of the ball have been out most games. Their depth is why I expected them to replicate last year, but it's the only reason they re average right now.

Seattle has had remarkable health by comparison and are winning because of it. Attrition is usually the difference in this league.

member 157595

It's been insane. Literally over half the starters on both sides of the ball have been out most games. Their depth is why I expected them to replicate last year, but it's the only reason they re average right now.

Seattle has had remarkable health by comparison and are winning because of it. Attrition is usually the difference in this league.

I think they're still the best team in the division if healthy, but absolutely no team can realistically be expected to handle anything like this in the Cap era. This year's draft will be very important.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

SF has been hit insanely hard by injuries. Seattle has had their share of injuries as well. Not to the extent of SF. Losing Bosa, Samuel, Sherman, etc. is like Seattle losing Adams, Metcalf, Griffen, etc. Jimmy G not close to the same class as Wilson, but when you lose your QB it will hurt.

2nd season under Shanahan that SF will fall short of expectations due to injuries. Those quality guys that they have on rookie deals burn another year and are closer to contract 2.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
SF has been hit insanely hard by injuries. Seattle has had their share of injuries as well. Not to the extent of SF. Losing Bosa, Samuel, Sherman, etc. is like Seattle losing Adams, Metcalf, Griffen, etc. Jimmy G not close to the same class as Wilson, but when you lose your QB it will hurt.

2nd season under Shanahan that SF will fall short of expectations due to injuries. Those quality guys that they have on rookie deals burn another year and are closer to contract 2.
Shedding Kwon was significant. There's no way Jimmy will be making 25 mil next year so he's coming off the books either way.

I'd like him to stay if they can renegotiate. 24-9 as a starter regardless of his tier shows it's more than just the team, especially factoring in the other qb's records during that time frame. I'd like to sign him to a 1 yr prove it deal and see what he can do when he's actually healthy. He's only really played about 8 games as 100% healthy in his time here.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think they're still the best team in the division if healthy, but absolutely no team can realistically be expected to handle anything like this in the Cap era. This year's draft will be very important.
Luckily they've hit the last 2 years at wr with Samuel and Aiyuk. They can look at positions to improve like db, lb, and oline. They aren't really in the range to take a franchise qb, and outside of Lawrence there may not be any.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shedding Kwon was significant. There's no way Jimmy will be making 25 mil next year so he's coming off the books either way.

I'd like him to stay if they can renegotiate. 24-9 as a starter regardless of his tier shows it's more than just the team, especially factoring in the other qb's records during that time frame. I'd like to sign him to a 1 yr prove it deal and see what he can do when he's actually healthy. He's only really played about 8 games as 100% healthy in his time here.
He’s the thing with Jimmy. He is due like $25 mill for next season. So there is no reason for him to renegotiate the contract unless there is something in it for him. Like some guaranteed money if he were to get cut or something.

him playing on his existing contract is the same as a one year prove it deal given there is just a small dead cap hit if they cut him.

he has suffered an AC joint injury. aCL tear and high ankle sprain in what amounts to be 2 full seasons as a starter. And he has a build that you want from your QB.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Trevon Diggs ( DB - Dallas ) will likely miss the rest of this season. :ha:

from cbssports.com:

Diggs is expected to be sidelined 4-to-6 weeks after he was diagnosed Tuesday with a fractured bone in his left foot, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. He won't require surgery to address the injury, according to Todd Archer of ESPN.com.

Though the beleaguered Cowboys defense turned in one of its best outings of the season in Sunday's 24-19 loss to the Steelers, the foot injury Diggs picked up in the game leaves a struggling Dallas secondary even more vulnerable. While he has been far from a shutdown corner during his rookie season, he had emerged as a useful IDP option thanks to his high tackle counts. The second-round pick has played 557 of a possible 596 defensive plays this season, tallying 48 tackles, two interceptions, 10 passes defensed, one forced fumble and one sack. Based on the projected timeline for his recovery, Diggs looks like he could be in danger of missing the rest of the season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Saints have the improving Falcons, Broncos, Falcons, Eagles before hosting KC on Dec 20th. Next 4 games they would be the favorite, though they will be on the road in Denver and Philly and who knows about weather there. They own the head to head tie breaker with TB, so I think they can afford to let Brees heal up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like they're hoping for 2-3 weeks for Brees. Hoping being the operative word. They *should* be able to go 3-1 with Winston if they have to, they'll be favored in every game the rest of the year except KC, which is at least at home

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->