OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Those are fair points. I guess watching the Giants and Saints has spoiled me. I don't see 12 win seasons ending in first or second round playoff losses as anything special.

It's an improvement for Jamal considering the Jets' situation the last few years and it's his hometown team. And he clearly is no fan of Darnold liking some dumbass Instagram post critical of him last year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I've never heard that story, and that seems like exactly the type of thing that would lead a guy like Jamal Adams to put on this whole production.

I just don't understand the theatrics. If you want to go to another team...say so and demand a trade. The whole saga more and more seems like it has nothing to do with either money or the team fielding calls at the deadline. Man up and own it, dude.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's an improvement for Jamal considering the Jets' situation the last few years and it's his hometown team. And he clearly is no fan of Darnold liking some dumbass Instagram post critical of him last year.

It’s very hard to win in the NFL. Guys like him are typically a net negative on their team. No sport requires more team work and cohesiveness than the NFL in my view. The Cowboys will be worse with him and will have the privilege of paying him. Ever notice how other than the QB the Pats and Saints can function with any number of guys in their system? I think in part that’s the demand that the players buy in. Malcontents are often sent away even if very good.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know some NFL teams have been offering the option to skip next season for season ticket holders but this is the first one I believe to flat out just say everyone is getting deffered. In any fans are allowed in its only going to be 14k or less...

2020 Ravens Season Tickets to Be Deferred

I think this will definitely lead to the NHL having to do something similar next season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I like Edelman’s comment that the world needs more love, compassion, and empathy. Hard to argue with that. It’s also good to see someone use this moment to reach out constructively and try to build a bridge. As a wise man once said “Whats’s So Funny ‘Bout Peace Love and Understanding?

nick lowe

the facepalm was for jackon's comment …..edelman was spot on with what he said

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Nick Lowe recorded that too? I believe it was written by Elvis Costello?
A fun thing to do if you are shut in due to COVID and/or totally bored is to search the name of a song you like on Youtube and check out some of the different versions. You find some interesting versions.. I am a fan of the song by EC and found the original by Nick Lowe a while back doing that.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Virginia canceled high school football, NJ pushed it back to an October start, and idiotic PA keeps going with their normal start date even with cases rising... I dont get it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Football's king in America, they're going to be the last sport to cancel stuff and they'll do it kicking and screaming even on the high school level. Of course they're also the sport that's most at-risk so...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The hilarious thing is if any guy had the right to eviscerate Gase in public it'd be Bell. But you just can't destroy the coach (even Gase) that way in the media, or publicly call the GM a liar.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Good riddance, it would have been nice if he didn't push it this way in the end but can't argue with getting two 1sts and a 3rd, and not from one of Douglas's publicly preferred teams either.

Good on Douglas for getting a better return (one I am still happy with) for Adams than the Giants did for OBJ.

Cancers need to be rooted out in NFL locker rooms more so than perhaps any other sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->