OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
They should start with making sure these young men are actually taking and participating in their regular classes.

I went to an FCS football school and smaller D1 basketball school and neither sports athletes were ever in classes. Especially football. Ever. They were always absent. I can't even imagine what it's like at a school like Bama, Clemson, Miami, Etc.

But I guess they don't go to those schools to play school anyway so what can I really expect lol

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I assume buying a small piece of the Steelers is getting their foot in the door to buy a whole franchise in the future.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jets are fully capable of FUBARing this without Jamal's help, but it's comical optics to me that basically eight months after he was up in arms over trade rumors he's now asking for a trade.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I would also like to be traded from my current employer to different employer for the same pay but a better situation :sarcasm:

p4AoM_d.jpg

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Why? It's a business. Oh, and the Jets are dysfunctional. Nothing should surprise you with the Johnsons owning the team.

Because he's a little bitch. This isnt about business or he wouldn't be fine with not extending with other teams until his contract is up. Dude just doesnt want to play for the Jets anymore, which is totally fine, but don't go and say it's about money and not being paid then turn around and say you're okay with not being paid right away if its for a team of your choice.

In the end I guess I don't really care anyway. I'm tired of his immature antics on and off the field. Dude is a punk and a distraction. I hope the jets trade him to the Browns

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
How many people did that batshit crazy coach run out of town?

Then he bombed wirse than Rich Kotite and they stuck with him.

With careers getting shorter and shorter, I dont blame him if he wants a better situation. The Jets could cut him tomorrow and with the way contracts are structured, he might get nothing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jets are not cutting him tomorrow or anytime soon though, that's a moot point. If you want the money fine, if you want to be on a better team fine, but don't be a frigging hypocrite. Eight months ago he was complaining he shouldn't be on the trade block because 'Tom Brady isn't in trade rumors'. Now he wants to get traded. He rips the Jets for not paying him three years in advance of his contract expiring but he won't raise a fuss (or claims he won't) on another team. He needs to get a frigging grip already. At least when Revis pulled most of his crap he actually contributed to a team winning something.

Damien Woody had a good point on Twitter yesterday, being a leader isn't about whining your way to a ready-made culture, it's helping to build one.

How many people did that batshit crazy coach run out of town?

Then he bombed wirse than Rich Kotite and they stuck with him.

re: Gase, it's not like he's going to be the coach for the next ten years. Adams will almost certainly outlast him, if Douglas doesn't cave into his bs. I don't think he dislikes Gregg Williams (the d-coordinator) who he deals with more.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm usually one to defend the players in football and am an advocate they should make as much money as they can, but Adams (who is my favorite current Jet by the way) has been acting like a child ever since the "rumors" of him being shopped surfaced. Joe Douglas has been completely professional and said exactly what any GM should, if someone calls him on a player, he'll listen. The team has stated several times they want to extend him and make him a Jet for life. Just not on his timeline. They still have two years of control of his contract. There are very rarely any players that get extended that far in advance. Not to mention, the pandemic that could affect the NFL's salary cap.

All the while, Adams has been throwing shade on social media and not so subtly showing desires to go elsewhere. If he wants to take the easy way out and get dealt to a team that's a contender, be my f***ing guest. Tons of talent, but clearly immature and not exactly a player at a position of need at safety.

Would be thrilled if they come to a compromise and this is all for nothing, but it sure sounds like the sooner he's gone, the better. Though if it were me, I'd call his bluff and see if he's intent on sitting out the year if he really doesn't want to be here.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
At least when Revis pulled most of his crap he actually contributed to a team winning something.

The one thing I can say about Revis is that he handled it professionally and like a business. As a fan, it was a bitter pill to swallow but at least he didn't act like a baby to the media or the fans. The older I've gotten and realize these guys don't get to have a long career, you grew to respect how he handled everything. And as you said, he was invaluable to the team's success during that time.

I hold no ill will towards Revis at all, honestly. Aside from Curtis Martin, he's the most talented player in his prime that I've seen play for the team in my lifetime.

Reactions: Davegarri

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If social media was as prevalent ten years ago as it was now you might be singing a different tune on that one. Didn't Revis get in some dumbass Twitter feud with Richard Sherman towards the end of his career? Not that I care, just saying it's an indicator it probably would have been worse with more social media around 2009-10. Jamal, like many people who can't control themselves need to get the hell off social media, it only exacerbates everything.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
sorry Jets fans, Minkah Fitzpatrick did the same crap to the Dolphins

glad that whining punk is gone now though and happy we got a 1st for him

Reactions: Davegarri

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Adams isn't half the player that he is in his head. Good player, but people act like he's a leader just because of all the bravado.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Posting this in here too....

Going to be interesting to see if the Devils end up doing something like this for the the 20-21 season, the New York Giants are apparently doing this and it's really quite big news. Makes me think they either think that the season will absolutely not be played in front of fans or may not even happen at all...

"We are offering all season ticket members the ability to take a year off from buying their season tickets. If you decide to do this, you will have no obligation to pay for your season tickets this year – we will take them back into our inventory and we will see you in 2021"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean he actually has a real coach for the first time in a decade. With Jerry it's a matter of how much he stays out of the limelight and lets his football people (including his more pragmatic son) do their jobs. Jerry'll probably never be made to step back the way Steinbrenner had to in the early '90's, but I don't see any reason they can't at least have Romo-era success and win 12-13 games a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad