NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Jokic Vs Davis will be a fun one.

Its just that LA is gonna need someone to step up and hit 3s to match Murray and Harris.

But if playoff Rondo goes off, its a wrap.

Three point shooting is their Achilles heel but their perimeter defense is exceptional, I doubt Murray goes for 30+ with regularity in this series

I predict Lakers in 6

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Thank god Klay and Curry got hurt.

But they're getting a top 3 pick and maybe another superstar to join them. So they'll be back and win it all, making the playoffs boring again next year.

Even if they draft a stud or trade the pick for another star nothing will compare to the KD Warriors rosters, and I think a lot of people have over looked the losses of Iguodala and Livingston, the Warriors depth chart is straight trash now without them

Ky Bowman? f*** outta here

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Not sure why people are wrting off the Nuggets vs LAL, They are good enough to beat LAC, then they are definitely good enough to beat the Lakers.

When you can Shoot like Murray,if he gets hot, they will win vs the Lakers, The Lakers have garbage shooters.

Also, good luck defending Jokic.

LeBron/A.D. will cancel out Murray/Jokic

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
3rd time a Doc Rivers team blew a 3-1 series lead in playoffs

2003 - Magic blew 3-1 series lead in 1st round vs Pistons
2015 - Clippers blew 3-1 series lead in 2nd round vs Rockets
2020 - Clippers blew 3-1 series lead in 2nd round vs Nuggets

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kawhi single handedly screwed over two teams when he could have just taken a one-year deal in TO, repeat as Champions, then go to LA while the Raps signed Giannis next offseason.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Funny how the narrative changes.

This is a fair analysis, from this season as they were on pace for over 60 wins. Though from what we saw this playoffs he took the pressure off others. Kawhi took 39 shots against the Sixers in game 7, and he wasnt chucking either. He was required to. Siakam was terrible in these playoffs when he was looking to be the main focal point. He was atrocious late in the games against the Celtics with turnovers and missed shots. He as a second or third option is perfect.

Their team defense seems to get overlooked though these past two years. The real reason why they were so successful. I mean, they held the Cletics to 92 points in game 7, that normally would be enough to win in the NBA.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is a fair analysis, from this season as they were on pace for over 60 wins. Though from what we saw this playoffs he took the pressure off others. Kawhi took 39 shots against the Sixers in game 7, and he wasnt chucking either. He was required to. Siakam was terrible in these playoffs when he was looking to be the main focal point. He was atrocious late in the games against the Celtics with turnovers and missed shots. He as a second or third option is perfect.

Their team defense seems to get overlooked though these past two years. The real reason why they were so successful. I mean, they held the Cletics to 92 points in game 7, that normally would be enough to win in the NBA.

Kawhi screwed over two teams (and himself) with what he pulled this offseason. Raps don't repeat, Clippers give up a boatload of futures for a 2 year window to win. If the Clippers bow out early again next year there is no way he takes the player option on his deal. Might even call up Masai for a reunion in Toronto.

Reactions: Halladay

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Kawhi screwed over two teams (and himself) with what he pulled this offseason. Raps don't repeat, Clippers give up a boatload of futures for a 2 year window to win. If the Clippers bow out early again next year there is no way he takes the player option on his deal. Might even call up Masai for a reunion in Toronto.
I agree, though I guess it depends in if he really wanted to be in LA or not. He could have went to the lakers. The Clippers traded all that for George for maybe just two years of him and Kawhi as both can opt out. Immense pressure next year for the Clippers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I agree, though I guess it depends in if he really wanted to be in LA or not. He could have went to the lakers. The Clippers traded all that for George for maybe just two years of him and Kawhi as both can opt out. Immense pressure next year for the Clippers.
Gotta imagine there's some interesting texts and backroom conversations going on in NBA circles tonight.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
g0cu0l1r5gn51.jpg

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I have a hard time buying the idea that Kawhi screwed the Raptors

They traded for him fully knowing he was an impending free agent, Toronto management knew they were taking a risk, and they didn't even have to sacrifice any of their future to get him

He was the best player on the team for their first ever championship, you can't ever take that away from them, all in all I'm sure they're fine with how things worked out

He totally f***ed over the Spurs, but it seems like there was a breakdown in trust between him and management, in that situation it was basically inevitable they'd part ways eventually

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have a hard time buying the idea that Kawhi screwed the Raptors

They traded for him fully knowing he was an impending free agent, Toronto management knew they were taking a risk, and they didn't even have to sacrifice any of their future to get him

He was the best player on the team for their first ever championship, you can't ever take that away from them, all in all I'm sure they're fine with how things worked out

He totally f***ed over the Spurs, but it seems like there was a breakdown in trust between him and management, in that situation it was basically inevitable they'd part ways eventually

The Raps will probably end up being the "least" screwed over by him. Especially when the Clippers have no future at all for the next decade.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The Raps will probably end up being the "least" screwed over by him. Especially when the Clippers have no future at all for the next decade.

The Clippers didn't really have to make the George trade, they got impatient and tried to become instant contenders but Kawhi wouldn't come without assurances they'd add a 2nd star, all the other, better options wouldn't come to them, and Presti bent them over in a trade for a borderline top 15 player

The Clippers did this to themselves, they had a really fun, scrappy underdog team that punched above their weight class last year, if they felt that Kawhi's demands were unreasonable they should have stayed the course and they probably could have been in the Giannis sweepstakes in the 2021 offseason, now they're one more playoff disappointment away from becoming the Billy King Nets 2.0

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Kawhi is the biggest fraud in NBA history. Never led a team to a legit ring as the #1 guy (14 he wasn't the #1 guy, 19 warriors were screwed by injuries). Anyone who thought this guy was better/as good as LeBron or KD is a clown. I've never seen a player get so overrated for 1 fluke playoff run.

PG is up there with westbrick as the biggest choker in the NBA.

Doc is the most overrated coach in the league. Dude has had stacked teams in LA and blown how many series leads? He's living off the fluke ring he won 10+ years ago with a team full of HOFers.

Rest of the players are clowns. Morris, bev, harrell, Williams never won anything yet kept running their mouth all year. Hopefully they learn some humility but probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->