NBA 2020 NBA Draft

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Assuming the lottery balls don't go their way, the Knicks have screwed things up yet again winning a handful of meaningless games over the last month. They now sit in the 6th position.

Last year, a few late wins led them to the #3 pick netting Barrett instead of Morant or Williamson.

They should've continued the tank this year and not fired Fizdale until the end of the season.

Being bad doesn't cut it in this superstar driven league. A full tank is needed to get a top pick. Otherwise you end up with Kevin Knox and Frank Nitlikina.

Thing is, even when they get high picks they tend to miss.

Or the odd chance they hit, like with Porzingis, they go and trade the guy for a bag of magic beans even after he’s established himself as a good player.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Celtics end up with #14 ( from Memphis ), #26 ( their own pick ) and #30 ( from Milwaukee through Phoenix ). I would he happy if the Celtics could get either Cole Anthony ( PG - North Carolina ) or Patrick Williams ( PF - Florida State ) with the 14th pick. It would be great if Danny Ainge could bundle the #26 and #30 picks plus another asset to move up to around #20 and possibly grab both guys in the 1st round.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Really? Ball seems like he'd fit perfectly in Chicago.

How so he is piss poor shooter and his father and nonsense his family bring is enough to justify avoiding him

Dunn is crap but at least he can play D something that Ball also is shit at

Its not worth it for Bulls to draft such a flawed player with all the baggage his father brings

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
How so he is piss poor shooter and his father and nonsense his family bring is enough to justify avoiding him

Its not worth it for Bulls to draft such a flawed player with all the baggage his father brings
Just seems like you need a true playmaker, which I think Ball is.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
The Celtics end up with #14 ( from Memphis ), #26 ( their own pick ) and #30 ( from Milwaukee through Phoenix ). I would he happy if the Celtics could get either Cole Anthony ( PG - North Carolina ) or Patrick Williams ( PF - Florida State ) with the 14th pick.

Because you think he'll be a good NBA player, and not just because the Celtics would draft a Williams for the third consecutive draft (after Robert and Grant Williams)? ;)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Really? Ball seems like he'd fit perfectly in Chicago.
He would be.

Ball or Dani or bust.

Ball has elite vision. His shooting isn't bad and will only get better. He needs to add some weight and his lower body is tiny, but he has length. He had the tools to be an NBA all star.

He don't play a lick of defense, perfect for the Bulls.

Dani could be another player the Bulls take. He has a non stop motor, and actually tries in his own end of the court. He doesn't have any stand out quality like Melo does, but he's above average on most.

This is how I see the top four right now;

1. Edwards- I don't understand why. I think he busts in the NBA and I don't think his game translates well to Min.

2. Wiseman- might be the best pick or bust. There's just not alot of tape out there on him. Total roll of the dice.

3. Melo- His problem is he needs to be a starter playing with great players to be effective in the NBA.

4. Dani- He's not Luka no matter what anybody says, but could be a sixth man type. Needs to gain weight, will get pushed around

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym

He's 100% better than Lonzo at shooting and is still as good as a playmaker. Also we already have shooting talent like LaVine OPJ and Coby, so I don't see why not take LaMelo

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
On today's PTI episode they brought up a trade rumor involving the Celtics and Golden State which included Marcus Smart and the 2nd pick in the upcoming draft. I'm guessing they were talking about this:

Personally I wouldn't do it and I'm hoping Ainge thinks the same if Golden State actually makes the offer. I still think Boston is looking to do something with the #26 and the #30 picks ( trade, draft and stash, etc) because there is no way they can add 3 more young guys to this team.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
On today's PTI episode they brought up a trade rumor involving the Celtics and Golden State which included Marcus Smart and the 2nd pick in the upcoming draft. I'm guessing they were talking about this:

Personally I wouldn't do it and I'm hoping Ainge thinks the same if Golden State actually makes the offer. I still think Boston is looking to do something with the #26 and the #30 picks ( trade, draft and stash, etc) because there is no way they can add 3 more young guys to this team.

If I was Boston I take that deal and run.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Congrats to the Wolves, hopefully they don't screw up this pick like they have so many others.

Like the time they took 2 PGs.

3 years later one of them is a starting point guard for Melbourne United.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I heard 2 rumors about the Pistons and the #7 pick:

- Detroit trades the #7 pick plus their 2022 1st round pick ( unprotected ) to Minnesota for the #1 pick this year. Minnesota might also be dumping a contract too.
- Detroit trades the #7 pick to Boston ( I like it :thumbu: ) for Boston's 3 1st round picks - #14, #26 and #30.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not sure how ball would fit alongside russell in minny, assuming they take him #1. they'd just be better off trading the pick

funny how russell was dealt from LA in part because the lakers planned to take lonzo in the draft, and now he's in minny and they're likely going to draft lamelo

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Avdija. He's good.

The more I look into him the more I like him, but it sounds like the Hornets are going to take whoever is left from Ball/Wiseman/Edwards.

Kind of leary of Wiseman/Edwards. They may be ballers but I hardly heard anything about them in college (Wiseman I know didn't play much but still). College freshmen going into the pros are risky, not everyone is an Anthony Davis or a Zion. Ball, he's probably better than I think he is but his father would be very talkative about the Hornets and everything they do, and frankly the Hornets don't need that distraction.

This is going to be an interesting draft to look back on. I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as weak as the 2000 draft (as I remember hearing someone on sports radio say) but it's not a star-studded one either. I see a lot of role players as time goes on.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
FanDuel has a free draft challenge. 5K first prize. Up to 2 free entries. Mine:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Avdija
5. Toppin
6. Haliburton
7. Williams
8. Okoro
9. Okongwu
10. Vassell

1. Edwards
2. Wiseman
3. Ball
4. Avdija
5. Toppin
6. Haliburton
7. Williams
8. Okoro
9. Okongwu
10. Vassell

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This draft is going to be interesting to say the least. I don’t think any of these players become superstars but I think there will be a lot of solid role players coming out of it. I also think this is a thought that most front offices are having and they are willing to trade around.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad