Movies: 2020 Movies

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Killing time, eh? I know the feeling.

I won't really know until Cannes sorts things out. In terms of English-language movies, I'm looking forward to the first three on your list, especially Tenet.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm curious to check out "Run", which is the follow up by the director of "Searching" from a couple of years ago. That film was a nice, tight thriller that exceeded its gimmick. I'm hoping for something similar to that.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Killing time, eh? I know the feeling.

I won't really know until Cannes sorts things out. In terms of English-language movies, I'm looking forward to the first three on your list, especially Tenet.

If you are looking at indie/foreign films then you may be interested in The Truth by Kore-Eda with Binoche and Hawke. I'm kind of interested in the new Egoyan Guest of Honour with Thewlis. Was looking forward to new Larrain, Ema with Bernal, but looks like it won't be released here.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Tenet and Dune for sure

Maybe: The Woman in the Window, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Last Night in Soho

Yeah, I'm kinda interested in The Women too, looks like a pretty Hitchkocky vibe though, hopefully it's not just ripping off. Kinda interested in Last Night In Soho but I didn't like Baby Driver as much as I hoped.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I'm a huge comics, Marvel, and Star Wars fan, but if Dune is great it would be bigger than all those movies combined.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Way Back, Mulan, No Time To Die, Black Widow, WW84, Top Gun, Tenet, Eternals, Dune, Next Goal Wins.

There will certainly be more that pop up as they get announced and trailers come out, so this list is heavily populated with franchise movies or movies with well known directors for the time being.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dune and Tenet by far.

HM: No Time to Die. I get the feeling they'll close the Craig era well. But the potential is there for it to be a Spectre level meh as well.

The Way Back, Mulan, No Time To Die, Black Widow, WW84, Top Gun, Tenet, Eternals, Dune, Next Goal Wins.

There will certainly be more that pop up as they get announced and trailers come out, so this list is heavily populated with franchise movies or movies with well known directors for the time being.

Count me in as someone who claimed they'd boycott this and intends to follow through.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Dune and Tenet by far.

HM: No Time to Die. I get the feeling they'll close the Craig era well. But the potential is there for it to be a Spectre level meh as well.

Count me in as someone who claimed they'd boycott this and intends to follow through.

Why are we boycotting this again? I struggle to keep up these days.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm really only excited for Dune and Top Gun: Maverick. I don't keep up with upcoming movies like I used (especially when I would check Ain't It Cool News every day 20 years ago), though. I usually don't learn about them until I see a trailer. Of the few others that I'm aware of, I'm not that interested in the new Bond, since I'm not big on Craig in the role and still haven't seen the last one, and I was a bit underwhelmed by Nolan's last few films, so Tenet doesn't excite me yet. Most of the 2020 films that I'll like the most are sure to be ones that I haven't even learned of yet. That's kind of exciting in its own way.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad