HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp (Roster & Schedule In OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

OFFICIAL TRAINING CAMP ROSTER

FORWARDS (17)
Jonathan Drouin, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Tatar, Paul Byron, Phillip Danault, Joel Armia,
Artturi Lehkonen, Dale Weise, Jordan Weal, Nick Suzuki, Charles Hudon, Jesperi Kotkaniemi,
Ryan Poehling, Jake Evans, Max Domi, Alex Belzile, Laurent Dauphin

DEFENSEMEN (12)
Shea Weber, Jeff Petry, Ben Chiarot, Brett Kulak, Christian Folin,
Xavier Ouellet, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Cale Fleury,
Gustav Olofsson, Josh Brook, Alexander Romanov

GOALTENDERS (4)
Carey Price, Charlie Lindgren, Cayden Primeau , Michael McNiven

Notes

- Karl Alzner has opted out.

- Max Domi and Habs will take 7-10 days to determine if he will participate.

The Schedule:

EcviwsnXsAAJ7sU

Exhibition Game:
NHL Public Relations  @PR_NHL    Twitter.png

habs leafs.png

Game 1 of the Habs/Pens Play-In Series is on August 1st.

cut.png

Last edited:

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Will there be pre-play in games to get ready or its training camp and playin straight up!?!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Camp starts Monday, June 13th.

Although the official roster won't be revealed before tomorrow,
we know almost everyone who will participate:

FORWARDS (16)
Jonathan Drouin, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Tatar, Paul Byron, Phillip Danault, Joel Armia,
Artturi Lehkonen, Dale Weise, Jordan Weal, Nick Suzuki, Charles Hudon, Jesperi Kotkaniemi,
Ryan Poehling, Jake Evans, Alex Belzile, Laurent Dauphin

DEFENSEMEN (10)
Shea Weber, Jeff Petry, Ben Chiarot, Brett Kulak, Christian Folin,
Xavier Ouellet, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Cale Fleury, Gustav Olofsson

GOALTENDERS (4)
Carey Price, Charlie Lindgren, Cayden Primeau , Michael McNiven

TBD: Josh Brook, Otto Leskinen, Joseph Blandisi, and maybe others

Notes

- Karl Alzner has opted out.

- Max Domi and Habs will take 7-10 days to determine if he will participate.

- Lukas Vejdemo will not be at camp.

The Schedule:

EcviwsnXsAAJ7sU

There will be one exhibition game between June 28th-30th.

Game 1 of the Habs/Pens Play-In Series is on August 1st.

cut.png

My 23 man roster is the above training camp roster minus:

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Belzile Dauphin Weal
Hudon
Out: Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Weise.

Chiarot Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Folin

Price
Lindgren

The young guys like Fleury, Kk, and Poehling need to work on their fundamentals before being thrown back into the fire.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Belzile Dauphin Weal
Hudon

Chiarot Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Folin

Price
Lindgren

The young guys like Fleury, Kk, and Poehling need to work on their fundamentals before being thrown back into the fire.
Can't see Kotkaniemi not playing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Belzile Dauphin Weal
Hudon

Chiarot Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Folin

Price
Lindgren

I don't see Dauphin and Belzile getting in the line-up over Kotkaniemi and Poehling.

They may end up playing 3-5 matches here, they're going to give the young future prospects the experience to play these meaningful games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't see Dauphin and Belzile getting in the line-up over Kotkaniemi and Poehling.

They may end up playing 3-5 matches here, they're going to give the young future prospects the experience to play these meaningful games.

Yeah I think so. I just disagree with that philosophy.

As I said, imo Fleury, KK and Poehling need to work on their fundamentals before being thrown into the fire. Poehling can't stick handle and handle the puck under pressure. Kk is not physically strong enough. Fleury isn't yet ready to make NHL decisions with the puck. No point in feeding them to the wolves when they haven't had adequate development in these areas. It's the same logic I share with the organization when it comes to putting Primeau out there until he's ready.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah I think so. I just disagree with that philosophy.

As I said, imo Fleury, KK and Poehling need to work on their fundamentals before being thrown into the fire. Poehling can't stick handle and handle the puck under pressure. Kk is not physically strong enough. Fleury isn't yet ready to make NHL decisions with the puck. No point in feeding them to the wolves when they haven't had adequate development in these areas. It's the same logic I share with the organization when it comes to putting Primeau out there until he's ready.

They're going to work on their fundamentals playing hockey. Don't give them this ice time and it might not be until 2021 they dress for an actual competitive game.
We're most likely talking about 2 or 3 games here, it won't break or make anything...so I'd just give them this playing time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They're going to work on their fundamentals playing hockey. Don't give them this ice time and it might not be until 2021 they dress for an actual competitive game.
We're most likely talking about 2 or 3 games here, it won't break or make anything...so I'd just give them this playing time.

Yeah to each their own

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Murray isn't sharp early on while Price is, we could pull through. Us being the Habs we'd lose in the next round and watch the Pens land Lafreniere.

Will be curious if they go with Jarry instead. Murray has the playoff experience. But Jarry had the better stats. They played about the same amount of games. (Jarry had 33 GP and Murray had 38 GP). Jarry had a .921 SV% and Murray had a .899 SV%.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Will be curious if they go with Jarry instead. Murray has the playoff experience. But Jarry had the better stats. They played about the same amount of games. (Jarry had 33 GP and Murray had 38 GP). Jarry had a .921 SV% and Murray had a .899 SV%.
Ya..it's a new season though so guess it'll depend who looks best in camp. Looking good in training camp has never been so important.
What I'm curious about is how boring it'll be to watch with no crowds and how organizations will try to make it more entertaining for viewers.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know Julien won't do it but I would like to see them try a 4th line of Hudon Evans Belzile since Evans has chemistry with both players.

But we know CJ is there to win so it will likely be more like Weal Evans Weise.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
According to Bill Guerin discussing the Kaprizov case, he said the NHL decided to allow teams to sign a player, burn a year off his ELC, and be allowed to bring the player over here to join the team for camp and play-in/playoffs. The will not be allowed to play, but they can be there and practice.

Romanov's agent confirmed it. And he said that he will discuss it with Romanov tonight (it's middle of the night in Russia) or tomorrow morning to decide if he wants to come join Montreal.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
What I'm curious about is how boring it'll be to watch with no crowds and how organizations will try to make it more entertaining for viewers.

Well, Its the NHL's job to make it "more entertaining" for the viewers, and it will definitely be interesting to see the gimmicks they come up with for that, soccer has been doing a not bad job honestly,
But the Organizations jobs is to play Hockey, and thats what they are going to do. Some if not all of the entertainment value will be in just how good the quality of hockey will be, if the hockey is bad, the entertainment will be bad, if the hockey is good, the entertainment will be good.

Im puzzled as to which fans ONLY "tune in" for...the crowd in the stands..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->