GDT: 2020 MLB Regular Season Thread II

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Remember when people bashed Jeter?
Yeah & I get why. The fans were burned numerous times by Huizenga & Loria so when Jeter came along & immediately traded away so many players, the fans thought it was more of the same. But they have a direction now & the farm system has been vastly improved under his regime. Your explanation above is spot on.

Meanwhile, the magic number is down to 5.....going to be an excruciating week :laugh:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
A's win the AL West for the first time since 2013

I almost forgot about this with MNF and the Stanley Cup Finals.

(although when looking at HOU’s road record, it was a question of when and not if OAK clinched)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Edwin Diaz chilling with an era+ of 274. You would think he's a bum if you only read what Mets fans say about him, not dominant like his stats say.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
A's contend because they're constantly looking ahead even in the present.

It's also part of why they have trouble getting over the hump. They never sell the future for a short-term opportunity.
They're also just extraordinarily unlucky. They went for it in 2014 and blew a 4 run lead in the WC game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They're also just extraordinarily unlucky. They went for it in 2014 and blew a 4 run lead in the WC game.
They didn't really sell a future with that Lester deal. Cespy was a fa the next season, and they ended up with a better package for Shark than the one they gave up (though value wasn't better at the time.)

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
They didn't really sell a future with that Lester deal. Cespy was a fa the next season, and they ended up with a better package for Shark than the one they gave up (though value wasn't better at the time.)
Didn't they trade Addison Russell that season?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I f***ing hate Angel Hernandez

He is a f***ing joke

I've hated Angel Hernandez since I was a kid.

I could now have a kid old enough to hate Angel Hernandez.

How that guy still has a job I'll never know.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Angel Hernandez is a f***ing disgrace

Robert check's his swing on 3-2 in 10th but Hernandez refuses to ask 1st base ump and calls him out

Now he has thrown Tim Anderson out on bench ,,,,,,, And now he has thrown out Renteria

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sox manager is moron and Robert mistake cost Sox dearly

Also f***ing Ruiz is not a ML pitcher so him giving up bomb to end game in 10th is not shocking

You have Colome and throw him in for non closing situation he barely pitches in easy 1-2-3 inning... But our idiot manager pulls him in 10th and we lose as a result

Colome threw 6 f***ing pitches in 9th ,, There was no god damn reason not to have him out there for 10th

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why wouldn't Braves bring him back?

He is one of the best players on team and if they are serious about trying to make a run over these next few years they need him

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Phillies have been very interesting theatre. Everyone should be watching these guys. What a complete waste of a season by their lineup and a perfectly adequate starting pitching. They could’ve gotten to the NLCS.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I'm just waiting for the 1st Astros fan who says it's not legitimate.
Fine I'll say it, it's not legitimate jk. Congrats and I'm also in the camp that whoever wins the World Series shouldn't have an asterisk(I've seen other Astros fans on another board go from World Series is legit to screw 2020, this season is a joke anyways).You guys can have the division, I'll settle for the World Series. Who am I kidding, Astros might not even make the playoffs lol

oh they've been saying that since early in the season when it became clear the A's would likely win the division
Not me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad