GDT: 2020 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They're also just extraordinarily unlucky. They went for it in 2014 and blew a 4 run lead in the WC game.
they don't even get into the WC game without lester

and the russell for samardzija trade didn't look so good then, but they sure made up for it by acquiring semien who has become far better than russell ever was

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Fine I'll say it, it's not legitimate jk. Congrats and I'm also in the camp that whoever wins the World Series shouldn't have an asterisk(I've seen other Astros fans on another board go from World Series is legit to screw 2020, this season is a joke anyways).You guys can have the division, I'll settle for the World Series. Who am I kidding, Astros might not even make the playoffs lol

Not me
You're a good dude. I never have you in mind when I talk shit.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Suprirsed the Giants are in contention for a playoff spot. Not many expectations for them this year without Bum.

Bumgarner's been on the decline for some years now - he's still been a good pitcher, but no longer a great pitcher, and every year he seemed to get a little worse. I was expecting the wheels to fall off soon and the Giants moving on from him was absolutely the right decision (I don't think Bumgarner is truly a 7.36 ERA pitcher, I chalk that up to 2020 weirdness, but I'd bet his ERA will be higher than 4 going forward).

Basically, the Giants had no expectations because most of the team was crap. There are bright spots, but those were expected to be a couple years away.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sooooo the bubble won't really be a bubble? not to mention this is gonna do nothing but promote travel to a state that has been totally ravaged by covid. manfred is great at finding new ways to be a f*cking joke

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
“Look, 16 teams, was a really good solution for the unique environment we had in 2020,’’ Manfred said. “But I want to be clear, when I talked about the expanded playoffs going forward before COVID ever hit, we never talked about 16 teams as a permanent solution. We never talked about more than 14 teams. Those plans addressed marginalizing the value of winning the division, and preserving the competitiveness through the regular season.

Phew! I'd still say 14 is too many. 6 per league might be the sweet spot, giving top teams 2 byes to fight for down the stretch.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Suprirsed the Giants are in contention for a playoff spot. Not many expectations for them this year without Bum.
60 games have made it possible for many teams that wouldn't even think about it in 162. Hell, even Baltimore had a fighters chance most of the season.

Reactions: Cas

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
sooooo the bubble won't really be a bubble? not to mention this is gonna do nothing but promote travel to a state that has been totally ravaged by covid. manfred is great at finding new ways to be a f*cking joke

Knew choosing Texas had more to do witj getting fans in seats than some newfound concern for player safety. Manfred is such a cuck.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
White Sox are losing 2-1

But Garrett Crochett is a treat to watch thus far

Hitting 100/101 MPH

2K's and flyout in bottom of 7th for him

This kid could be Sale 2.0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad