GDT: 2020 MLB Draft

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Did the Red Sox wanted Tork as well and had their pick changed by autocorrect? That seemed strange...

Gruß,
BSHH

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pretty happy with the Martin pick as a Jays fan. I mean how could you not?

I don’t think people see Vlad as a long term 3B so this gives really good depth and flexibility on the infield.

Still need to hit on some of our young pitching and in a year or two sign some outfielders because our top end talent and depth there are just brutal. But it’s the outfield and theoretically that’s exactly where you should be able to find players in FA, trades or convert from other positions.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I don’t think people see Vlad as a long term 3B so this gives really good depth and flexibility on the infield.

Still need to hit on some of our young pitching and in a year or two sign some outfielders because our top end talent and depth there are just brutal. But it’s the outfield and theoretically that’s exactly where you should be able to find players in FA, trades or convert from other positions.
I would expect Martin to be the long term option in CF.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

I think Martin settles in as a CF unless he proves capable at SS.

Pearson and Ryu can be a solid duo of aces in years 3 and 4 of Ryu’s deal and along with the bats they have the makings of potentially their best roster since 93.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Jays sound like they got a good player. But I am a little skeptic on Boras?? lol

Vlad I see as eventual DH. I think his bat would blossom more. Jays be better off.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I would expect Martin to be the long term option in CF.

I'm thinking the same thing that Martin probably becomes that elusive center fielder. The depth that's being built in Toronto is impressive. The issue will be whether they can keep everyone once they all hit their prime or if they become a future Cleveland and just keep dealing everyone away once they reach a point where they know they're going to make big bucks.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Has Martin signed? If people had him at 2nd overall and decided to go back to university and enter the draft next year, would he go higher or lower than 5? Would it be very dumb of him to reenter since the Jays will probably offer him a fair offer/the outlook of the team looks solid?

As for me, being an Astros fan, I'm excited about Alex Santos. Said he's leaning towards signing. So potentially from a Yankees fan to a Astros prospect.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Has Martin signed? If people had him at 2nd overall and decided to go back to university and enter the draft next year, would he go higher or lower than 5? Would it be very dumb of him to reenter since the Jays will probably offer him a fair offer/the outlook of the team looks solid?

As for me, being an Astros fan, I'm excited about Alex Santos. Said he's leaning towards signing. So potentially from a Yankees fan to a Astros prospect.

It would be very dumb to return to school.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I love the Cardinals draft, and it looks like they'll sign all of their prospects (all have signed except for Bedell). Three excellent high-schoolers with high upside, while risky, will be excellent if even one of them pans out. They then took solid, safe picks that signed low slot (except for Bedell, who could've easily gone top two because of his pitchability, and we apparently have an agreement with him).

We also signed eight undrafted free agents to add to the seven we drafted.

All in all, it's good to be a Cards fan! :D

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad