Golf: 2020 Masters Tournament - November 12-15

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rahm could be -9 maybe -10 here playing the par 5 just before the stoppage

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They should give us a shot of how dark it really is there.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
The final 8 holes are gonna determine whether Tiger can realistically contend to defend his green jacket. If he can get to anywhere from 6-under to 8-under, he'll be right in the mix.

Just like last year, the leaderboard is absolutely PACKEDDDD!!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I went back through the prior years Masters to see what the winning score will probably be this year. It’s usually an extra 4-6 than the leading score after two rounds, so it’s probably going to take at least 13-15 this year. Occasionally, it’s been less than that, but that’s usually only in a year where the course is playing extremely difficult or when someone has a big lead and is playing defense of that lead.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I think with how bunched up it is and with how many guys are at the top, we might see something like -18 or -19 winning it if one of the leaders pulls away a bit.

Rory now -9 over his last 27 holes. What a weird player.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think with how bunched up it is and with how many guys are at the top, we might see something like -18 or -19 winning it if one of the leaders pulls away a bit.

Rory now -9 over his last 27 holes. What a weird player.

No one shot -10 the first two rounds when it was softer. I doubt anyone shoots -10 during the final two rounds when the course is more difficult. I guess we’ll see though. DJ is four under through four today. Maybe he’ll hit that today before he even gets to tomorrow.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Even if he somehow shoots 7 under and goes to -16 which he probably won’t he would have to hope none of those guys at 9 or 10 under go 3 or 4 under today. That’s the worst part of having a monster day when 10-15 players are on your tail to start. Someone is likely going to closely keep pace with you

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I sort of LOL’d on the replay they just showed of the opening tee off. There is no doubt Player got a massively bigger cheer than Jack did which is the complete opposite of what normally occurs there no matter who the other guy is.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If DJ doesn’t win, this would be his biggest collapse yet. I don’t think anyone else can win it. Only he can lose it by playing poorly tomorrow.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If DJ doesn’t win, this would be his biggest collapse yet. I don’t think anyone else can win it. Only he can lose it by playing poorly tomorrow.

JT and Smith would be the only two I feel could run off like a -4 or -5. Ancer just doesn’t putt that well and Im is a kid at 22. It’s going to be fairly breezy tomorrow. I wouldn’t be surprised if 67-68 is the best score and if only 1-2 players total shoot that

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
JT and Smith would be the only two I feel could run off like a -4 or -5. Ancer just doesn’t putt that well and Im is a kid at 22. It’s going to be fairly breezy tomorrow. I wouldn’t be surprised if 67-68 is the best score and if only 1-2 players total shoot that

I don’t think Smith has much of a chance. I can’t see someone who hasn’t really contended in a major winning the Masters in their first time contending in a major. That almost never happens. JT is six back. I usually say five is in it going into the final round, but not six. If DJ shoots +2/+3, it’s a different story, and a lot of players are now in it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Dustin leads the field in Greens in reg and prox. to hole, so like pb said unless he really chokes he's gonna win it with how he's playing. do not mind him getting a green jacket at all.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The only thing missing from DJ's case as one of the best players ever is a couple breaks going his way in past majors.

I do find it funny in a kind of sick way how many different ways he's come up short in the past, but he really is way too good a player to be stuck at 1 major. He's due.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is almost too cool to be true. DJ’s been compared to Norman his whole career in a back-handed way, and now Norman helps him with his golf game.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
DJ looks like he found the woods right out of the gate off 1. The fog and clouds should delay the wind til maybe the final 6/8 holes. That definitely gives him less of a window to make mistakes as he would be more catchable

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weak start for Dustin. He'll bring others back into this. Can any of the chasing pack get to -16? I'm not sure any of them can. They've had a really weak start, except for Smith. Rory has started pretty well, but likely nowhere good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->