26. Aatu Jamsen, F - 22.9%
27. Matthew Villalta, G - 47.6%
28. Ben Meehan, D - 45.7%
29. Andre Lee, F - 30.4%
30. Austin Strand, D - 31.4%
31. Juho Markkanen, G - 32.4%
32. Mikey Eyssimont, F - 30.2%

Nobody else to add!

But let's complete this list and talk prospect!

Token

May 15, 2019
But let's complete this list and talk prospect!

Can I tempt you into a follow up classifier for; Blue-Chip, A, B, C, and D level prospects?

BC - Star Player/Franchise Player
A - Top pair/Top 6/Starter 1A/B
B - Top 4/ Mid 6/Backup
C - Bottom pair/Bottom 6/Emergency Backup
D - AHL/ECHL lifer

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I'm wondering if any team in the league would be willing to give us a 1st round pick in exchange for the bottom half of our 40 prospects....i.e., #21 - #40 ..... Would it be worth it? They'd be getting Chromiak & Durzi & Moverare, et. al. while we'd be getting greater manageability through halving our prospect pool so as to not let some potential 30-goal scorer slip away for merely a 5th rounder (or less!).

If you were managing a team with a bare cupboard for prospect depth, would you do it? For a handful of NHL teams, a guy like Chromiak would be listed in their top 5. I'm just sayin'......

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm wondering if any team in the league would be willing to give us a 1st round pick in exchange for the bottom half of our 40 prospects....i.e., #21 - #40 ..... Would it be worth it? They'd be getting Chromiak & Durzi & Moverare, et. al. while we'd be getting greater manageability through halving our prospect pool so as to not let some potential 30-goal scorer slip away for merely a 5th rounder (or less!).

If you were managing a team with a bare cupboard for prospect depth, would you do it? For a handful of NHL teams, a guy like Chromiak would be listed in their top 5. I'm just sayin'......

Chromiak and Durzi are alright but no one is going to trade their first round pick for them. No one else listed after 20 are of significance, and Chromiak fell to the fifth round. Someone might trade a second for Durzi and Chromiak, but I doubt it.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Chromiak and Durzi are alright but no one is going to trade their first round pick for them. No one else listed after 20 are of significance, and Chromiak fell to the fifth round. Someone might trade a second for Durzi and Chromiak, but I doubt it.

Not even Seattle (no prospects) or Pittsburgh (currently, worst prospects in the league)...? There's at least a couple very decent goaltending prospects in there, a defenseman with NHL experience (Brickley), plus a few guys with size (Lee & Sodergran & Strand). It might be worth it!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not even Seattle (no prospects) or Pittsburgh (currently, worst prospects in the league)...? There's at least a couple very decent goaltending prospects in there, a defenseman with NHL experience (Brickley), plus a few guys with size (Lee & Sodergran & Strand). It might be worth it!!!

They're not going to trade a higher-value mystery box for our lower-pick mystery box.

Once the Kings find out what they have in these guys it's almost certain some will be shopped since there just isn't enough space. If Chromiak, for example, is a steal of a 5th and we can't find a spot for him, then maybe someone takes him for a higher pick. But if I'm a GM, why would I gamble a high pick on someone I could have had 4 or more times for free?

I get what you're saying in that teams can start to target specific needs and we have an excess so it makes sense that we'd have something to offer. I just think you're overvaluing our lotto tickets.

Token

May 15, 2019
I’m pretty sure Luc and Dave Taylor would be chuckling just about now on this nonsense ...

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019

Am I reading this right? You're suggesting a 20 for 1 deal?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Can I tempt you into a follow up classifier for; Blue-Chip, A, B, C, and D level prospects?

BC - Star Player/Franchise Player
A - Top pair/Top 6/Starter 1A/B
B - Top 4/ Mid 6/Backup
C - Bottom pair/Bottom 6/Emergency Backup
D - AHL/ECHL lifer

I'd be happy to, but could you clarify?

Do you mean have a poll on where the cutoff is for each? Or were you asking my personal opinions?

Token

May 15, 2019
I'd be happy to, but could you clarify?

Do you mean have a poll on where the cutoff is for each? Or were you asking my personal opinions?
Oh, definitely both, but the intent was to involve the hive mind in nitpicking if Björnfot and Turcotte are just A or Blue Chip ;)

Reactions: King'sPawn

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Am I reading this right? You're suggesting a 20 for 1 deal?
I think he's just spitballin. I do think we are likely to trade away some these Forwards. We have too many. If we play better than expected next year,I wouldn't be surprised if we move a couple in a deal for a top 4 D-man.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
I think he's just spitballin. I do think we are likely to trade away some these Forwards. We have too many. If we play better than expected next year,I wouldn't be surprised if we move a couple in a deal for a top 4 D-man.
Even so, teams have contract limits.

If even a reasonable deal was to be had, I don't think any team not named Seattle could take on more than three contracts without sending some back

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
But we already traded away Brad Morrison!

Reactions: BlackMetalED

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

Would you take 20 pennies for a dollar?

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Would you take 20 pennies for a dollar?

LoL, is that dollar from the top 5 of the bushell of dollars, or the bottom 5? How shiny are the pennies? Is one or more of the pennies actually copper-plated gold? Is the dollar from Zimbabwe? Are we underwater?

And I REALLY hate when I put forth some sort of analogy and some smart@ss immediately claims it's a "bad analogy" and then proceeds to "splain" to me why it's a "bad analogy" ......so I'll do no splainin'......but, yeah, I will say........ BAD ANALOGY!!!

Remember when Vegas came into the league and immediately became the runner-up for the Stanley Cup? That made them pick 2nd to last in the 1st round. If I was the GM of a brand new team, a team with almost zero prospect depth, and had to pick 2nd to last in the 1st round, getting 20 guys instead of 1 would be real, real attractive to me......

BTW.....Vegas did, indeed, end up trading their 2nd-to-last 1st round pick that year!!!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You guys think 20 John Zeilers are worth a David Pastrnak or Claude Giroux or Corey Perry?

Also funny that the resident clown doesn't acknowledge that Vegas dealt the 30th pick in 2018 for a player who was eventually flipped for Max Pacioretty, and that player, Tomas Tatar, just scored 61 points in 68 games. How does that equate to trading a late first round pick for a pile of garbage?

I feel like you have to bang your head against the wall repeatedly in order to make sense of Basilisk's posts.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
I am definitely not a Kings fan, just checked on this thread because I have some prospects from my sim team in this list.

My first thought was "holy crap"
Well thank you!

Since there is not much else to talk about, do you agree with this fan generated list?
Would you move certain players up or down?
Is there one you would move in an L shape, like the knight in chess?

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
LoL, is that dollar from the top 5 of the bushell of dollars, or the bottom 5? How shiny are the pennies? Is one or more of the pennies actually copper-plated gold? Is the dollar from Zimbabwe? Are we underwater?

And I REALLY hate when I put forth some sort of analogy and some smart@ss immediately claims it's a "bad analogy" and then proceeds to "splain" to me why it's a "bad analogy" ......so I'll do no splainin'......but, yeah, I will say........ BAD ANALOGY!!!

Remember when Vegas came into the league and immediately became the runner-up for the Stanley Cup? That made them pick 2nd to last in the 1st round. If I was the GM of a brand new team, a team with almost zero prospect depth, and had to pick 2nd to last in the 1st round, getting 20 guys instead of 1 would be real, real attractive to me......

BTW.....Vegas did, indeed, end up trading their 2nd-to-last 1st round pick that year!!!

There might not be a single person in the entire world that agrees with you, which is really impressive.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Oh, definitely both, but the intent was to involve the hive mind in nitpicking if Björnfot and Turcotte are just A or Blue Chip ;)

I can probably figure out a poll on where we cut off the tiers. I'll wait till the list is complete!

Reactions: Token

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->