Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread every day until we have determined the top 20 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:
1. Rasmus Sandin -- 48.4%
2. Nicholas Robertson -- 83.5%
3. Timothy Liljegren -- 53.8%
4. Rod Iron Amirov -- 94.3%

Mac Hollowell
Filip Kral
Yegor Korshkov
Filip Hallander
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Nick Abruzzese
Joey Anderson
Mikko Kokkonen
Roni Hirvonen
Topi Niemela
Mikhail Abramov
Joe Woll

Ian Scott
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Semyon Kizimov
Joe Duszak
Justin Brazeau
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen
Artur Akhtyamov
William Villeneuve
Dmitri Ovechkinov (I like this better)
Joe Miller
Wyatt Schingoethe
Ryan Tverberg
Axell Rindell
Veeti Miettinen
John Fusco

Prospect Info: - 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #1
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #3
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #4

Suggest who I should add next, and who needs to be removed. :D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I went with Filip Hallander here.

Just turned 20 here and is already playing significant minutes in the SHL.

Reactions: Morgs

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Not sure I agree with Anderson being on the list, but he's kind of in that grey area between player/prospect. If he's part of the poll he should get major consideration starting now. WCJ captain and strong producer, went pro after sophomore year, strong AHL production and looks NHL ready with a strong, high enery two way game.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Not sure I agree with Anderson being on the list, but he's kind of in that grey area between player/prospect. If he's part of the poll he should get major consideration starting now. WCJ captain and strong producer, went pro after sophomore year, strong AHL production and looks NHL ready with a strong, high enery two way game.
I like Anderson more than Hallander tbh, but I have Abramov above them both due to potential

Reactions: Morgs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

I could argue myself into knots trying to order this group, pretty much drawing straws.

These are my thoughts exactly.

I think he might get a little undervalued in these polls, but I have him and Hallander basically tied for 6th (I literally switched them again after posting, that's why my post said it was edited) with Hallander taking it for me solely due to being 2 years younger. I think they both have middle-6 upside, both crushed(ing) pro leagues at young ages.

For me it comes down to age/production in the age group.

Korshkov is crushing the KHL, but he's also 2 years older than anyone else on that list.

Abruzzese had a fantastic freshman season in the NCAA, but he's also 2 years older than most freshman and that should've been his D+3 or Junior season.

Niemela/Hirvonen were the best two draft season eligibles in the Liiga. Abramov is one of the best players in the entire Q.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Thank God we have Dubas drafting instead of Hunter. I don't miss the days where we were watching Rasanen, Middleton, and Mattinen duke it out for these spots (hyperbole but you get the point)

Reactions: Walshy7

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Between Abramov and Hallander for me ... I’ll go Abramov. I’d bump Akhtyamov up.

Also, what’s the criteria for considering someone a prospect? Joey Anderson seems like a borderline case, as he hasn’t yet become a true full time NHLer, but he’s also not Calder eligible.

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
A lot of close guys here, but I’m going with Abramov.
Killing it and overproducing with so little help. Ok size and wheels. Plus he’s shinier and newer.
HM to Korshkov who’s probably an established leaf if not for injury and Hallander.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I'm probably sleeping on Abramov because I just don't know enough about him. Looks like he's lighting it up though.
I'm still going with Korshkov here because it looks increasingly likely he'll be a 6'4 power winger who can score. Tasty.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->