Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread every day until we have determined the top 20 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:
1. Rasmus Sandin -- 48.4%
2. Nicholas Robertson -- 83.5%

Mac Hollowell
Timothy Liljegren
Rodion Amirov
Yegor Korshkov
Filip Hallander
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Nick Abruzzese
Joey Anderson
Mikko Kokkonen
Roni Hirvonen
Topi Niemela
Mikhail Abramov
Joe Woll

Filip Kral
Ian Scott
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Semyon Kizimov
Joe Duszak
Justin Brazeau
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen
Artur Akhtyamov
William Villeneuve
Dmitri Ovechkinov (I like this better)
Joe Miller
Wyatt Schingoethe
Ryan Tverberg
Axell Rindell
Veeti Miettinen
John Fusco

Prospect Info: - 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #1

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Suggest who I should add next, and who needs to be removed. :D

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Joey Anderson has played 52 games over 2 seasons. I wouldn't call him a prospect anymore. Engvall has less and I assume we're not including him either.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Voted for Rodion - High ceiling and high floor (sorry for the cliche) prospect.

Runner up is Liljegren - The evolution is something to behold. Never expected to see him progress like this.

Honorable mentions for Hirvonen and Abramov. I have to say that Hirvonen looks super slick. That's a high potential pick. Could be a Bracco, or something special.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Amirov might be our best prospect anyway, so he would be the best out of what's left here.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
My top 10

1. Sandin
2. Robertson
3. Lilijgren
4. Amirov
5. Hallinder
6. Abramov
7. Hirovanen
8. Korshkov
9. Abruzze
10. Niemela

HM: Scott, Woll, Kokkonen, Kral, Kara

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Amirov. A lot of people are going to be very disappointed with Liljegren if they view him this highly

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Liljegren. I've seen him play both with the Marlies and during his Leafs stint. I do think he can be great. Really great.
I just have no idea if it'll happen.

I remember when Stu Percy was playing his 4 games and I was watching the American broadcast. The commentators were gushing over him, how the Leafs got a 1st round steal who would be a quality all around top-4 for many years in the league. Then he fell off a cliff. Stu had a ton of potential, even if it's easy to forget and think of him as a bad pick in hindsight. I do think Liljegren is just better, and I hope he has a long NHL career. I'd just say at this moment, I feel more confident that Sandin will achieve it, even if I still think Liljegren can end up being the best of the two.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Liljegren. I've seen him play both with the Marlies and during his Leafs stint. I do think he can be great. Really great.
I just have no idea if it'll happen.

I remember when Stu Percy was playing his 4 games and I was watching the American broadcast. The commentators were gushing over him, how the Leafs got a 1st round steal who would be a quality all around top-4 for many years in the league. Then he fell off a cliff. Stu had a ton of potential, even if it's easy to forget and think of him as a bad pick in hindsight. I do think Liljegren is just better, and I hope he has a long NHL career. I'd just say at this moment, I feel more confident that Sandin will achieve it, even if I still think Liljegren can end up being the best of the two.

Percy suffered an ankle injury that pretty much killed his career. He was never the best skater (which is one major difference between him and Liljegren) and that ankle injury just made it impossible. His overall IQ and puck moving ability was good enough for the NHL though.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Prospect Rankings (1997-2002)
1. RD Timothy Liljegren – 1999 – AHL
2. LD Rasmus Sandin – 2000 – AHL
3. LW Nicolas Robertson – 2001 – OHL
4. LW Rodion Amirov – 2001 – KHL
5. RW Joey Anderson – 1998 – AHL
6. RD Topi Niemela – 2002 – Liiga
7. C/LW Roni Hirvonen – 2002 – Liiga
8. LD/RD Mikko Kokkonen – 2001 – Liiga
9. C/RW Mikhail Abramov – 2001 – QMJHL
10. LW Filip Hallander – 2000 – SHL
11. G Joseph Woll – 1998 – AHL
12. RD William Villeneuve – 2002 – QMJHL
13. LW/C Nick Abruzzese – 1999 – NCAA
14. G Ian Scott – 1999 – ECHL
15. C Semyon Der-Arguchintsev – 2000 – AHL
16. RW Veeti Miettinen – 2001 - NCAA
17. RD Mac Hollowell – 1998 – AHL
18. LD/RD Filip Kral – 1999 – AHL
19. LD Michael Koster – 2001 – NCAA
20. RD Eemeli Rasanen – 1999 – Liiga
21. LD J.D. Greenway – 1998 - NCAA
22. C/LW Wyatt Schingoethe – 2002 – USHL
23. C/LW/RW Pontus Holmberg – 1999 – SHL
24. LD Kristians Rubins – 1997 – AHL
25. RW/LW Dmitri Ovichinnikov – 2002 – KHL
26. C Joe Miller – 2002 - USHL
27. C Ryan Tverberg – 2002 - OJHL
28. G Artur Akhtyamov – 2001 – KHL
29. RW/LW Vladislav Kara – 1998 – KHL
30. RD Axel Rindell – 2000 – Liiga
31. RW Semyon Kizimov – 2000 – KHL
32. RD Joseph Duszak – 1997 – AHL
33. LD Ryan O’Connell – 1999 – NCAA
34. LW/RW Nikolai Chebykin – 1997 - KHL
35. LW/RW Vladimir Bobylev – 1997 - KHL

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I voted for Liljegren. He's young, he's had some injuries. But, he's progressing like he should be a 2-3 defense first defenseman in his prime. One is a #17 pick who fell, the other a #15 pick who came up a couple spots. I'd give it to Liljegren now and then check in a year from now and see if there have been any major swings in development.

I would just like to say that I did a prospect list post Johnsson trade/draft and the list is insanity.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Amirov. I'm a fan of Liljegren and think he's developing just fine. I don't see Liljegren as a potential top pair guy, and while I think Amirov is likely to be a very good skilled top 6 winger, I do feel he has a chance to become a star. That's the separation for me here.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I think all 4 of the top guys are interchangeable, but I'm going to go with Liljegren because of his great defensive growth. The ability to work on your game and round it out that much at a young age bodes well for his future especially when we have seen he can be good offensively already. Big fan of Lillys.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Amirov easily for me.

Liljegren is entering his draft + 4 season, and to me doesn’t look too close to being an NHLer. Could easily take another couple years for him to make it, and I think there’s a good chance he tops out as a bottom pairing dman. He skilled, but he doesn’t process the game quickly, and that’s a deadly flaw for a dman.

Honestly, after Amirov, I might go Abramov over Liljegren.

Add Joey Anderson.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Amirov easily for me.

Liljegren is entering his draft + 4 season, and to me doesn’t look too close to being an NHLer. Could easily take another couple years for him to make it, and I think there’s a good chance he tops out as a bottom pairing dman. He skilled, but he doesn’t process the game quickly, and that’s a deadly flaw for a dman.

Honestly, after Amirov, I might go Abramov over Liljegren.

Add Joey Anderson.
Interesting take. He was the Marlies best dman last year (dare I say best Marlie?), and had a very good year. Saying it's his +4 D year, seems like you're making it a negative; he's only 21, and will be for the majority of next season. The team was playing some bad hockey when he got called up, not sure I'd use his very short stint as a detriment to his future. I don't mind people voting Amirov - as either could go here.

Reactions: Morgs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->