Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread every day until we have determined the top 20 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:
1. Rasmus Sandin -- 48.4%
2. Nicholas Robertson -- 83.5%
3. Timothy Liljegren -- 53.8%
4. Rod Iron Amirov -- 94.3%
5. Mikhail Abramov -- 36.5%
6. Filip Hallander -- 32.4%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 47.2%
T-8. Joey Anderson -- 27.7%
T-8. Nick Abruzzese -- 27.7%
10. Roni Hirvonen -- 45.6%
11. Topi Niemela -- 40.7%
12. Mikko Kokkonen -- 42.6%

Mac Hollowell
Filip Kral
Adam Brooks
Ian Scott
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Dmitri Ovechkinov
Artur Ahktyamov

Veeti Miettinen
Joe Duszak
Pontus Holmberg
William Villeneuve
Joe Woll

JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Semyon Kizimov
Justin Brazeau
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen
Joe Miller
Wyatt Schingoethe
Ryan Tverberg
Axell Rindell
John Fusco

Prospect Info: - 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #1
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #3
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #4
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #5
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2020-leafs-board-prospect-rankings-6.2785116/
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #7
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #8
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #10

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #12

Suggest who I should add next, and who needs to be removed. :D

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Went Kral here. But Brooks and Woll were also considerations. Brooks has made the NHL, and while maybe the upside isn't there, I do have to factor in floor sometimes. Woll had a rough year, but leading up to it there was a lot of success. I think he still has what it takes to at least make it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
SDA and Kral should be the next two to go.

Goalies almost need to be fully separated.

Reactions: Insidefi

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Woll.

Goalies, while hard to judge are getting massively underrated here.
Yep but they are a huge gamble so kinda makes sense.

Woll may take longer but he has those special skills when/if he gets it he should be a Binner with more size. But could be 2-4 more years.

Scott should get there faster as he has a pro game already but we will see what his upside is i think more like a Dell/backup type.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Going Villeneuve here as I wanted him as early as the 3rd round. Been a slow start for him this year offensively, but heard good things defensively. Expecting to be voting this way for a few rounds at least.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
SDA
Hollowell
Holmberg
Miettinen
Villeneuve
Kral
Ovchinnikov
Brooks

these are still some pretty nice prospects for the 13-20 range

2lY.gif

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
SDA is kind of garbage ... hes like a 7.0 F

put the goalie next to differentiate the gigantic dropoff after kokkonen

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Went Kral again

SDA needs to prove a lot in the AHL. His production has been up and down since being drafted and his playstyle really doesnt paint a clear picture on what role he would play on the leafs.

He needs to show he has a high motor and can be engaged center at the AHL level. Needs to show he isnt the next bracco and can play with a structured system without being a liabilty

Another young guy who I like but probably wont be a NHL player is duszak. He seems terrible in his own zone but as a 22 year old last year had 18 pts in 23 games. Is undersized but if his offensive game translates to the NHL level and he tightens up defensively even a bit I could see him being similar to a connor Clifton level player at the nhl level. Long shot but a guy the leafs should on to

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
At this point, all of the remaining prospects are quite unlikely to be impact NHLers. However, I think Ahktyamov has a shot, more than the others - I’ll happily take a boom/bust guy at this point in the ranking. Ahktyamov for me.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Pretty tough call, really....it’s a whole new tier of upside v. floor.
Upside guys:
Hollowell is a niche D who needs to step it up some to carve a role in the NHL, Kral has progressed nicely, and decent size and plays both sides, and Villeneuve is seen as a good two-way project. At F, SDA has the best single tool of the remaining guys (NHL) vision/passing) but needs to find something more, and Miettinen has top 6W potential, with Ovchinnikov being a potential sleeper/riser. All the G’s have their element of intrigue.
Floor guys:
Brooks has put in his time, and could conceivably play 200 NHL games as a utility c/lw. Holmberg the same, but as a winger. Duszak’s got offence and wheels and could Pysyk. I have the same hope for Kara, versatile, good size.
Miettinen for me, on a hunch; Woll my runner up on a Hope.

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
I'd be pretty shocked if SDA develops into anything decent, he is skilled but very weak production in the OHL and I think he's going to struggle mightily in the KHL.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I figure at #13 it's not a huge leap to go with our best goalie prospect, voodoo or not. Which goalie that is, is a matter of opinion of course.With the Russian kid just being drafted and Scott not playing last year it's pretty much Woll by default. He did let in several soft goals but also made many spectacular saves so , to me, he just needs a lot of reps and good coaching. Goaltending is a huge key to winning cups so it's Woll at #13 for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad