Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'm no longer going to vote in these polls. I'll be honest, I don't know much about the remaining names, some not at all.

The guys I know the best are Woll, Scott, and Brooks. And what I do know is that I don't really expect any of the three to matter much at the NHL level. Always happy to be wrong on that, but it's what I've seen.

Reactions: Morgs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Our list is no where close to the Athletics.

Kloke posted the Leafs prospect rankings this morning

Top 5:
1. Sandin
2. Roberston
3. Kokkonen
- "I believe Kokkonen is going to be an NHL player one day, and so does nearly every person I talk to about his game", also apparently an A on in a mens league at 19
4. Amirov
5. Lilly

I mean, I like Kokkonen as much as the next guy but 3rd over Amirov and Liljegren? Lmao his reasoning:

But apparently Liljegren "if he gets more games with the Leafs, he’s still going to have to show signs of progression soon-ish to even establish himself as a bottom-pair guy". Another f***ing guy essentially writing off a 21 year old defenseman that he even mentioned was the "go to guy" in the AHL for the Marlies lmao. It's like he's one of the few writers that actually gets Liljegren was elite in the AHL, and then looks at an 11 game sample size in the NHL and almost completely writes him off. It legit feels like he mixed up Liljegren and Kokkonen's names tbh.

Sure he's "improving", but he clearly doesn't dominate possession, he's almost anemic offensively, and from reports this season I've read "he looks lost". Obviously his team is trash and they don't use rel.stats on the Liiga website, but here's my best attempt at getting some context:

KokkonenGPCF%OZS%Jukurit CF%
Draft5642.640.2 (2nd lowest)45.5
D+13942.743.7 (3rd lowest)46.4
D+2644.343.1 (5th lowest)38.6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Other than a SSS this season his CF% is lower than his teams in every season meaning his team seems to be giving up more shot attempts when he's on the ice than not. Obviously it's not perfect as he plays into Jukurit's numbers and idk why he's in such a defensive role as a 18/19 year old, but still. I'm not trying to bash the guy, I'm just shocked someone has him above Liljegren.

For comparison: Rindell had a 51.7% in his D+2 and was on the same team (38.8% this year). Niemela had a 53% in his draft year as a full-time bottom pairing guy on one of the best teams in the league.

that's one of the worst rankings I've ever seen
I read it and didn't notice he had Kokkonen 3rd. I misread it as Kokkonen 4th. That makes it worse
I get Sandin, Robertson and Amirov as ahead of Lilly, but Kokkonen? Like pick someone that somewhat makes sense like Hallander, Abramov even Abruzzese. I'm still a big fan of Kokkonen but there is no way his stock has went up. I know he's on a awful team, and you can't fully judge his underlying numbers yet, but it's now a trend his numbers are in the drain.
Kloke's articles are pretty decent so not sure what this was about.
Hayes could have made better rankings.

Reactions: Morgs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm no longer going to vote in these polls. I'll be honest, I don't know much about the remaining names, some not at all.

The guys I know the best are Woll, Scott, and Brooks. And what I do know is that I don't really expect any of the three to matter much at the NHL level. Always happy to be wrong on that, but it's what I've seen.
I have given up on trying to predict goalers. I always thought Binner was a great goaler as a kid in G the few times I watched him play. But then he sucked in minors for quite a long time. Why? He was always an aggressive athletic goaler who was amazing 1 on 1. But it took him 4-5 years to figure out he can't challenge guys in pro 1 on 1 all da time. There is a learning curve to understand when to go into beast challenge mode and when to play da pass. Pro guys shoot and pass to well. Now playing on a tight defensive defense which cover da pass guy helps a guy like Binner who tends to want to go 1 on 1. But those kinda goalers who have played on weaker teams who have had loads of pressure on them from an early age are the ones I would bet on myself. This is what we get from Woll. An athletic goaler with size who tends to go 1 on 1 in beast mode. He is truly spectacular on breakaways. Da best we have today. We won't know where we are truly at maybe for 3-4 years and he may flop. But he could break out and figure things out faster too. It really comes down to how much goalie smarts he can learn with more reps. I hope da Russian kid we just drafted is same type. Da reason I am not as big on Scott is he is your typical big well positioned well schooled goaler. More like a Freddy but many less reps. He could make it too but maybe not a guy who can carry you to a Cup. I prefer bigger faster more aggressive 1 on 1 guys who can make da big save on lesser teams and hope they learn ropes in pro.

Reactions: qqaz

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
SDA is most pure skilled guy we have today in our system ... but like Bracco will he ever make it? ... we will see but small skilled centre ... he needs to keep developing as we need to have a Tavares replacement type in 2/3 years ... you never know ... but nothing has changed from last year on his skill level ... he needs to push harder to get even faster and break through
Bracco had other distractions. SDA at least has his head screwed on right. He seems to want it badly.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad