WJC: 2020 IIHF WM U20 D2B in Gangneung, KOREA (28.01. - 03.02.2020.)

Who will be promoted to D2A?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Yeah, not even that suprised, China was playing better than their results say.

Croatia can defenitely win against Korea but I don't really see that happening.

No way we can win, they are faster and stronger.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, so far, Korea is just better, this doesn't look like it could be a close game.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Yes, agreed, they're often a step behind. Only the Canic/Selitaj line can kind of keep it up..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, you guys really talked Troha up but he wasn't impressive at all in this tournament...

I was somewhat surprised the goal wasn't empty by the time Koreans scored 4th but it didn't matter.

watchsmart

Feb 3, 2020
With Croatia needing the regulation win I thought they would have pulled the goalie real early. Odd.

Yeah, you guys really talked Troha up but he wasn't impressive at all in this tournament...

I was somewhat surprised the goal wasn't empty by the time Koreans scored 4th but it didn't matter.

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
Final standings:

1. Korea - 15 pts - PROMOTED
Netherlands - 9 pts
China - 9 pts
Croatia - 9 pts
Belgium - 3 pts
Israel - 0 pts - RELEGATED

Congrats to Korea!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
With Croatia needing the regulation win I thought they would have pulled the goalie real early. Odd.
Sometimes in these kind of situations the goal difference is somewhat important deciding what place you finish in but not in this case, Croatia needed at least one goal no matter what.

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
Sometimes in these kind of situations the goal difference is somewhat important deciding what place you finish in but not in this case, Croatia needed at least one goal no matter what.

We even had possession of the puck in their defensive zone, very strange decision...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
We even had possession of the puck in their defensive zone, very strange decision...
Yeah, exactly, the zone was entered and all that. It seems to me like the coach didn't really do the math/think what he would do in such circumstances. Again, I would understand not pulling goalie if Croatians had some kind of medal in their pocket, you don't want to take it away from the guys just for one in a million chance you can score 2 in a minute. But they needed at least 1 goal for anything, that's just bad-ish coaching. He either didn't realize what was happening or didn't communicate with the team before/during the game what the scenario in such circumstances would be.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Is this still the highest position China U20 has ever finished in yearly world rankings?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Appears to be so. I mean it makes sense considering they started putting in so much more effort into hockey than ever before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad