WJC: 2020 IIHF WM U20 D2B in Gangneung, KOREA (28.01. - 03.02.2020.)

Who will be promoted to D2A?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I just can't see how we can beat anyone but Israel, even against them we had trouble last year (only 2:1) win. We are just bad bad team. I am afraid of some double digit losses, hopefully we can avoid them as Troha is having solid season in NA3HL.

My prediction

1.Korea
2.China
3.Netherlands
4.Belgium
5.Croatia
6.Israel

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Looking at Chinese roster, they have Canada based players in key positions, they a goalie and star striker from BCHL, they should survive in 2B this time around if not aim for medals. Then again hard to tell how useful are the players from MHL and Czech third tier where their respective teams get crushed on daily basis...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looking at Chinese roster, they have Canada based players in key positions, they a goalie and star striker from BCHL, they should survive in 2B this time around if not aim for medals. Then again hard to tell how useful are the players from MHL and Czech third tier where their respective teams get crushed on daily basis...
They should aim for gold, in my opinion. They finished 2nd in U18 without their Canadian boys, can't really see the reason for them to dip below that here... Medals are pretty much guaranteed as Belgium, Croatia or Israel really won't mount a serious challenge. The Netherlands are definitely beatable and Korea is a mystery team but I can't imagine their skill level would be that much above the Chinese one.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
They should aim for gold, in my opinion. They finished 2nd in U18 without their Canadian boys, can't really see the reason for them to dip below that here... Medals are pretty much guaranteed as Belgium, Croatia or Israel really won't mount a serious challenge. The Netherlands are definitely beatable and Korea is a mystery team but I can't imagine their skill level would be that much above the Chinese one.

I recall their silver being rather flukey outcome, so I was cowardly hesitant to be so bold in predictions. :D

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I just can't see how we can beat anyone but Israel, even against them we had trouble last year (only 2:1) win. We are just bad bad team. I am afraid of some double digit losses, hopefully we can avoid them as Troha is having solid season in NA3HL.

My prediction

1.Korea
2.China
3.Netherlands
4.Belgium
5.Croatia
6.Israel
Why isn't Ivan Puzic working?

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
IIHF still lacking the rosters, their tournament site is the usual mess with zero informations...

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Rosters are usually published on the day the tournament starts, so sometime in the next 24 hours. ;)

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Rosters are usually published on the day the tournament starts, so sometime in the next 24 hours. ;)

No they're usually a lot earlier, without the late nominees of course. But even they must be named before (I think 2 days) the tournament starts.

Not a single roster published 14 hours before the first game is amateur level organization..

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Thanks, it doesn't look too competitive to be honest, Troha will have to keep them alive. A quick look says Zanoff, Burazin, Dmitrijevic are missing.

Zanoff can't come because of school, Burazin is at odds with one of the coaches so he declined, Dimitrijevic is, reportedly, suspended from NT because of his off ice behaviour.

Reactions: swissexpert

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
No they're usually a lot earlier, without the late nominees of course. But even they must be named before (I think 2 days) the tournament starts.

Not a single roster published 14 hours before the first game is amateur level organization..
No. He is right...

Rosters are usually announced to the public even weeks in advance. But coaches have until the night before an event to file final official rosters with the IIHF and they always take every bit of that time.

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
No. He is right...

Rosters are usually announced to the public even weeks in advance. But coaches have until the night before an event to file final official rosters with the IIHF and they always take every bit of that time.

You can add players even during the tournament if you leave free spots on the roster.

At the first Directorate meeting, the teams must name at least the minimum number of 15 skaters and 2 goalkeepers.

BTW, rosters are now online.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
It's good for teams like the Netherlands and their Tilburg players situation...
Isreal doing the same?! Are they waiting for someone or why have they nominsted only half a roster? And not a good one either, they will get crushed...

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I like our #15, big, solid skater, triple underager...

But I expected better Israel, last year they gave us some trouble as we won 2:1 barely.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I like our #15, big, solid skater, triple underager...

But I expected better Israel, last year they gave us some trouble as we won 2:1 barely.
Yeah with 51-10 shots or something :D

That's not even the same sport they're playing, Israel getting crushed as expected.

But they at least updated yesterday's 14 man roster and included Halpert etc. So it looks like they're kinda trying...

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Yeah with 51-10 shots or something :D

That's not even the same sport they're playing, Israel getting crushed as expected.

But they at least updated yesterday's 14 man roster and included Halpert etc. So it looks like they're kinda trying...

You mean last year ? Yeah, SOG was heavily into our favour but game still looked way more equal than this.

And here it goes SO for Troha...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->