Red Sox/MLB 2020 Hot Stove VIII - Mookie and Price to the Dodgers ( developing )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There is an innate human reaction to those types of things and letting it happen without intervening while letting someone film it tells me all I need to know about the make up of that person. Pass. Also please tell me he wasn't the player that shared it on snapchat
He was 17 not 27 like Tyreek Hill or Adrien Peterson beating children

bad is bad but won’t stop me from going or supporting them

hopefully this gets me nice cheap box seats

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
To be fair, those sports are becoming unwatchable all on their own.
I only watch shows and listen to music I’m certain everyone is exemplary

I was worried during the 10 years or whatever waiting for the Final season of GoT one of the characters would be arrested for a bad crime

Reactions: LouJersey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He was 17 not 27 like Tyreek Hill or Adrien Peterson beating children

bad is bad but won’t stop me from going or supporting them

hopefully this gets me nice cheap box seats

Age to me means nothing in these cases...normal 17 year olds steal their dads liquor or cut school, not watch two girls beat up a drunk girl while being caught on film as being there and sharing it on social media (if that part was truly him).

My football team is a bunch of convicts and I still root for them. I'm not saying don't root for them, just if I'm the Sox I'm not taking someone else's problem for a Mookie Betts. Not saying either the Dodgers should cut him or whatever, but to trade for him is a bad look.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In my eyes as long as he wasn’t doing the physical assaulting or was privy to the alleged sexual assault I can get over it and write it off as being a moron drunk teen who put himself in the wrong place at the wrong time

if he shared it on social media it’s a character flaw in my eyes. It’s one that could clear up with maturity but still a flaw nonetheless

and Mookie is just so lovable

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Age to me means nothing in these cases...normal 17 year olds steal their dads liquor or cut school, not watch two girls beat up a drunk girl while being caught on film as being there and sharing it on social media (if that part was truly him).

My football team is a bunch of convicts and I still root for them. I'm not saying don't root for them, just if I'm the Sox I'm not taking someone else's problem for a Mookie Betts. Not saying either the Dodgers should cut him or whatever, but to trade for him is a bad look.

Bloom getting exposed as the small market GM he is with this acquisition, no consideration of the optics bc that probably is never a big concern in TB

Last edited:

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
When the Sox brought up Graterol's medicals, I have to think that Friedman asked, "You realize that Price's elbow is spaghetti, right?"

And then Bloom is countering that with: You know that you received more than half of his contract in cash back (which makes him a minimal risk, considering what huge mileage arm Bumgarner signed for) and Graterol is considered to be the return fo Betts, not Price?!

The Sox were fools for making it a 3 way with the Twins. If they wanted another prospect in the 50 range, they should have taken the one they liked the most from LA...Ruiz, Downs, Gray. If LA wasn't going to make anyone of these guys available, then no deal.

Graterol is not going to stay in the rotation and the Twins know it. Otherwise there is 0% chance they would have made that trade. If he was still in single or Double A and a few years away - like Espinoza - then maybe, because they are contending now and absolutely have a use for a steady and reliable SP like Maeda.

And if he is a reliever from the get go, then he instantly becomes less valuable for us. No way would he be considered a top 30 prospect if we went to the bullpen.

I wish they were smart enough to trade Betts at last years deadline. They were pretty much out of contention at that point and a contender like the Dodgers would have given up way more if they had him for 2 playoffs runs instead of 1.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
somebody is gonna have to cave because the Sox are in a much better spot than the twins or dodgers are if this caves in. Mookie and Price won’t care about the Sox trying to trade them.

Might impact Maeda, Verdugo, Graterol, and all of the players in the Joc deal though. Everybody other than Joc himself have years left with those orgs

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
somebody is gonna have to cave because the Sox are in a much better spot than the twins or dodgers are if this caves in. Mookie and Price won’t care about the Sox trying to trade them.

Might impact Maeda, Verdugo, Graterol, and all of the players in the Joc deal though. Everybody other than Joc himself have years left with those orgs
The Pederson deal has nothing to do with Red Sox deal.
Its done from both sides.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
And then Bloom is countering that with: You know that you received more than half of his contract in cash back (which makes him a minimal risk, considering what huge mileage arm Bumgarner signed for) and Graterol is considered to be the return fo Betts, not Price?!

The Sox were fools for making it a 3 way with the Twins. If they wanted another prospect in the 50 range, they should have taken the one they liked the most from LA...Ruiz, Downs, Gray. If LA wasn't going to make anyone of these guys available, then no deal.

Graterol is not going to stay in the rotation and the Twins know it. Otherwise there is 0% chance they would have made that trade. If he was still in single or Double A and a few years away - like Espinoza - then maybe, because they are contending now and absolutely have a use for a steady and reliable SP like Maeda.

And if he is a reliever from the get go, then he instantly becomes less valuable for us. No way would he be considered a top 30 prospect if we went to the bullpen.

I wish they were smart enough to trade Betts at last years deadline. They were pretty much out of contention at that point and a contender like the Dodgers would have given up way more if they had him for 2 playoffs runs instead of 1.
Too soon?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The Betts deal is bothering me more and more that I read about the issues Verdugo has off the field and the bum shoulder Graterol has.
Even if the Dodgers add another prospect I would rescind the deal, keep Betts / Price for another year.
Its the right thing to do for the fans, who are paying top dollar to go to Fenway.
I would rather have Mookie for another year and watch his highlight reel plays and get nothing for him vs trading him for Verdugo and a young overweight pitcher with shoulder issues, coming off TJ surgery.
Dodgers After Dark: The Sexual Assaults MLB Never Investigated, A Team's Culture Unexamined

Reactions: KrejciMVP

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
This is an arbitration hearing, setting Pederson's contract for next year.
Has nothing to do with the Red Sox trade.
See below.
"It’s an extremely atypical set of circumstances leading into Pederson’s hearing, as the Dodgers are reportedly in agreement on the framework of a deal that’d send him up to Anaheim at a time when they’re also set to argue his salary with an arbitration panel.
Had the two sides agreed to a swap involving Pederson earlier in the winter, the Angels could’ve prepped for a case in spite of the fact that Pederson has never played a game for them. That type of situation isn’t ideal for clubs but also isn’t unprecedented"

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is an arbitration hearing, setting Pederson's contract for next year.
Has nothing to do with the Red Sox trade.
See below.
"It’s an extremely atypical set of circumstances leading into Pederson’s hearing, as the Dodgers are reportedly in agreement on the framework of a deal that’d send him up to Anaheim at a time when they’re also set to argue his salary with an arbitration panel.
Had the two sides agreed to a swap involving Pederson earlier in the winter, the Angels could’ve prepped for a case in spite of the fact that Pederson has never played a game for them. That type of situation isn’t ideal for clubs but also isn’t unprecedented"

if the deal was official he wouldn’t be having a hearing with the dodgers and you literally quoted something that says “they are in agreement on the framework” IE the trade isn’t official yet because there is other stuff at play. The article says there is a holdup. And on top of that read the last paragraph

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The Betts deal is bothering me more and more that I read about the issues Verdugo has off the field and the bum shoulder Graterol has.
Even if the Dodgers add another prospect I would rescind the deal, keep Betts / Price for another year.
Its the right thing to do for the fans, who are paying top dollar to go to Fenway.
I would rather have Mookie for another year and watch his highlight reel plays and get nothing for him vs trading him for Verdugo and a young overweight pitcher with shoulder issues, coming off TJ surgery.
Dodgers After Dark: The Sexual Assaults MLB Never Investigated, A Team's Culture Unexamined

If you’d rather have nothing but a pick over Verdugo and Graterol then nobody should take your opinions seriously

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
if the deal was official he wouldn’t be having a hearing with the dodgers and you literally quoted something that says “they are in agreement on the framework” IE the trade isn’t official yet because there is other stuff at play. The article says there is a holdup. And on top of that read the last paragraph
They are having a hearing because the Dodgers and Pederson had a framework of a contract prior to the Dodgers dealing him. So, the issue is that the Pederson camp wants to make sure he is getting the same deal ( contract) with the Angels.
It has no impact on the Red Sox trade my friend.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They are having a hearing because the Dodgers and Pederson had a framework of a contract prior to the Dodgers dealing him. So, the issue is that the Pederson camp wants to make sure he is getting the same deal ( contract) with the Angels.
It has no impact on the Red Sox trade my friend.

and again read the least paragraph

“there are clearly numerous balls in the air that need to be accounted for prior to the completion of this series of significant transactions”

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So it's been 48 hours since the trade was agreed to and 24 hours since the questions about medicals were brought up. I don't know about anyone else, but that seems like a long time for just minor adjustments to the trade to be made. I wouldn't think it would take that long for a simple fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad