2020 HFNHL World Junior Thread

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
It's that time of year again when, we get to watch some of our best prospects participate in the World Juniors.

This year the Vegas Golden Knights will have 9 players participating in the tournament.

Canada: Barrett Hayton - Named captain of the Canadian team, we are hoping for a big tournament from Hayton who is one of the returning members from last years team.

Finland: Rasmus Kupari - He's the lone returning forward from last years gold medal team. This will be his 3rd time at the tournament. We expect Kupari to be a key driver of the offence for Finland this year.

Finland: Ville Heinola - It's been a whirlwind year for Heinola who started the year in the NHL. He's also returning from last years gold medal squad. Expectations are that Ville will be the top defender for the Finns this year.

Finland: Matias Maccelli - He was my 5th round pick from this past summers draft. So far he's looked like a steal as he's putting up a point per game in the top league in Finland. He's expected to be one of the wingers for Kupari at this years tournament.

Russia: Alexander Romanov - Last year he won the top defender for the tournament and he's back for more this year. Can he take home the top defender award again? I'm sure he'd rather take home gold instead of the individual accolades this time around.

Russia: Yegor Zamula - Ever since going undrafted in the NHL draft all he's done is perform and prove people wrong. He's still got a long way to go, but this a chance for him to really show what he's got on one of the biggest stages.

USA: Ty Emberson - A big shutdown defender, Emberson isn't a guy I pegged to be playing in the world juniors back in the spring. I expect to see Ty playing on the PK and maybe protecting a lead late in games.

USA: Dustin Wolf - Not sure if he'll see any game time this year, as it looks to me as tough Wolf is the 3rd goalie for the Americans.

Czech: Michal Teply - I haven't heard or seen much of the Czech pre tournament games, so I'm not sure what to expect from the big forward or what role he's expected to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewFlames

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Ten for the Panthers this year. Will definitely be watching attentively.

Canada
Ty Dellandrea
Liam Foudy
Jacob Bernard Docker
Aidan Dudas

US
K'Andre Miller
Trevor Zegras
Nick Robertson

Germany
Moritz Seider

Russia
Nikita Alexandrov

Sweden
Nikola Pasic

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
For the Wings some surprises, some obvious playere

Joesph Veleno Canada Top line player figured to be a big piece of the attack.

Martin Has Czechs Not sure where he figures into the host nations defense core but he is a veteran leader on a young d core.

Adam Ginning Sweden stacked defense core, probably will not be a prominent player behind such talent.

Notable not on team Jack Hughes who will stay with Jersey despite struggles. And out of the top 5 projected prospects 1 of them will be a Wing next season. So will be, watching Byfield/Laferniene/Raymond/Askorov closely

Tom HFNHL Stars

Jan 30, 2014
Port McNeill
For the Stars.
(G) Amir Miftakhov Team Russia. 2018 ov125, Russia has 3 goalies at WJC Askarov starts, Miftakhov may play if Askarov falters.
(F) Grigory Denisenko Team Russia 2018 ov32, should star at the WJC.
(F) Vasili Podkolzin Team Russia 2019 ov8 (via trade) should be a top scorer at WJC.
(D) Kevin Bahl Team Canada 2018 ov63 the big guy should play on the 3rd D pair at WJC.
(F) Nils Hoglander Team Sweden 2019 ov34 (via trade) will see time on 1st pp at the WJC.

Notable Stars not at the WJC.
(D) Rasmus Dahlin (19) obvious a top NHL star, hard to believe he is only 19.
(D) Adam Boqvist (19) playing with the Black Hawks in NHL.
(F) Jacob Olofsson(19) made last years team Sweden, currently injured.
(D) Artemi Kniazev (18) Playing well in the Q did not make team Russia.
(F) Egor Afanasyev (18) playing very well in the OHL, snubbed by team Russia.

Denisenko, Podkolzin and Hoglander each has a great chance to be all stars at this years WJC.
Dallas Stars will be well represented.

Last edited:

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
For Flyers

Alex Turcotte
Antti Saarela
Bowen Byram
David Gustafsson
Oliver Wahlstrom
Philip Broberg
Sampo Ranta

Notable flyeros not at the WJC.

Kirby Dach
Joel Farabee
Cause they are NBT

BtW all NBT

Last edited:

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
For the Coyotes...

CANADA
Connor McMichael
Akil Thomas
Jared McIsaac

USA
Spencer Stastney

GERMANY
Dominik Bokk

And since we're including prospects who didn't make their teams

Alex Newhook (Canada)
Blake Murray (Canada)
Cole Schwindt (Canada)
Giovanni Vallati (Canada)
Mikhail Abramov (Russia)
Albin Eriksson (Sweden)

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
One of these days I’ll be back to joining in on these bragging threads

For now there are just three for Edmonton:
G Joel Hofer – I predicted in the draft room he would be a team Canada goalie and happy not to be wrong (only bragging I get to do here)
G Erik Portillo – Still happy with the selection but lets be honest, with Alnefelt playing well for Sweden he hasn’t gotten into a game
D Mathias Samuelsson – Just doing his steady reliable defensive thing with zero points at the WJC again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad