Who is the Devils' #14 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Amazing we're only two years removed from having Quenneville in the top 5 and Speers in the top 10.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
He was an awful pick - a lot of fans wanted Lemieux, who at least turned into an NHL player.

The Matteau pick two years earlier was just as brutal. Doesn't help that Tanner Pearson was taken with the following pick.

If Lou had forfeited the Matteau pick, the Devils would've had the 11th pick in 2014. Fiala went 11th that year, Vrana 13th & Larkin 15th. Though given our drafting back then, I'm sure Conte would've taken someone like Honka.
All this talk about Quenneville and Matteau is making me sick... two Chathom-level prospects taken in the first round

Talk about rock bottom

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I have Gritsyuk ahead of both. Where should Bastian and Clarke be in the rankings?
Would say Bahl, Foote and Daws are all behind Bastian and Clarke at this point (though that could change).

Mentioned it elsewhere that there seems to be a bias against those players who have come up through the system and were drafted by New Jersey while all the "shiny new toys" are viewed more highly.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Would say Bahl, Foote and Daws are all behind Bastian and Clarke at this point (though that could change).

Mentioned it elsewhere that there seems to be a bias against those players who have come up through the system and were drafted by New Jersey while all the "shiny new toys" are viewed more highly.

I could maybe see the argument for Daws, but not Foote and Bahl.

Clarke has been in the Devils organization a whole 6-8 months longer than Bahl and Foote, so that doesn't really align with the "shiny new toys" theory you have. Neither does probably every draft analyst ranking Bahl and Foote as the better prospects. For example, for Pronman's best players under 23 list he has Foote at 99 and Bahl at 115.

Ranking the best NHL players under 23: Corey Pronman's top 155

Reactions: Darkauron

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
b b b but how can we know if our current prospects are better?!?!? what kind of sorcery allows you guys to see into the future like this?!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
b b b but how can we know if our current prospects are better?!?!? what kind of sorcery allows you guys to see into the future like this?!

It involves sacrificing a goat in strange, stygian, rites, with a human blood component as well and archaic incantations. I think a magical circle is required and often times the daggers from the Omen get trotted out and maybe even Lance Henriksen.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
No, he is not. Foote and Clarke were drafted in 2019, Bahl was drafted in 2018. Clarke lost more than a real year. And he can not play in AHL this year. Foote and Bahl will play in NHl(only if something will go wrong with theirs health). Holtz has big chances to play in Nhl next year, and we even don’t know who will stay - Gusev, Palms, both or none. There are too many RW, who rank above Clarke, there are not so many defensemen and LW. And Clarke still needs in two year of development minimum.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH

I could maybe see the argument for Daws, but not Foote and Bahl.

Clarke has been in the Devils organization a whole 6-8 months longer than Bahl and Foote, so that doesn't really align with the "shiny new toys" theory you have. Neither does probably every draft analyst ranking Bahl and Foote as the better prospects. For example, for Pronman's best players under 23 list he has Foote at 99 and Bahl at 115.

Ranking the best NHL players under 23: Corey Pronman's top 155

Doesn’t Foote have pretty solid top 6 type potential with his shot? I don’t see Bastian with that high of a ceiling.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

FWIW I agree on Daws, I think goalies in this range are a crap shoot and you take one every year and hope one or two pan out. I don't think he really belongs at #11.

I won't say anything about Bahl, I have him higher than Clarke and Bastian, but comparing forwards to defenseman is not straightforward, so I wouldn't really argue it.

Foote over Clarke is a little bit harder for me to understand. Both CHL wingers, Foote is 5 months older and taken at #27 while Clarke was taken at #80 in the same draft. Foote's CHL production is a little underwhelming, but Kelowna is a bad team, and that might have something to do with it. He had 5 points in 7 games at the WJC last year.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ironically, both Bastian and Foote are former Kelowna Rockets (as is Nick Merkley). With the exception of Damon Severson and possibly Dillon Dube, for some reason former Rockets have not fared well on the NHL after putting up big numbers in the WHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->