Janne Kuokkanen
Reilly Walsh
Daniil Misyul
Nico Daws
Nick Merkley
Yegor Sharangovich

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
the good thing about not voting the winner. it doesn't take long to chose in the next vote. talavite

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
the good thing about not voting the winner. it doesn't take long to chose in the next vote. talavite

I gave up on Talavite this soon. People aren’t ready for him so I feel like I keep throwing my vote away so I am going for my next in line that is competing for the top spot. Weird strategy but why waste my vote just to say I had him above others next year? :laugh:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I gave up on Talavite this soon. People aren’t ready for him so I feel like I keep throwing my vote away so I am going for my next in line that is competing for the top spot. Weird strategy but why waste my vote just to say I had him above others next year? :laugh:

I think Talvite can have an NHL future if his knee has recovered. We will have to see how he plays this season. Allegedly they have a game tonight? Hopefully they get a good number of them in.

Reactions: Guadana

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this late in the game, i'm voting for the only guy who has seen nhl ice...pretty easy. add schnarr

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Went with Bastian. I think he's (somewhat quietly) made some really nice progress the past few seasons since turning pro and will be a nice addition to the big club this season.

After him, I'm not sure where to go - seems like McCarthy & Okhotyuk have the next highest amount of support.

Both were drafted a year ago, with Okhotyuk going in round 2 versus McCarthy in round 4. Tough to really gauge the D+1 year development for defensemen, though both seemingly had good seasons. Okhotyuk's was cut short by injury, though he still played 7 more games than McCarthy. Devils brass obviously thought Okhotyuk was the better prospect a year ago, selecting him two rounds earlier in addition to selecting 4 players in between. Did McCarthy really close the gap already on Okhotyuk? And what do we make of Vukojevic who was selected in between these two players and isn't even a poll option yet?

Just tough to judge the development of defensemen.

Reactions: Blackjack

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Went with Bastian. I think he's (somewhat quietly) made some really nice progress the past few seasons since turning pro and will be a nice addition to the big club this season.

After him, I'm not sure where to go - seems like McCarthy & Okhotyuk have the next highest amount of support.

Both were drafted a year ago, with Okhotyuk going in round 2 versus McCarthy in round 4. Tough to really gauge the D+1 year development for defensemen, though both seemingly had good seasons. Okhotyuk's was cut short by injury, though he still played 7 more games than McCarthy. Devils brass obviously thought Okhotyuk was the better prospect a year ago, selecting him two rounds earlier in addition to selecting 4 players in between. Did McCarthy really close the gap already on Okhotyuk? And what do we make of Vukojevic who was selected in between these two players and isn't even a poll option yet?

Just tough to judge the development of defensemen.

I rate the NCAA as a much tougher league than the CHL, so I now have McCarthy and Moynihan ahead of Okhotyuk and certainly Vukojevic. Draft position does mean something, but even as recently as 1 year ago the difference between 61 OA and 118 is not that great. I also think you can have a lot of movement in one year when you're talking about teenagers.

Incidentally I have McCarthy ahead of Misyul (who went at #10), and I also have Zaitsev ahead of Misyul and Okhotyuk. Zaitsev is playing 16:00 per game in the KHL while Misyul is playing 6. Apparently the KHL rolls 4 defensive pairings, so 16:00 a game is very good, especially if he's not getting power play time.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I rate the NCAA as a much tougher league than the CHL, so I now have McCarthy and Moynihan ahead of Okhotyuk and certainly Vukojevic. Draft position does mean something, but even as recently as 1 year ago the difference between 61 OA and 118 is not that great. I also think you can have a lot of movement in one year when you're talking about teenagers.

Incidentally I have McCarthy ahead of Misyul (who went at #10), and I also have Zaitsev ahead of Misyul and Okhotyuk. Zaitsev is playing 16:00 per game in the KHL while Misyul is playing 6. Apparently the KHL rolls 4 defensive pairings, so 16:00 a game is very good, especially if he's not getting power play time.
They don’t have 4 defensive pairs but they get to dress two extra players as “designated juniors” from their junior team roster that are added to the 20 man line up taken from their KHL roster. The junior players just have to be skaters (no goalies), Russian and 20 or under. I’m pretty sure this how top NHL prospects get the infamous minuscule playing times in the KHL that everyone bitches about but I admit I’m pretty shaky on the mysterious workings of the KHL so please correct me if I’m wrong.

But yeah, Misyul is 20 and was the 7th defenseman. I think he was just sent down though.

Reactions: Blackjack

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Voted for Bastian. That he and Clarke (who is in Canada's camp for the WJC) are not much higher hurts the credibility of this poll.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
Wasnt long ago that John Quenneville was one of our better prospects. Looking at what we have now reminds me of how crappy a pick he was

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Wasnt long ago that John Quenneville was one of our better prospects. Looking at what we have now reminds me of how crappy a pick he was

He was an awful pick - a lot of fans wanted Lemieux, who at least turned into an NHL player.

The Matteau pick two years earlier was just as brutal. Doesn't help that Tanner Pearson was taken with the following pick.

If Lou had forfeited the Matteau pick, the Devils would've had the 11th pick in 2014. Fiala went 11th that year, Vrana 13th & Larkin 15th. Though given our drafting back then, I'm sure Conte would've taken someone like Honka.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->