Shakir Mukhamadullin
Tyce Thompson
Janne Kuokkanen
Reilly Walsh
Daniil Misyul

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
if nhl-readiness is a factor, this should really go to bastian or merkley in a landslide

Reactions: JK3

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Sharangovich has 10 goals in 21 KHL games

i'll be interested to see if that carries over, KHL stats don't mean much to me. nick and nathan have NHL experience (albeit limited) and i'm quite confident they'll have nice little careers as bottom 6 players. hopefully all 3 pan out.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i'll be interested to see if that carries over, KHL stats don't mean much to me. nick and nathan have NHL experience (albeit limited) and i'm quite confident they'll have nice little careers as bottom 6 players. hopefully all 3 pan out.

I think what Sharangovich is showing is that his end of season run with Bingo was not a fluke. In that context I think his KHL numbers show he’s continuing to build on his strong finish.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Voted for Bastian. Curious about the criteria. Are we considering closest to NHL ready or long-term potential? And how are some players eligible while others are not?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Whats a hell Gritsyuk isn`t in top-11? I`ll burn all of you. I've already hacked everyone and I know all the addresses. And at the same time chose a new President for you with my comrades. You will regret it! Or vote for Gritsyuk next time.

If we have first level talented players like Holtz and Smith, second level talented players Bahl and Foote, and Mercer somewhere between this two groups, I would put Gritsyuk in the third group.

Buyout Haula

Mar 4, 2014
Bastian and Merkley have highest guarantee of being NHL regulars.

Many others have higher ceilings.

I’m voting based on NHL certainty.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Whats a hell Gritsyuk isn`t in top-11? I`ll burn all of you. I've already hacked everyone and I know all the addresses. And at the same time chose a new President for you with my comrades. You will regret it! Or vote for Gritsyuk next time.

If we have first level talented players like Holtz and Smith, second level talented players Bahl and Foote, and Mercer somewhere between this two groups, I would put Gritsyuk in the third group.

You have the advantage of multiple viewings of him. Many of us only have highlights and insane rants from you about him. Please be lenient with us.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You have the advantage of multiple viewings of him. Many of us only have highlights and insane rants from you about him. Please be lenient with us.

The funny thing is, I've always voted for Bastian before.
All successful teams have their own successful version of Bastian. I hope the Devils got a successful version, too.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Made a "shiny toy" reference in a discussion about the defense but that appears to be the case in this discussion, too.

Players like Bahl, Foote and to a lesser degree Merkley (a former 1st round pick who does seem to merit the acclaim) are immediately elevated over the in-house prospects who are either in Binghamton or were drafted by New Jersey.

Binghamton made great strides last season but all of their top prospects are summarily dismissed.

Similarly guys like Okhotyuk, Clarke, and Vukojevic in juniors, or the college guys McCarthy and Talvitie and Zaitsev and Misyul in Russia are rarely mentioned.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Made a "shiny toy" reference in a discussion about the defense but that appears to be the case in this discussion, too.

Players like Bahl, Foote and to a lesser degree Merkley (a former 1st round pick who does seem to merit the acclaim) are immediately elevated over the in-house prospects who are either in Binghamton or were drafted by New Jersey.

Binghamton made great strides last season but all of their top prospects are summarily dismissed.

Similarly guys like Okhotyuk, Clarke, and Vukojevic in juniors, or the college guys McCarthy and Talvitie and Zaitsev and Misyul in Russia are rarely mentioned.

I`m pretty high on Talvitie, we can understand why people not so high on him, he has pretty grey year. Like Misyul who hasn`t decent minutes now.
And I`m pretty interesting in Zaitsev. He is a man from the mystery box. He is late rounder why people don`t expect much, but it`s ok for late rounders. If he will be roster player- woohoo, if not - no one will regret.
I can`t agree with you that people like only new toys from other side. Gritsyuk, Thompson, even Walsh, whom I wouldn't trust to walk my dog. There are some attention on them.
And you should know we trade prospects for real players. This is not a draft, this is not a choice from the void, these are players with a better history of local success. When you draft , you choose from hundred of players. When you go to the exchange in trade - you choose one of the best from top list of a particular club . Or trade somewhere else. It's just a theory of probability. I don't know if you took classes at University, but that's how it works.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not sure about the University comment but I agree with your assessment of trades vs drafting. It seems there is a big emphasis on the draft when in reality the correlation between drafting and success on the ice isn't as direct as it is say in American football.

The most obvious example is the two most recent Stanley Cup champions.

While there were some key players acquired through the draft, a significant portion of the rosters came from elsewhere.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Not sure about the University comment but I agree with your assessment of trades vs drafting. It seems there is a big emphasis on the draft when in reality the correlation between drafting and success on the ice isn't as direct as it is say in American football.

The most obvious example is the two most recent Stanley Cup champions.

While there were some key players acquired through the draft, a significant portion of the rosters came from elsewhere.
I would say that the Draft is very important in building championship teams. Over the past three years, winning teams have had a lot of their own drafted players or players who came as a result of exchanges before the start of their NHL careers. Especially if we are talking about defensemen. But without the trades, Tampa and St. Louis probably wouldn't have become Champions.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I`m pretty high on Talvitie, we can understand why people not so high on him, he has pretty grey year.
I was very high on him too, but his leg injury really concerns me. I'm hoping he comes back strong though, and I hold out a lot of hope that he can be another Blake Coleman type.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

Coffee and cake are ready. Let's discuss, how we can best ship Gritsyuk off the team. :naughty:

Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Sponsor
Coffee and cake are ready. Let's discuss, how we can best ship Gritsyuk off the team. :naughty:

My golden retrievers are hiding under the bed and my wife took the boys to a remote cabin surrounded by inbred cannibals who wear old goalie masks and carry chain saws saying that the cannibals were less threatening than Guadana coming over to show more Gritsyuk highlights on the tv.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad