Prospect Info: 2020 HF-Panthers top prospects vote, #9

Who is the Panthers #9 ranked prospect?

• D - Brady Keeper (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Chase Priskie (2016, #177), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
2019 top 25 list

#1 G - Spencer Knight (2019, #13), Boston College (NCAA) - 41.5% of votes
#2 F - Owen Tippett (2017, #10), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 66.7%
#3 F - Anton Lundell (2020, #12), HIFK (Liiga) - 66.7%
#4 F - Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 87.2%
#5 D - Riley Stillman (2016, #114), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 23.1%
#6 D - Vladislav Kolyachonok (2019, #52), Dinamo Minsk (KHL) - 30.3%
#7 D - Max Gildon (2017, #66), Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 24.3%
#8 F - Aleksi Saarela (2015, #89), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 35.9%

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Prospects included in the vote (25yo or under, and under contract or rights owned by the team) and left to be added:

F - Juho Lammikko (2014, #65), Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL)
F - Henry Bowlby (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Jonathan Ang (2016, #94), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Rodrigo Abols (2016, #184), Örebro HK (SHL)
F - Patrick Bajkov (undrafted), Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
F - Justin Schütz (2018, #170), EC Salzburg (IceHL)
F - Henrik Rybinski (2019, #136), Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
F - Owen Lindmark (2019, #137), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
F - Emil Heineman (2020, #43), Leksands IF (SHL)
F - Ty Smilanic (2020, #74), Quinnipiac Univ. (NCAA)
F - Justin Sourdif (2020, #87), Vancouver Giants (WHL)
F - Elliot Ekmark (2020, #198), Linköping HC (SHL)

D - Alec Rauhauser (undrafted), DVTK Jegesmedvék (Slovakia) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Jake Massie (2015, #156), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Tyler Inamoto (2017, #133), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
D - Cole Krygier (2018, #201), Michigan State Univ. (NCAA)
D - Santtu Kinnunen (2018, #207), Tappara (Liiga)
D - Carter Berger (2019, #106), Univ. of Connecticut (NCAA)
D - Michael Benning (2020, #95), Univ. of Denver (NCAA)
D - Zach Uens (2020, #105), Merrimack College (NCAA)
D - Kasper Puutio (2020, #153), Kärpät (Liiga)

G - Samuel Montembeault (2015, #77), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
G - Ryan Bednard (2015, #206), Charlotte Checkers (AHL) / Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
G - Devon Levi (2020, #212), Northeastern Univ. (NCAA) / Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL)

Remember to vote for the next prospect to be added by replying to this thread.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Noel

As I said, I will unveil my personal "tier 2" ranking as they unfold:

7. (11 overall) - Stillman
5. (9th) - Kolyachonok
1. (5th) - Gildon
3. (7th) - Saarela

Add Uens

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It's probably time to put Monty on the board.

edit, good damn I need more coffee, voted for the wrong guy. Is it possible to change my vote to Schwindt?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think Borg is a bust. He should have shown it by now. Tallon screwed up by not getting McDonough for him, but oh well at least a Florida team won the cup.

Went with Eetu.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's probably time to put Monty on the board.

edit, good damn I need more coffee, voted for the wrong guy. Is it possible to change my vote to Schwindt?
I'll count this at the end, it would reset all the other votes for Noel too since I can't reset invidual votes.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Hopefully replaces Hornqvist's role, could be used on the PP in front of net.
18-20 goals and 40-45pts?
Ideally he's a really good 3rd line RW behind Tippett and Denisenko, assuming both of those two stay on RW.
Interested to see his transition from giant boy amongst other boys to giant man amongst other men/giants.
May take a good 3 years for him in the AHL but it should be worth it.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
A three-way coin toss between Borg/Noel/Luostarinen. Borg with the highest chance of being a complete bust, Luostarinen with the lowest upside. Taking one more chance on Borgstrom.

Add Heineman.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Has Borgy really fallen off that badly? Haven’t really kept up with him since he was sent down to the minors.
He had one bad AHL season, which, on one hand, is just one bad year, but a bad year at 22-23? Not great. Also he has yet to put together a consistent strong year in the AHL (a lot of which goes to mismanagement+bad team IMO, but still.)
I could easily see a situation where we trade him for meh value and he thrives elsewhere.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He had one bad AHL season, which, on one hand, is just one bad year, but a bad year at 22-23? Not great. Also he has yet to put together a consistent strong year in the AHL (a lot of which goes to mismanagement+bad team IMO, but still.)
I could easily see a situation where we trade him for meh value and he thrives elsewhere.
That’s basically the NHL textbook definition of a first round bust.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
That’s basically the NHL textbook definition of a first round bust.
Not really; he played one and half year in the AHL, looked good during his first half-a-year there (was on a .ppg pace on a meh SPR team). Then he got called up too soon to play 2C and struggled in the NHL with the rest of the Panthers. Then last year there was the "let's make Borgstrom into a defensively responsible 3C" experiment, which was a stupid idea from the start. At least playing in Liiga should be good for him (I'd rather see him in KHL/SHL but he's home in Finland and they should be flexible enough to send him back if/when then the time comes).
Our AHL developement sucks - case in point, playing Heponiemi on 3rd and 4th line. I really hope this changes with Zito and an affiliate with the Checkers is a solid first step. If they miss the playoffs again, I hope he finally fires Kinnear because what he's doing with our forward prospects is unacceptable. Hats off to Tippett for succeeding despite our "developement" there.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Not really; he played one and half year in the AHL, looked good during his first half-a-year there (was on a .ppg pace on a meh SPR team). Then he got called up too soon to play 2C and struggled in the NHL with the rest of the Panthers. Then last year there was the "let's make Borgstrom into a defensively responsible 3C" experiment, which was a stupid idea from the start. At least playing in Liiga should be good for him (I'd rather see him in KHL/SHL but he's home in Finland and they should be flexible enough to send him back if/when then the time comes).
Our AHL developement sucks - case in point, playing Heponiemi on 3rd and 4th line. I really hope this changes with Zito and an affiliate with the Checkers is a solid first step. If they miss the playoffs again, I hope he finally fires Kinnear because what he's doing with our forward prospects is unacceptable. Hats off to Tippett for succeeding despite our "developement" there.
Okay, I think the general points you make are totally valid, but I’m hugely skeptical of Borg not being a bust. Can you think of another first round pick that went a path like his and didn’t turn out to be a bust?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Okay, I think the general points you make are totally valid, but I’m hugely skeptical of Borg not being a bust. Can you think of another first round pick that went a path like his and didn’t turn out to be a bust?
From the top of my head, not a 1st rounder but Dadonov looked promising in his first time with us, made the team and had a good first season, then struggled, fell out of favor and left. It took a while but he's definitely not a bust.

Reactions: Pigge

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
From the top of my head, not a 1st rounder but Dadonov looked promising in his first time with us, made the team and had a good first season, then struggled, fell out of favor and left. It took a while but he's definitely not a bust.
Borg’s trade value is shot so might as well see how it goes, but like I said I’m skeptical that he’s going to amount to something in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->